Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More thanks to Kevin Pinto

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2010, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, QR Silver, AC 50K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Add me to the list of Kevin fans. Twice now, Kevin has fixed STL based promo issues (always predicated upon my connection times from repositioning flights to STL). Kevin has always been kind, and he gets things done. In a past life, I used to manage in one of the few industries with as much customer blowback as the airline industry, and I can easily say, from my own experience managing, that Delta couldn't have a better ambassador than Kevin.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: Delta FO, UA, AA
Kevin's email address

Kevin appears to be the man I need. I have mileage problems with a PIT promotion. Haven't emailed Skymiles as I am still on the road. What is his email so I can contact him directly. Thanks
Old Oct 20, 2010, 5:04 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
I must second, third and fourth the accolades to Kevin mentioned above. Today Kevin helped us get proper credit for flights that were canceled and rebooked on another carrier. Previously, two DL reps had stated we were entitled to the original routing credit but subsequently two other DL reps stated we weren't. It's great that Kevin is available as a resource to sort out these issues.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 5:27 pm

As someone who has benefited from Kevin also, I have tried in the past to get the job-well-done certs to him. He won't take them. So if you just email him the cert# and your sm#, I highly doubt he will use it. I would also guess that any mailed to him he would give out to employees instead of keeping for himself. He's just that kind of guy.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by ltcrkm
Kevin appears to be the man I need. I have mileage problems with a PIT promotion. Haven't emailed Skymiles as I am still on the road. What is his email so I can contact him directly. Thanks

a simple search of "kevin pinto email" will work wonders for you.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by reddawngrl
As someone who has benefited from Kevin also, I have tried in the past to get the job-well-done certs to him. He won't take them. So if you just email him the cert# and your sm#, I highly doubt he will use it. I would also guess that any mailed to him he would give out to employees instead of keeping for himself. He's just that kind of guy.
Thanks for that info! Does writing e-mails/letters to Delta do anything for him?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 8:35 am

Programs: DL DM
I'm sorry, but I think this is incorrect.

(Not that he's not that kind of guy...the other part... )

I just asked him and he does indeed seem happy to receive the so-richly-deserved recognition.

I just sent him one and can't think of anyone who I'd rather give a little something back to.

By all means, please do consider sending along your code.

Originally Posted by reddawngrl
Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:31 am

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Add me to the list of those who Kevin has helped with this promotion. I am all out of job well done certificates. I'm guessing that a TTU to Delta would also work for getting him the recognition he so richly deserves.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:37 am

Kudos, great guy.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
cc: Richard Anderson

If the impressions from the recent ATL DL DO event are correct, DL Execs are saying that they value customer service and are committed to proving it in 2011.

Why not seize the opportunity to cc: Richard Anderson on any JWD kudos that we give to Kevin? If they really do read Flyertalk and start to get individual emails, maybe they'll take notice.

On the flip side, I'd hate to see Kevin promoted into a position where he can no longer be such a helpful DL insider!
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Was great to meet Kevin and chat with him for 15-20 minutes at the DO dinner last Thursday night - absolutely great guy (though I guess I can forgive him for being a Mets fan )
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
^^^ to KP. I wish every DL employee was as helpful as he. I recently emailed him for some help related to SM posting issues, something that isn't even his direct responsibility. He communicated with me until the problem was resolved. Hire more of him or give this guy a raise (in pay and responsibility).
Old Oct 29, 2010, 4:12 pm

Programs: Delta FO, UA, AA
Smile Another fan

My first contact with Kevin was outstanding. I was missing miles for the PIT promotion and tried to get the miles posted from customer service. After 7-10 days without a response I emailed Kevin with my problem. The miles were posted to my wife's and my account withing 2 minutes of sending the email.
That is pretty outstanding service.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by ltcrkm
My first contact with Kevin was outstanding. I was missing miles for the PIT promotion and tried to get the miles posted from customer service. After 7-10 days without a response I emailed Kevin with my problem. The miles were posted to my wife's and my account withing 2 minutes of sending the email.
That is pretty outstanding service.
Gosh Kevin must have been on the phone. 2 minutes is far more than usual.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 11:42 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
I also met KP at the Thr PM dinner during the FT DO. We discussed a situation and he noted that my trip should have qualified. He asked I send him an email when I got back to my hotel room.

Thr 11:30PM - email to KP sent
Fri 8:05AM - email recd from KP and SM acct updated

Thumbs up to Kevin....very personable dude, customer focused and extremely responsive. I met a ton of DL employees during the DO and Kevin ranks among the most impressive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.