FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Any of you flying into JFK, LGA or EWR tomorrow? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1029348-any-you-flying-into-jfk-lga-ewr-tomorrow.html)

HWGeeks Dec 18, 2009 3:31 pm

Any of you flying into JFK, LGA or EWR tomorrow?

Good luck!
http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdet...nav_undeclared

15 - 18 inches of snow expected in the Local NYC area

if you getin before noon you'll be ok but after that good luck.

AirlineDeregulation Dec 18, 2009 3:33 pm

DCA, IAD, and BWI will be just as bad if not worse. At least NYC is used to snow. Here in DC we are not.

AndyTLe Dec 18, 2009 3:50 pm

Let's see how much flying is actually done tomorrow. Good luck to all.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-advisory.html

HWGeeks Dec 18, 2009 3:50 pm

D'oh just realized I posted in the DL forum and not the general my bad

Evan! Dec 18, 2009 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by HWGeeks (Post 13014958)
D'oh just realized I posted in the DL forum and not the general my bad

DL services all three airports. :) So you just gave the DL folk an advanced heads-up. Request to one of the mods to move the thread. Thanks for heads-up. I fly through CVG tomorrow and weather.com is showing snow there too. Not as bad as what looks like is going to hit the NYC area.

PBQ Dec 18, 2009 4:59 pm

My parents and 93 year old grandmother are suppose to fly out of JFK on Sunday at 6:30 AM thru SLC to meet us in HNL.
When does the NWS predict the storm will start/end in NYC?
PBQ

elektronic Dec 18, 2009 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by PBQ (Post 13015329)
My parents and 93 year old grandmother are suppose to fly out of JFK on Sunday at 6:30 AM thru SLC to meet us in HNL.
PBQ

Heaviest snow is Saturday / Saturday Night. Sunday morning flight might get cancelled.

A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from noon Saturday to
11 am EST Sunday.

Deepening low pressure over the Atlantic Saturday and Saturday
night will result in the a period of moderate to heavy snow and
gusty winds. Snowfall accumulations of 8 to 12 inches are
possible before the snow ends Sunday morning.

Any minor deviation in the track of this storm system will have a
large impact on snow amounts and wind strength. At this time...
the best estimation is for the storm to take a favorable track to
produce this moderate to heavy snow and strong gusty winds. Stay
tuned.

AndyTLe Dec 18, 2009 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by PBQ (Post 13015329)
PBQ

Between 7 & 8 AM Saturday. Hopefully they'll get out. Do they have a long enough connection in SLC to factor in de-icing time in JFK?

Edit: Added Saturday

HWGeeks Dec 18, 2009 5:28 pm

I don't think your grandparents are getting out on Sunday, see if you can get them out tomorrow.

MyTravels Dec 18, 2009 6:01 pm

Volunteer bump??

I'm flying out early tomorrow, but if I don't need to fly out tomorrow, anyone have any ideas for the best ways to volunteer for being bumped?

PBQ Dec 18, 2009 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by HWGeeks (Post 13015487)
I don't think your grandparents are getting out on Sunday, see if you can get them out tomorrow.

I spent 1.5 hours on hold w/ Delta. I got them re-booked on the same flight but +1 day. CSR said all flights out of JFK and LGA were cancelled for Sunday. My family HAD three first class seats. I was told on the phone that they now have one first class and 2 exit rows but the email confirmation for the new flights says booking class M ** coach. Do I need to wait on hold another 1.5 hours to get seat assignments?
PBQ

vatraveler Dec 18, 2009 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by PBQ (Post 13015826)
I spent 1.5 hours on hold w/ Delta. I got them re-booked on the same flight but +1 day. CSR said all flights out of JFK and LGA were cancelled for Sunday. My family HAD three first class seats. I was told on the phone that they now have one first class and 2 exit rows but the email confirmation for the new flights says booking class M ** coach. Do I need to wait on hold another 1.5 hours to get seat assignments?
PBQ

I don't think the CRS was correct, unless there is a lag on dl.com. They are still selling Shuttle flights for Sunday.

lls138 Dec 18, 2009 7:26 pm

Flying JFK-MEX on AM on Sunday 12/20......called AM twice today. They don't cancel in advance or allow free changes. Bummer to have to get a taxi from Manhattan to JFK in the snow for a 9am flight only to be told there will be a 12-24 hour delay.....

should have spent the extra $100 and booked DL!

Denolloyd Dec 18, 2009 7:28 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Connecting in CVG on Sunday heading to OTP. I sure hope we are not impacted.

Winkdaddy Dec 18, 2009 8:03 pm

Delta has already canceled most ATL-LGA/JFK flights for tomm afternoon. I am sure there are many more from other locations. Its not looking good for Saturday! Which means Sunday will be a huge mess as well...