Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

High Demand Dates Using Skymiles Strategy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2009, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

I've reviewed many posts on the topic of the strategy for using skymiles under the new system. My question is what is the best strategy for high demand dates. For example, let's say I want to fly my daughter and her husband to Hawaii over Christmas next year and they can only fly on very specific dates that are very popular (say the saturday before and the saturday or sunday after Christmas).

In the old days, I would try to reserve and hold the outbound on the first date that I could and then reserve the return the moment it became available. But, with the new system, now what? These sorts of dates will always be popular. So, am I still well advised to jump on seats the first date that I can? Can you even hold the outbound anymore?

Many thanks for your thoughts!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.