Terminal 3
All Delta &
Northwest Airlines® flights

Terminal 4—Flights to:
Amsterdam
Berlin & Frankfurt
Montego Bay & Kingston
Tokyo

*First Class, Business Class, and BusinessElite® passengers as well as SkyMiles Medallion® and SkyTeam® Elite Plus members, may continue to check in at Terminal 2 for travel to all destinations.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 1:37 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
yup LAX flights aren't leaving T4 anymore
Old Dec 4, 2009, 2:05 pm

Programs: SkyMiles PM, Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum
Interesting choice to put TXL and FRA in T4. Seems like they'd be less likely to serve O&D traffic for Delta than the LAX and LHR routes, and isn't this move about easing connections at JFK? Or is it to cut down confusion for passengers on those competitive routes, LHR and LAX?

I'm getting so used to JFK's craziness that I might miss it someday.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 3:54 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by samonyc
isn't this move about easing connections at JFK? Or is it to cut down confusion for passengers on those competitive routes, LHR and LAX?
No, it's just as much about the NYC O&D LHR and LAX pax. Premium customers have gotten used to checking in at T2 and it was a pain to get on the buses to T4. Also, the landside lounge situation at T4 was a PITA.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 8:06 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PE
When does this take place? I'm going to LHR in two weeks and was planning on T4...
Old Dec 5, 2009, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
No, it's just as much about the NYC O&D LHR and LAX pax. Premium customers have gotten used to checking in at T2 and it was a pain to get on the buses to T4. Also, the landside lounge situation at T4 was a PITA.
They should have given it more time. The lounge at T4 is far superior to anything DL runs and of course the physical facility of T4 is miles and miles ahead of the shameful condition of T2 & T3. On my LAX-JFK flights I was starting to get used to the fact that I could avoid T2 & T3.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: Delta Plat
it already started when you get to JFK the signage before you even get to the terminals has changed.

whats surprising is Delta didn't send out an email like they did when they switched the flihts to T4.

I bet if you email delta they will say t4 lol
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by flyinglots
When does this take place? I'm going to LHR in two weeks and was planning on T4...
You won't need go to T4 anymore. You will stay in the same DL terminal 2/3.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA Premier Silver, AA Gold, PC Gold, HH Silver, MR Silver
I would think it makes sense to move all the European flights to T4. Not sure why the LAX flights were even at T4, especially considering they are using 752's.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by card26
I would think it makes sense to move all the European flights to T4. Not sure why the LAX flights were even at T4, especially considering they are using 752's.
There are nowhere near enough open gates for that at peak periods and the lounge situation isn't optimal, being outside of security.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA Premier Silver, AA Gold, PC Gold, HH Silver, MR Silver
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
There are nowhere near enough open gates for that at peak periods and the lounge situation isn't optimal, being outside of security.
True....I wonder what JFK is going to do with T6 now that B6 is over in T5.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.