Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

A Job Well Done (JWD) Certificates: Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2020, 3:36 am

Programs: Delta SM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Silver
I was traveling CVG-LGA-MCO-CVG last week. The LGA-MCO flight was significantly delayed because of mechanical issues, we didn't arrive into MCO until midnight. On the MCO-CVG flight back a FA stopped at my seat, confirmed my identity and apologized for the delay on my LGA flight. She said she had a flight note telling her to do that. I was really impressed with that process and her delivery.
HaleiwaFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 10:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Value of Job Well Done Certificate

Does anyone know the approximate monetary value of a Job Well Done certificate? Just curious. I know they say no cash value but if employees can redeem them for prizes, they do have value.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 11:50 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Does anyone know the approximate monetary value of a Job Well Done certificate? Just curious. I know they say no cash value but if employees can redeem them for prizes, they do have value.
There is some internal point system, I think, and I've seen it said that it has an equivalent worth of $5. It's also apparently worth a lot for performance review purposes, etc. which makes sense, because many of the employees I've given them to have reacted gushingly in a way that seems unwarranted for merely $5.

BTW this is one of those things where FT search is probably fairly poor but a Google search adding site:flyertalk.com is good for finding past threads.

How do you use your JWD certificates?

What are "My Delta Rewards" Coupons Worth?

MyDeltaRewards: What is a "Job Well Done" Certificate worth?

JWD Certificate
Old May 1, 2020, 2:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Good Day,

The Delta Employee takes the code and logs into their MyRewards portal and redeems the code given for a certain amount of points. Once the Employee has a certain amount of points, they can redeem them for merchandise and gift cards

Jwhuffman
Old May 1, 2020, 5:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When the Seattle reservations center closed, we had a small DO to recognize their employees. As part of that, there was an organized effort here on FT to acquire a bunch of JWD certs to gift to them, especially to enable people to get enough points for certain merchandize they wanted to get before leaving DL. They were extremely appreciative.

If you can find the thread for that event, you'll find some discussion of the JWD certs.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
No More Job Well Done Certificates?

I received a Platinum luggage tag Medallion envelope today. In the past, I believe the same envelope included Job Well Done "Thank You for Making My Journey Great" certificates to give to Delta employees. Is this program yet another Covid casualty?
Old Nov 2, 2020, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
I received a Platinum luggage tag Medallion envelope today. In the past, I believe the same envelope included Job Well Done "Thank You for Making My Journey Great" certificates to give to Delta employees. Is this program yet another Covid casualty?
I thought they had decided to only give to Diamonds. At least it was considered anyway.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 1:17 am

Programs: DL DM
I received mine as a PM back in January (I think) and they did include JWD certs. I hate to see those become a DM only thing... to me those never were a benefit to the medallions, but rather a great reward to the agents. I've often wondered why every Medallion didn't get them along with their "brag tags."
Old Mar 15, 2021, 12:17 pm

I'm currently on a flight with a tremendous FA, who I'd love to get a JWD cert to, but I don't have any on me. What are my options to make sure this FA gets recognized/rewarded for his/her great service?
Old Mar 15, 2021, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by eneq
I'm currently on a flight with a tremendous FA, who I'd love to get a JWD cert to, but I don't have any on me. What are my options to make sure this FA gets recognized/rewarded for his/her great service?
You can get their name and then write in via the “Compliment/Complaint” form online and identify the route, date, and flight number. Submit a compliment and in this scenario, I’ve been sure to include a statement along the lines of “If I had another JWD cert to give I would have given one to XXXX”.
Hepsaint and gooselee like this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
You can get their name and then write in via the “Compliment/Complaint” form online and identify the route, date, and flight number. Submit a compliment and in this scenario, I’ve been sure to include a statement along the lines of “If I had another JWD cert to give I would have given one to XXXX”.
+1 - And I've actually heard (probably in this thread) that doing it this way is even better for the employee than a JWD, since it arguably takes more intiative/work for the customer to go to the website and type something up vs. just handing over a piece of paper. If they can identify the employee, your compliment essentially goes into their employee record where I assume it's part of reviews for promotion, pay increase, etc.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I didn't get any JWD's in my diamond pack this year
Old Mar 16, 2021, 9:46 pm

I did not get JWD as PM. I had thought they did away with them for this year altogether--you know, COVID and all...

I usually send comments to [email protected]
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:29 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Premier,, AAdvantage Gold, InterContinental Ambassador
Platinum issued Employee appreciation

Delta provides us 2 numbered Employee Appreciation cards…I have given both away to deserving gate agents at LAX and MSP…any idea how to get extra cards? Have tried to ask the folks that respond to the Platinum number, to no avail. When I encounter excellence above and beyond, I like to recognize the Delta staff member. Anyone have ideas, or expertise?
Old Jun 22, 2021, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
You can't get more cards. Write a snailmail letter of appreciation for the employee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.