Wiki Posts
Search

X Fare?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2009, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
X Fare?

I flew a transcon yest in coach on a LUT fare. The record now shows up on DL.com and NWA.com as X/T. What does this mean? Is X an upgraded fare? Just curious.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 9:56 am

Programs: DL FO, UA Premier Silver, AA Gold, PC Gold, HH Silver, MR Silver
The X fare should be the upgrade to Business Class on DL's 752's.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:02 am
Original Poster

But I wasn't upgraded, and the flight was on a B767. Seems weird doesn't it?
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:11 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Another FTer had this problem recently and believed he was upgraded by the computer, and that the GA gave his seat away to someone else.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:13 am
KLC
In Memoriam

See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...igan-here.html

It may be worth a call to Customer Care ask for clarification and/or report the incident.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Another FTer had this problem recently and believed he was upgraded by the computer, and that the GA gave his seat away to someone else.
The posting system is a mess. I've been upgraded and it has appeared in my statement as U/Y. So who knows what is going on?
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
X is upgrade to BE... some of the 763s have BE cabins. I've had a X/T show up as well, but in my case I'm pretty sure there were no shenanigans involved as the BE cabin had been showing only 2 seats available for weeks, and I was #5 on the u/g list... I think in that case it was just a computer glitch.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:30 am

Programs: UA1k, DL
X is "Business" upgrade inventory. Has nothing to do with the equipment type.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:32 am

Programs: UA1k, DL
And to further clarify, X always equals Business, but does not always equal Business Elite.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 11:07 am
Original Poster

i just called and was told L fare class is non-upgradeable. I advised that this was a domestic flight so it was in fact upgradeable. I'm almost wondering if this was just a computer error as I was fairly near the bottom of the upgrade list.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 11:40 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by Denolloyd
And to further clarify, X always equals Business, but does not always equal Business Elite.
This is the correct response; as we all know Delta codes flight as "Business" irrespective of whether or not the flight has a BE cabin or not if the flight is part of an international itinerary where a flight of the same number continues on internationally, even if not the same equipment.

The X would denote an upgrade on a domestic route where the forward cabin has been labeled "Business."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.