Million Mile Flyer Question

Old Dec 10, 09, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Million Mile Flyer Question

Does Delta still recognize million mile flyers?

If so, do they still track this with MQM's and how long does it take them to process after the MQM balance gets to 1,000,000?

Last I knew it was pretty much just a luggage tag & lifetime SM status? Am I missing anything?

Thanks,
-tpeace
Old Dec 10, 09, 4:16 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta unvalued customer, HH Gold, CVS Red, US Mint Silver
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...ance/index.jsp

Million Miler Status
The Million Milerô Program recognizes and rewards those customers who have flown an exceptional amount with us.

Members who reach one million Medallion Qualification Miles are currently awarded complimentary annual Silver Medallion status.

Members who reach two million Medallion Qualification Miles are currently awarded complimentary annual Gold Medallion status.

Members who reach four million plus Medallion Qualification Miles are currently awarded complimentary annual Platinum Medallion status.

Every time you reach a new level of Million Miler status you will have the opportunity to choose an exclusive gift as a token of our appreciation.

Million Miler balances are based on total Medallion Qualification Miles earned over a memberís lifetime.
Old Dec 10, 09, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL GM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing
I'm wondering if maybe they'll improve it a little. With the new DM, 1MM only gets you 4th tier (SM) status plus luggage tags and a cheap gift. The benefits of MM status seem to be much greater at other carriers.
Old Dec 10, 09, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by 5khours View Post
I'm wondering if maybe they'll improve it a little. With the new DM, 1MM only gets you 4th tier (SM) status plus luggage tags and a cheap gift. The benefits of MM status seem to be much greater at other carriers.
Cheap gift? Hartman luggage costing up to $500-$600 is cheap? AA and UA provide you with NO gift.

In terms of attaining MM status, here is the order of "easiness":
AA - easiest; counts all miles; 1MM provides you with Gold (equiv of Silver Medallion)
DL and CO - tie; count MQM/EQM; 1MM provides you with Silver on both
UA - hardest; counts only UA Flight Miles; 1MM provides you with Premier Exec (equiv of Gold Medallion); and UA easily has 4 layers - Premier, Prem Exec, 1K and UGS...

Last edited by ClipperDelta; Dec 10, 09 at 4:52 pm
Old Dec 10, 09, 4:45 pm

Lifetime SM.....a little better than life without parole.
Old Dec 10, 09, 4:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta View Post
Cheap gift? Hartman luggage costing up to $500-$600 is cheap? AA and UA provide you with NO gift.

AA - easiest; counts all miles; 1MM provides you with Gold (equiv of Silver Medallion)
UA - hardest; counts only UA Flight Miles; 1MM provides you with Premier (equiv of Silver Medallion); and UA easily has 4 layers - Premier, Prem Exec, 1K and UGS...
While the luggage DL MMs get is nice enough, the individual luggage items don't cost DL what it used to and is not as good as it used to be. $500-600 retail, maybe; not wholesale.

UA 1MMs lost Premier Executive status? That would be news to me.

UA Premier Executive status is better than DL's GM status in 2010.
Old Dec 10, 09, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
While the luggage DL MMs get is nice enough, the individual luggage items don't cost DL what it used to and is not as good as it used to be. $500-600 retail, maybe; not wholesale.

UA 1MMs lost Premier Executive status? That would be news to me. .
Oops, sorry, you're right...corrected my post

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
UA Premier Executive status is better than DL's GM status in 2010.
Your (usual biased) opinion...
Old Dec 10, 09, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat

UA - hardest; counts only UA Flight Miles; 1MM provides you with Premier (equiv of Silver Medallion); and UA easily has 4 layers - Premier, Prem Exec, 1K and UGS...
UA - 1MM equals Gold status on Delta (Premiere Exec). And you get two confirmable domestic upgrades (at time of purchase) good on all fares including Hawaii, every year! And a one time gift of 3 SWU's good on most fares internationally. Took me a lot less time to get to 1MM on United than 2MM on Delta.

UA also give 1K status at 3MM.

And if UA has 4 tiers, then Delta has 5 and two of those cannot be obtained via the MM program

Delta does give a nice gift (or at least did).

Billy
Old Dec 10, 09, 5:00 pm

Oops, sorry, you're right...corrected my post

Your (usual biased) opinion...
Time stamp or not, cute revision with the "(usual biased)" opinion in your post.

A biased opinion will routinely claim something about "(usual biased) opinion" everywhere but in the mirror where it is most visible, but it doesn't much matter with different strokes for different folks.

When departing on an alliance member's flight internationally, UA 1MM-related status provides lounge access for all international flying customers even in coach while DL 1 MM and even 2MM cannot count on being provided such benefit. Then there is that whole part of the picture where DL's miles provide far lower return for customers who earn miles primarily from flying DL than UA miles earned from flying UA, and so DL's 100% mileage bonus isn't worth what UA's mileage bonus is when redeemed on issuing airline's own metal.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 10, 09 at 5:09 pm
Old Dec 10, 09, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Delta3MM View Post
UA also give 1K status at 3MM.
Is that new? There's no mention of 1K for life at 3MM:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,52380,00.html

And if UA has 4 tiers, then Delta has 5 and two of those cannot be obtained via the MM program.
You're including EP as the 5th layer, I assume?

Delta does give a nice gift (or at least did).
The luggage came back after a brief hiatus....it was available as a gift last year when I crossed 5MM....
Old Dec 10, 09, 5:18 pm

The luggage came back after a brief hiatus....it was available as a gift last year when I crossed 5MM....
But after that "brief hiatus", did this luggage come back for those who didn't get this luggage during that "brief hiatus"? Nice if it happened.
Old Dec 10, 09, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Wirelessly posted (Propel: SAMSUNG-SGH-I617/1.0 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

no longer lifetime silver, it's now "complimentary annual silver".
Old Dec 10, 09, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton, Marriot, and Melia Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
no longer lifetime silver, it's now "complimentary annual silver".
"Currently"
Old Dec 10, 09, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by tpeace View Post
Does Delta still recognize million mile flyers?

If so, do they still track this with MQM's and how long does it take them to process after the MQM balance gets to 1,000,000?

Last I knew it was pretty much just a luggage tag & lifetime SM status? Am I missing anything?

Thanks,
-tpeace

You get a Hearty High-Ho, a pat on the back, and a Hip-Hip-Hooray! See below.

UA - hardest; counts only UA Flight Miles; 1MM provides you with Premier Exec (equiv of Gold Medallion); and UA easily has 4 layers - Premier, Prem Exec, 1K and UGS...
According to this recent post, citing a DL authority, the Hartmann luggage was gone as of mid-November 2009.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12843239-post10.html

Quote "... I confirmed this with Kevin Pinto earlier this week. The Hartmann luggage choices were removed from the Million Miler gift choices due to "financial reasons" with the NW/DL merge. Apparently they wound up with a lot more Million Milers than they expected so the Tiffany gifts are all that remain."

I hope DL reverses this, as I am closing in on 2 MM. All I got for 1 MM was a leather Hartmann writing tablet folder.

Originally Posted by N231LA View Post
Lifetime SM.....a little better than life without parole.
Not "lifetime"... annual complimentary... for as long as DL finds it convenient to continue to be so magnanimous.
Old Dec 10, 09, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL PM / MM Ex UA & US Gold Starwood & Hilton Gold
When I passed the MM mark in 2004 I received a Hartman cd case ,a silver MM card and luggage tags. It appears that things have changed.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: