Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Toilet Paper Quality Test?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2009, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Did she take the unused paper that remained and re-roll it? Revenue management does stipulate doing that so as to reduce waste and overhead costs.
I think that we should start a new FT campaign "Save our SM TP". We don't want the Zimbabwetpification of that which we have come to rely upon. TP is good for you and good for me, and DL needs to understand that FT will always give it the straight poop.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 11:12 am

Programs: US former CP Looking for a new airline to love me
I've flown with this DL FA before. She lives in Florida, and has a very good sense of humor. She typically unrolls a TP roll far back down the aisle into coach and lets the suction in the FC cr@pper draw the whole line of TP down the aisle and into the hole. When she performed this stunt on the flight I was on, she claimed that this suck the toilet paper down stunt does not work on the planes (older model 737's?) where the cr@ppers simply flush with water as opposed to suck, like the 767's do. (TMI again?)
Sounds like the stunt does not zip like it used to (and it was quite funny to watch) with the current TP stock.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 4:34 pm

Programs: Dl PM-MMX2, AA Gold, UA Priemier, Hyatt D, Hilton D, Marriott Plat, Avis President's
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Is the toilet paper known as the Platinum Medallion/Systemwide Upgrades an example of poor or good quality toilet paper?
LOL
Old Dec 1, 2009, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
At least this test is a good sign that DL isn't planning to go completely paperless anytime soon....
Old Dec 1, 2009, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
1/4 roll of TP gone in just a few seconds video on YouTube!
Old Dec 1, 2009, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by NY-FLA
I've flown with this DL FA before. She lives in Florida, and has a very good sense of humor. She typically unrolls a TP roll far back down the aisle into coach and lets the suction in the FC cr@pper draw the whole line of TP down the aisle and into the hole. When she performed this stunt on the flight I was on, she claimed that this suck the toilet paper down stunt does not work on the planes (older model 737's?) where the cr@ppers simply flush with water as opposed to suck, like the 767's do. (TMI again?)
Sounds like the stunt does not zip like it used to (and it was quite funny to watch) with the current TP stock.
Hmm.. A fried of mine working in South Africa for a while clipped out & sent back a newspaper ad for ElectroLux vacuum cleaners: "Nothing Sucks Like ElectroLux!".

So we can conclude from this that nothing sucks like a Boeing 767?

Once the certificates are merged, she'll be able to try this on an A330-300, assuming the roll of TP is long enough to reach from row 10 to the rear lavs.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 8:35 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
I used to be acquainted with a guy who was an AA flight attendant. From the stories he told, this practice isn't limited to DL...it sounds like it wasn't uncommon on AA, particularly on red-eye flights with bored flight attendants.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 5:03 am

You mean you don't bring your own paper on the flight?
Old Dec 3, 2009, 7:34 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Is the toilet paper known as the Platinum Medallion/Systemwide Upgrades an example of poor or good quality toilet paper?
ROLF... LMAO
Old Dec 3, 2009, 7:48 am

Programs: JAL, Asia Miles
What are the analogous facilities in Arabian airlines ? Do they have a flexible hose, as they generally do in terrestrial loos ? Certainly, from my perspective at least, a jet of cold (or better, warm) water is infinitely preferable to any loo paper, no matter how superior the quality.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.