Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Seattle SEA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Seattle SEA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Old Oct 29, 2009, 11:55 am

Programs: Delta Platinium
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Try calling the airport's mainline or DL counter, they should be able to transfer you to the DSC. Hopefully the lounge agent can help.
AndyTLe: Thanks for the suggestion.

I was having trouble finding a local number for Delta. So, I emailed the details to [email protected] and a few hours later, someone from the SEATAC Sky Club called me back. Unfortunately, my item hasn't turned up.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Question Seattle SEA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Back in May/June, there was talk of the SEA Sky Club getting remodeled, having a second floor added, being moved to the roof, or something. I heard the rear reservation counter got turned into a bar (doesn't matter to me) but I'm wondering whether any broader updating / remodeling / expansion happened since then. Anybody know? I'm flying through in a couple days.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 6:53 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Same old SkyClub (Worldclub) as of a couple weeks ago. I too heard they were going to remodel but have heard nothing in about 6 months.

It's OK, but not one of my favorites....
Old Dec 29, 2009, 8:54 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I was in it for the first time a few weeks ago. It certainly didn't look updated or expanded then. Other than having the agent there to reprint a BP I found the club quite pointless. At around Noon it had basically no food, no English language newspapers and no one behind the bar to serve a drink. I just left, bought a cup of clam chowder in the main terminal food court, and settled into a comfortable chair to look out onto the Cascades through the floor to ceiling windows.

My SkyClub membership expired a few days later and I just let it lapse without any regrets.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 3:08 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
This is a mediocre lounge at best. It is the old NW lounge, and was designed for pax levels prior to the DL merger. (The old DL lounge was near the A gates and was actually quite nice. It has been closed with the integration into the remote terminal.)

I've been to this NW lounge twice post-merger and found the service to be limited, and to be filled way over capacity (to the point where we nearly had to leave, except we got lucky when people we were standing near vacated their table).

In general, I find the legacy NW lounges to be among the worst of any carriers' lounges.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott Amb (LTT)
Speaking of SEA...I flew out of there on 12/23 and noticed some construction work going on near gate S2. Are they starting a South Satellite remodel, finally? At least GIDS would be nice.

The new SEA club is supposed to be two level but I thought they were in discussions with BA about potentially having a shared club?

-RM
Old Dec 29, 2009, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by NYBanker
In general, I find the legacy NW lounges to be among the worst of any carriers' lounges.
What other legacy NW lounges have you visited?
Old Dec 29, 2009, 3:30 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by NYBanker
That's a curious statement. The NW clubs used to have bagels and a sweet option, as well as yogurt every morning. After that, there was cheese (real cheese), carrots, celery, snack mix, and cookies from after breakfast until close. Couples with self-serve drinks, free internet, and a great staff.

If these legacy lounges were that bad, what do you make of the legacy Crown Rooms or the new Skyclubs?

Some of the clubs needed a facelift pretty badly (BOS, HNL, LAX), but I could care less about ugly furniture and bad wallpaper given the good parts. The hubs all had excellent WC's (well, one at MSP needed a facelift)
Old Dec 29, 2009, 3:32 pm
gsw

Programs: DL
I think that the SEA SC is a mediocre facility, but I want to speak out for the excellent service that I have received there from a staffer named [redacted]. On the day before Thanksgiving, I was scheduled for DL1058 (SEA-ATL). After sitting on the plane for a long time, 30-60 min, we were instructed that the flight had been canceled due to equipment failure. I was not able to reschedule a flight until nearly midnight. The short story is that [redacted] was pleasant, empathetic, and went out of her way ro make my delay as pleasant as possible.

I would rather have a much nicer SC in SEA {my home airport), but I will gladly continue to patronize the SEA SC as long as I get such wonderful service.

(BTW. I wrote DL and asked that a commendation beb placed in her file.)

Last edited by slippahs; Dec 31, 2009 at 10:50 am Reason: please "[r]espect the privacy of non-management travel service employees by not referring to them by name." thanks.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
The SEA club furniture/decor is mediocre and the food is standard SkyClub these days, but the staff is what makes it one of my favorites. Everyone I've encountered there is hugely knowledgeable, very pleasant and exceptionally accomodating - I've even gotten great travel advice from the folks there before

For the poster who mentioned they couldn't find anyone at the bar, just check with the front desk attendant; sometimes (especially during slow periods) the staff seem to work multiple positions, but they've always been very responsive if I just ask politely for bartending assistance.

(The best part of the SEA club, of course, is the Alaskan Amber on tap. Delta should get something interesting and local on tap in all their clubs like they do in SEA, SLC, etc. - as a counterexample, the DTW clubs are nicely furnished, but the beer selections are sorely lacking.)

Ben
Old Dec 29, 2009, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Oh, right. I almost forgot one legitimate gripe: The new Coke machine that was installed to replace the old Pepsi machine is the loudest freakin' beverage machine in the entire planet. GRINDGRINDGRIND CRUNCH GRINDGRIND CACLUNK CRINKLECRANKLECRINKLECRANKLECRINKLECRANKLE CLUNK CLUNK KACLUNK!!!!! over and over and OVER again. And this is with nobody touching it - it just seems to be on a lifelong mission to make and move around ice while idle; it made noises like this for an hour with nobody else in sight.

So I can't have my Mountain Dew anymore, I understand that (grumble grumble, why can't DL stock Mello Yello for waking me up after redeyes?) - but did they have to rub it in with the constant noise of an ice machine?

I swear, I'm fond of saying that all flights to Hell are CRJ-100s departing from gate 25 at JFK - but I might have to revise that to include the new SEA coke machine in the gate area
Old Dec 29, 2009, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by BenA
The SEA club furniture/decor is mediocre and the food is standard SkyClub these days, but the staff is what makes it one of my favorites. Everyone I've encountered there is hugely knowledgeable, very pleasant and exceptionally accomodating - I've even gotten great travel advice from the folks there before
+1 The SEA SC staff are among the best I've encountered anywhere...

The SEA staff CARE about their customers and it shows in lots of ways, both small and large... I almost with Delta would send them to various other lounges to lecture/teach...
Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold
I find the SEA Sky Club to be small, but relatively nice.

However, I find Delta's terminal in SEA to be a complete dump, especially compared to the rest of the airport.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:40 pm

So little effort to make so much better

It would take so little work to make the SEA club so much better. If they'd put out some fruit and bagels in the morning, add some crackers and cheese at noon, and have some nice nibbles in the evening, it would make a world of difference.

A self-service bar would be more inviting, and an assortment of cookies with the coffee would be nice.

As it now stands, going to there is like going to a party where someone forgot to go to Costco to buy the snacks. You leave slightly disappointed. And hungry.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 1:26 am

Programs: DL PM, AS MVPG, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by AirlineDeregulation
However, I find Delta's terminal in SEA to be a complete dump, especially compared to the rest of the airport.
Delta used to be out of the A gates, which is anything but a dump (other than that it was 1/2 mile trip from the main terminal). The S terminal, the intl terminal & former NWA gates, is the problem and is most certainly a dump.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.