Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Seattle SEA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle SEA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2014, 7:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In SEA, I like the SC over the AS BR but at LAX, I prefer the nice new BR. In both airports, though, it's ultimately all about location.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Skyclub is great for S departures since you can be at any S gate in less than 5 minutes from the club. Not so great for B departures.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 7:45 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
That would need thirteen keystrokes if you include the space, the return, and the call to a search engine.

Boy, you guys are kind. Bless you.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by matthew64832
Skyclub is great for S departures since you can be at any S gate in less than 5 minutes from the club. Not so great for B departures.
Still all right. You go down and get on the train and then ride it to B. Boardroom is better for a B departure unless the cappuccino machine is broken, but if you can't get into the Boardroom or the cappuccino machine is broken, Skyclub is still very manageable.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:04 am

Sky Club is great when arriving from PEK at 5:30 AM. Hand off the bag to recheck and go directly up to the club. No queue for the shower. Then enjoyed the oatmeal for breakfast.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Delta Sky Club Sea Tac

Taking my first Delta flight Sea-JFK, later in the week, looking forward to experiencing the Delta service, be it in Economy. I'm now Seattle based having come from Ireland, West to East Coast travel will be a feature for me, still building up status and majority of my flights will be in Economy, however would like to try out the Delta lounge.

Will have Mrs Openroad with me, am I correct in assuming we can purchase a day pass? I know it is quite expensive, but would like to give it a go.

Do we both have to purchase one?

Do Sea-JFK flights fly out of area S and so is the lounge close to the gate?

Know Lounges are slightly different to UK/Ireland, some free alcohol drinks but not all free, what is food selection like?

Any advice on Lounge/Delta flying experience West-East coast would be greatly appreciated. I am making my way through the threads here also
Old Apr 19, 2016, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by OPENROAD
Taking my first Delta flight Sea-JFK, later in the week, looking forward to experiencing the Delta service, be it in Economy. I'm now Seattle based having come from Ireland, West to East Coast travel will be a feature for me, still building up status and majority of my flights will be in Economy, however would like to try out the Delta lounge.

Will have Mrs Openroad with me, am I correct in assuming we can purchase a day pass? I know it is quite expensive, but would like to give it a go.

Do we both have to purchase one?

Do Sea-JFK flights fly out of area S and so is the lounge close to the gate?

Know Lounges are slightly different to UK/Ireland, some free alcohol drinks but not all free, what is food selection like?

Any advice on Lounge/Delta flying experience West-East coast would be greatly appreciated. I am making my way through the threads here also
It is all right, but seriously nothing special. It's a pleasant place to sit. Food, maybe you should sneak food in there with you and find a quiet place and eat it. Yes, SEA-JFK depart from S usually, but I have departed from B a couple of times. Even so, it's easy to get to and from the lounge. Yes, each of you has to buy a pass. $59! Good Lord! (Choke!)

There is an American Express Centurion lounge, B3. If you have an American Express card you can pay your way in, I believe. It's a sort of "mini" version, I understand (Centurion Studio), but I'm thinking it must be better than the Skyclub. $50, and all American Express cards are eligible, including ones issued outside of the USA.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
There is an American Express Centurion lounge, I think in B. If you have an American Express card you can pay your way in, I believe. It's a sort of "mini" version, I understand, but I'm thinking it must be better than the Skyclub.
It's not a full Centurion lounge, it's called a studio. Not very large, and far fewer amenities than say the DFW lounge.

I wouldn't pay for the lounge. IMO "The Club" lounge at Seattle is way better than the Centurion:

http://travellingtheworld.boardingar...rse-a-seattle/

edit: there are actually two "The Club" lounges, on in S and one on concourse A.

David
Old Apr 19, 2016, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave
It's not a full Centurion lounge, it's called a studio. Not very large, and far fewer amenities than say the DFW lounge.

I wouldn't pay for the lounge. IMO "The Club" lounge at Seattle is way better than the Centurion:

http://travellingtheworld.boardingar...rse-a-seattle/

edit: there are actually two "The Club" lounges, on in S and one on concourse A.

David
OK, million times better than the Skyclub. I've never been to the Centurion Lounge or Studio, and it seems clear you know what you're talking about, so I think the OP should go to "The Club".
Old Apr 19, 2016, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
the 0745 SEA-JFK has left from the B gates the last couple weeks (a few stray A departures also) ... SkyClub is by S9 in the South Satellite

if OP has the DL AmEx, a one-visit pass (will not permit access at JFK) is $29 per person

but as others have said, the SEA SC is nothing to write home about
Old Apr 19, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL DM; Starwood Platinum
I like the 'The Club' in A the best. It's quieter and better drink options than SkyClub, or Alaska BoardRoom. It's a bit of a walk if you aren't flying from A. I don't mind, but they sometimes have a free cart to take you to your gate. Used it once when I was late.

Something to keep in mind, security lines at SeaTac have been getting very long 90min+ so if you don't have preCheck, plan for that. If the line is short, enjoy whichever lounge you pick.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 1:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If the OP has an AmEx regular Platinum (or Centurion) charge card, both the AmEx studio lounge and DL SCs are free. For the SCs, you must be flying DL (not just SkyTeam) that day and no guest is allowed for free. Either card gives you a PP membership too for additional lounge access.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
As noted above, if you have a Delta branded American Express card you can get in Skyclubs (with up to two guests) for $29.

See: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...ess/delta-gold

I've used the SEA Club and it is very small with limited food choices vs. the Skyclub. And the Skyclub is in the terminal most Delta flights leave from. Finally they have showers in the Skyclub.

Oh and Popcorn! 😇
Old Apr 19, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
And if you hang in the SC rocking chairs that overlook the term, you can pitch popcorn kernels onto unsuspecting pax.

Not that **I** would do such a thing. It'd be one of those other SC peoples.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
Just returned y'day from SEA. IMO unless one is a very heavy drinker, it's not worth it to pay an entrance fee(in any skyclub). SEA skyclub in S is quite small and although nice, nothing exciting--such as outside seating, "fancy" food, etc. Another thing, if you decide to take the plunge, make sure it is a day pass instead of a one entrance pass. I thought day passes were a thing of the past, but am not sure, so make sure you check before paying.

If you have a Platinum American Express card (a regular AMEX card, not a Delta amex), you can go to the Centurion Lounge in B and they also allow you to bring a guest. Much better food than Delta skyclub. There is also a Priority Pass lounge, called "The Club at SEA" in S and that is much better than the Delta Skyclub also. With PP you will have to pay for a guest.

Summary, IMO unless you really want that Delta experience in SEA, I would wait to have that experience in the new JFK skyclub. Of course, if you truly get a daypass you can experience both. Also, not sure what you all drink, but not all drinks are "free."

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.