Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class On Regional Jet?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2009, 6:48 pm

Location: Atlanta - DL DM - 3M+/Hyatt Globalist/Hilton Diamond/Marriott LT Gold
Another thumbs up for FC on the CRJ. A cleared upgrade with an A side seat make me smile every time. I fly ATL - HPN a lot. Now the bullpen corral waiting room in HPN.... well don't get me started.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 7:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Nothing Wrong with the Seats on CRJ-900s

I like row 1; the leg room is terrific. Seat cushions are at least as comfortable as on Delta jets.

I've been in F on Mesaba Embraer 175 jets, and they are fine too.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by EVA777
+1. I do the MEM-BOS run all the time on the E175 and I love 1A.
do they have full meal service MEM-BOS? They used to, but with DL I am not sure anymore ... have a flight early January.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by ND76
I like row 1; the leg room is terrific. Seat cushions are at least as comfortable as on Delta jets.

I've been in F on Mesaba Embraer 175 jets, and they are fine too.
Mesaba doesn't have E-175's...maybe you're talking about Compass.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Diver90
I fly ATL - HPN a lot. Now the bullpen corral waiting room in HPN.... well don't get me started.
I flew out of there quite regularly in the late 80's when the terminal was just an old quonset hut. By comparison you have it quite good.

Originally Posted by cfischer
do they have full meal service MEM-BOS? They used to, but with DL I am not sure anymore ... have a flight early January.
Yes, if it leaves at a time that would normally get you a meal. But it will not be a hot meal.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by cfischer
I have flown this flight 6 times and I love it. I was connecting to LAX in MEM and had seat 1A on the 900 every one of the 6 times. Great service, good meal (though cold) and a great ride. I PREFER this jet in FC over a 757 for a 2.5 hour flight. You will be very happy with the flight. Snag 1A!
Old Dec 6, 2009, 8:44 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by avidflyer
I have flown this flight 6 times and I love it. I was connecting to LAX in MEM and had seat 1A on the 900 every one of the 6 times. Great service, good meal (though cold) and a great ride. I PREFER this jet in FC over a 757 for a 2.5 hour flight. You will be very happy with the flight. Snag 1A!
What's so special about 1A instead of... say 2A or 3A?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Juanefny
What's so special about 1A instead of... say 2A or 3A?
The legroom at the bulkhead is virtually unlimited and these are among the very best domestic first class seats in the Delta system.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
As much as I hate any regional jet, I have had a few instances where I flew FC on a CRJ900 or an E175. The FC seats are actually not that bad.

If I close my eyes, and if I forget that I had to gate check my luggage, and if I overlook the fact that the pilot is younger than my youngest daughter, and if I forget that there probably won't be any Sun Chips, and if the sky is clear at my departure city, arrival city, and all along the route... then it almost feels like FC on a real DL jet.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
When StayingHomeIsBetter concedes that "The FC seats are actually not that bad," you know that they are very good.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by monitor
When StayingHomeIsBetter concedes that "The FC seats are actually not that bad," you know that they are very good.
Darn it... I let my guard down.

But I'll repeat my point, the seat is no good without an adequately experienced (and, for that matter, adequately rested) pilot to deliver it safely to the destination.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Darn it... I let my guard down.

But I'll repeat my point, the seat is no good without an adequately experienced (and, for that matter, adequately rested) pilot to deliver it safely to the destination.
lol
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:06 am

Programs: DL 1MM/DM, SPG Platinum, Pete's Brass Rail & Car Wash Beer Club
Originally Posted by avidflyer
Grab 1A...you will be a fan for life.

Took your advice and changed my ORD-SLC flight Tuesday to 1A and it was awesome! There was endless leg room and had a nice "foot rest" for my left foot along the cabin wall. At the SC now in SLC waiting to board another CRJ9, but had to settle for 4A this flight
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Yes the 900 is a nice ride, but I prefer the 175. Taller cabin by 4 to 5 inches (important to me as I am over 6'4") and the overhead bins on the 175 will actually fit a roll aboard.

Though, heed my warning, if the the CRJ900 is scheduled to be flown by COMAIR, expect that they will swap equipment half of the time. Yes, you book on an FC equiped plane, you clear the upgrade list, only to be told at the gate, or worse, when boarding, that the equipment was "downgraded". I've had this happen three times in the last two months, all Comair.

The real irritant, they admitted for at least one flight, they swapped because of load factor. They filled a CRJ 100 (50 seats to capacity), instead of flying the 900 with "only" 50 passengers to save one FA.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DL Platinum
Yes the 900 is a nice ride, but I prefer the 175. Taller cabin by 4 to 5 inches (important to me as I am over 6'4") and the overhead bins on the 175 will actually fit a roll aboard.

Though, heed my warning, if the the CRJ900 is scheduled to be flown by COMAIR, expect that they will swap equipment half of the time. Yes, you book on an FC equiped plane, you clear the upgrade list, only to be told at the gate, or worse, when boarding, that the equipment was "downgraded". I've had this happen three times in the last two months, all Comair.

The real irritant, they admitted for at least one flight, they swapped because of load factor. They filled a CRJ 100 (50 seats to capacity), instead of flying the 900 with "only" 50 passengers to save one FA.
But remember, DL management says that the customer service is the same... whether you are flying a RJ or flying mainline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.