Consolidated Delta Promotions Thread

Old Jul 12, 2009, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Should probably add the double miles for high fare class bonus to the sticky:
https://www.delta.com/marketing/doublemiles0709/
Thanks! I got the other "07/09" link, but missed this one.
Lest anyone think otherwise, I generally learn about it from this forum, as I am NOT targeted except in rare occasions, FO or not.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:56 pm

An edit and an addition.

The Shuttle bonus (2,500 miles per shuttle leg) is now valid through August 15, not July 26. I think it got extended. (Sidenote: It's curious that the URL for the shuttle bonus includes "shuttle_double_mqms" even though the offer is for bonus miles, not MQMs).

And the addition is almost over, but earn 1,000 SkyMiles per stay at many Starwood properties through 7/31/09.
https://www.spgpromos.com/weekends/a...KEND_PROMOTION
Old Jul 13, 2009, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by BizJet
An edit and an addition.

The Shuttle bonus (2,500 miles per shuttle leg) is now valid through August 15, not July 26. I think it got extended. (Sidenote: It's curious that the URL for the shuttle bonus includes "shuttle_double_mqms" even though the offer is for bonus miles, not MQMs).

And the addition is almost over, but earn 1,000 SkyMiles per stay at many Starwood properties through 7/31/09.
https://www.spgpromos.com/weekends/a...KEND_PROMOTION
Thanks for the help. Updated the DL link, and noted that the NW link had said 8/15/09...so I guess that was to align them. That is an excellent point on the MQMs vs. bonus miles, as at least one poster mentioned doing MRs on the shuttle for cheap extra MQMs. I've asked DL to clarify on "970632" in Deltamatic / PARS and hope DeltaWebGuy and DeltaWebDev can assist, due URL "promise" of double MQMs. A phone call to Skymiles desk says "only bonus miles", however. I hope there was not a change to this promo's T&Cs, besides the date.

Note also that the NW link T&C states: "Bonus Miles for this promotion are in addition to your regular credited flight miles and Elite tier Bonus Miles. Approximate credited flight miles can be found at http://www.nwa.com/worldperks/track/calc.shtml. Bonus Miles do not count toward Elite qualification. Bonus Miles will be posted to member’s account registered for this promotion four to six weeks after completion of qualifying travel. "
-----------------
On partner promos, I appreciate the mention as a separate post, but the page would get to long if I mentioned all - I added a couple of exceptions with extra-high, MQM, or status upgrades. I do see this promo coming up on the Shuttle bonus page as a link in a box to the right.

Last edited by flyzabit; Jul 13, 2009 at 6:33 pm
Old Jul 14, 2009, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by flyzabit
Thanks for the help. Updated the DL link, and noted that the NW link had said 8/15/09...so I guess that was to align them. That is an excellent point on the MQMs vs. bonus miles, as at least one poster mentioned doing MRs on the shuttle for cheap extra MQMs. I've asked DL to clarify on "970632" in Deltamatic / PARS and hope DeltaWebGuy and DeltaWebDev can assist, due URL "promise" of double MQMs. A phone call to Skymiles desk says "only bonus miles", however. I hope there was not a change to this promo's T&Cs, besides the date.

Note also that the NW link T&C states: "Bonus Miles for this promotion are in addition to your regular credited flight miles and Elite tier Bonus Miles. Approximate credited flight miles can be found at http://www.nwa.com/worldperks/track/calc.shtml. Bonus Miles do not count toward Elite qualification. Bonus Miles will be posted to member’s account registered for this promotion four to six weeks after completion of qualifying travel. "
-----------------
On partner promos, I appreciate the mention as a separate post, but the page would get to long if I mentioned all - I added a couple of exceptions with extra-high, MQM, or status upgrades. I do see this promo coming up on the Shuttle bonus page as a link in a box to the right.
Do you have a link to the NW promo? I'd like to read those T&C.

Also, I would assume that you would want to pass this on to the Skymiles Promo person not the web guys... I cannot remember her name but I'm sure that atldlff or Canarsie does.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WBurcham
Do you have a link to the NW promo? I'd like to read those T&C.

Also, I would assume that you would want to pass this on to the Skymiles Promo person not the web guys... I cannot remember her name but I'm sure that atldlff or Canarsie does.
Link (Also on 1st page, Item #14.A.1. (in current format):
1. DL Shuttle to 8/15/09: http://www.nwa.com/offers/deltashuttle/
Click to expand the red arrow by T&C.

I've PM'd DeltaWebGuy to talk to Loyalty. He confirms this is double flown miles as a bonus, but not double MQMs.

Last edited by flyzabit; Jul 16, 2009 at 4:48 pm
Old Jul 14, 2009, 5:53 pm

Amex Double flown Miles - MQM's?

I may have missed this, but... Regarding the Bonus Double miles for this promotion, does anyone know if the double miles are MQM's? I cant really discern from the terms...

https://www.delta.com/marketing/doub...009/index.jsp?
Old Jul 14, 2009, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by naardski
I may have missed this, but... Regarding the Bonus Double miles for this promotion, does anyone know if the double miles are MQM's? I cant really discern from the terms...

https://www.delta.com/marketing/doub...009/index.jsp?
now that i re-read the terms i don't see it spelled out, but i'd assume there are no mqms involved in this promo. double miles for any ticket class between now and 12/31 would be beyond any previous mqm promo (this year at least) and doesn't make sense in this context.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 5:06 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Is the list open to SkyMiles Dining? If so...

Double Up on Bonus Miles Register now to earn double miles on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from 7/1/09 through 9/30/09

I found no existing thread on this particular promotion and did not see it mentioned in post #1 of this thread.

Copy:
Have you been doubling your miles? Good news: you can keep it going for another 3 months-but only if you register! Register now for the Double Up On Miles Bonus so you can continue to earn double miles on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesday from 7/1/09 through 9/30/09.

HOW TO DOUBLE UP 7/1/09 - 9/30/09:

1 Make sure you register for the Double Up On Miles Bonus*.
2 Dine out on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays and earn double miles!
T&C:
Double Up On Miles Bonus Details

* This bonus offer is open to all Online and/or VIP Members. To qualify, you must register for the Double Up On Miles Bonus through the links on this page. You must be opted in and remain opted in to receive emails from SkyMiles Dining with a valid, deliverable email address. You must continue to satisfy Online or VIP Member level criteria to earn this bonus.

To earn double miles, you must dine at any participating restaurants, bars or clubs on any Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday through September 30, 2009. Dines on all other days of the week will not count toward the Double Up On Miles Bonus. In addition, all dines must occur during a valid reward period and be paid for with a credit or debit card registered in SkyMiles Dining. There is no maximum number of miles that can be earned with this bonus. This bonus is combinable with other SkyMiles Dining bonuses. You will only earn double miles on the amount of your dine (tax and tip included) - not on mileage awards related to other SkyMiles Dining bonuses. Please allow 4-6 weeks after you dine for any miles to post to your SkyMiles account. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by November 30, 2009.

Please note that some restaurants offer rewards only on certain days of the week or up to a maximum spending amount per month. For complete program Terms and Conditions, guidelines and restrictions, and the latest rewards calendar, visit skymiles.rewardsnetwork.com. Other limitations may apply.

All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skymiles. Delta, SkyMiles and the Delta logo are registered service marks of Delta Air Lines, Inc. Delta is not responsible for goods or services offered by Rewards Network or any restaurant participating in this promotion. Participating restaurants are subject to change. Additional restrictions may apply. Offer subject to change. If you have any questions or need assistance, email [email protected] or call SkyMiles Dining Member Services at 1-800-818-8339.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 5:31 am

Great job on the consolidated promos sticky!!!

Some notes: under Current Delta Promotions

5. New International Routes - the link you have for the thread is actually the same link to the marketing copy at delta.com. The thread link should be: Get Up to 50,000 Bonus Miles on New International Routes

8. The threads on the Avis promos are as follows:
MUAA088: DL forum 5,000 DL miles for 2 day Avis rentals, or Drive away with Avis and 25,000 bonus miles Avis forum 5,000 DL miles for 2day rental
MUAA132 & 133: Earn up to 5,000 Bonus Miles with Avis
The link for promo MUAA135 has a typo. "ww" instead of "www". I could find no thread in either the DL forum or the Avis forum for this coupon code.

9. The thread for the Wyndham promo can be found here: 10K miles for 3 stays
Old Jul 15, 2009, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Evan!
Some notes: under Current Delta Promotions

5. New International Routes - the link you have for the thread is actually the same link to the marketing copy at delta.com. The thread link should be: Get Up to 50,000 Bonus Miles on New International Routes

8. The threads on the Avis promos are as follows:
MUAA088: DL forum 5,000 DL miles for 2 day Avis rentals, or Drive away with Avis and 25,000 bonus miles Avis forum 5,000 DL miles for 2day rental
MUAA132 & 133: Earn up to 5,000 Bonus Miles with Avis
The link for promo MUAA135 has a typo. "ww" instead of "www". I could find no thread in either the DL forum or the Avis forum for this coupon code.

9. The thread for the Wyndham promo can be found here: 10K miles for 3 stays
Thanks for the help, Evan!
As I've noted, I won't be listing many partner promos that can be easily found on DL or partner website. My exceptions are those that offer a significant mileage bonus (5K-10K with minimal effort, not 1K), or "actual non-flying MQMs" (e.g. current Hilton/MQM) , or are status upgrades (e.g. Starwood/NW WP - targeted). I just don't have room. If only coming by email, or only mentioned (or in controversy) on on FT, then I'll post the FT link.
-- I'll also encourage posting just the link and short summary/title, and not the entire details, as the reader can read the T&Cs there. Otherwise, a new thread can be started for a particular promo, and I'll list/link it here.

Also, I intend to use the DL or NW links, not the flyertalk forum links. If you are on Flyertalk, you can search for the thread. However, Delta makes it VERY difficult to find their promotions, and a constant post is "What is the link to register?". That was actually why I put this thread together: To have all of those promos from DL listed, with their link, in one consolidated place (and for NW as it merges).

Last edited by flyzabit; Jul 15, 2009 at 10:15 am
Old Jul 16, 2009, 12:29 am

i was just thinking another great piece of info to include with each promo would be the expected post date for the resulting miles based on the t&c's.

for example, the "keep a good thing going" 10/100k promo says 4-6 weeks after 12/31/09, making the post-by date 2/11/10.

or the delta amex double bonus (https://www.deltaamexcard.com/DoubleMiles/) says 8-12 weeks from 12/31/09, for a post-by date of 3/25/10.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I hope we see a match to the UA worldwide award sale for saver awards (North America 20K, Hawaii 30K, Central America and Caribbean 25K, Asia 50K, etc., good Aug. 18-Nov. 18).
Old Jul 16, 2009, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by decibel08
i was just thinking another great piece of info to include with each promo would be the expected post date for the resulting miles based on the t&c's.

for example, the "keep a good thing going" 10/100k promo says 4-6 weeks after 12/31/09, making the post-by date 2/11/10.

or the delta amex double bonus (https://www.deltaamexcard.com/DoubleMiles/) says 8-12 weeks from 12/31/09, for a post-by date of 3/25/10.
Actually the copy at the bottom of the link you provide reads "Bonus miles will be posted to your Delta SkyMiles® account 8 to 12 weeks after the end of each month." (bolding mine)

Last edited by Evan!; Jul 16, 2009 at 6:07 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 16, 2009, 7:31 am

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Actually the copy at the bottom of the link you provide reads "Bonus miles will be posted to your Delta SkyMiles® account 8 to 12 weeks after the end of each month." (bolding mine)
As a data point, I just had the Amex cardholder double miles bonus post within a few hours of my flights yesterday. They posted as RDM and not MQM.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 3:58 pm

a ha! even more reason to have these dates spelled out in the sticky.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.