First Class On Regional Jet?

Old Dec 4, 09, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
First Class On Regional Jet?

Hey guys,

I just had to change my flights next week. One of my legs involves a regional jet(DTW-BDL)......boooo.

To my surprise I got an upgrade notice though! I didn't know Delta (NWA) had any regional jets with first class. It looks liek its a CRJ900 from what my research shows.

Has anyone ever flown the first class in these flights? Do you still get meal service?

Thanks for your help!
Old Dec 4, 09, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The CRJ-900s have 1x2 first class seating. It's a pretty good ride.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Del...air_CRJ900.php

What kind of meal service were you expecting on a 549 mile flight?
Old Dec 4, 09, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
It has Breakfast listed as service on the flight. I was just wondering if it was the same breakfast service you get on the bigger flights.
Old Dec 4, 09, 2:43 pm

Programs: SkyMiles PM, Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum
I think those are the jets that serve the Delta Shuttle and between LGA and MDW. I was served the turkey sandwich and drinks last May. The seats are comfortable.

Someone posted a lengthy review here on FT, with pictures, of the LGA-MDW flight.
Old Dec 4, 09, 2:45 pm

Programs: SkyMiles PM, Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum
Here's the link

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ip-report.html

Looks like a cold breakfast, mate.
Old Dec 4, 09, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
In some cases I find the FC seats on the CR900 are more comfortable than some mainline A/C FC seats. If only the rest of the RJ experience didn't apply to the 900's...
Old Dec 4, 09, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Platinum, Starwood Platinum 75, Hertz President's Circle (LOL), other random goodies
CRJ-900s

Sure, the CRJ-900s are nice and comfortable and new. The service is a little more attentive. I have not had the meal service to date. Got to say the overhead bin issues are still terrible, but so long as I have to fly regional, I might as well enjoy soft seats and free booze.
Old Dec 4, 09, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Agree with everyone on the seats and on the bin issues. I don't understand why that can't make the A side bins in F bigger. They are useless except for storing unwanted blankets. They are bigger in Y.

Originally Posted by spike9949085 View Post
It has Breakfast listed as service on the flight. I was just wondering if it was the same breakfast service you get on the bigger flights.
DTW-BDL is well under the 900 miles required to get a meal. Where are you seeing Breakfast as the meal?
Old Dec 4, 09, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ Super Plats
Originally Posted by billcash3 View Post
Sure, the CRJ-900s are nice and comfortable and new. The service is a little more attentive. I have not had the meal service to date. Got to say the overhead bin issues are still terrible, but so long as I have to fly regional, I might as well enjoy soft seats and free booze.
Not only for storing your luggage but also for smashing your head into as you crawl into the "D" seat. F on CRJ beats Y but it's hardly a "first-class" experience.
Old Dec 4, 09, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL Plat, YX Miles Exec, CO Plat, HH Gold
Fly the CRJ all the time. First class is a comfortable ride. Breakfast normally has been a bowl of fruit, cup of yogurt, bagel or croissant, and a bowl of cereal.
Old Dec 4, 09, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by 3Cforme View Post
What kind of meal service were you expecting on a 549 mile flight?
I don't know, the same full meal service that UA offers on 549 mile flights?

How does it feel being so much smarter than everyone else?
Old Dec 4, 09, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Regrets, but the sole CR9 flight DTW-BDL next week departs at 10:15AM and doesn't show breakfast service on delta.com nor nwa.com in First. This flight is both outside the breakfast departure hour and flight distance for breakfast cited here (although there are exceptions):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-thread-9.html

If you're flying after the 12th I can tell you what I was served.
Old Dec 4, 09, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Hey guys,

I just had to change my flights next week. One of my legs involves a regional jet(DTW-BDL)......boooo.

To my surprise I got an upgrade notice though! I didn't know Delta (NWA) had any regional jets with first class. It looks liek its a CRJ900 from what my research shows.

Has anyone ever flown the first class in these flights? Do you still get meal service?

Thanks for your help!
Grab 1A...you will be a fan for life.
Old Dec 4, 09, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
I have always been impressed with the level of service and comfort on the CRJ-900. I even sent a well done via dl.dum on my last flight from SFO to SLC.

Cheers
Old Dec 4, 09, 7:49 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond since inception
Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
Grab 1A...you will be a fan for life.
1A is best seat in system - rivals 73A and B in top deck of 747 as best seat in system. My favorite is 1A in either of the two commuters with first - the other is the Embraer ERJ-175.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: