Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delay in receiving Plat Medallion Credentials?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2009, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Entry level on most others

Does it really take more than 8 weeks to receive Plat Med package? I've called and emailed and the CSRs aren't helpful at all. They say that they will have it sent again. What I am really nervous about is receiving PMUs in time for a trip in 2 weeks to London. Trip is booked (in M class) and BE seats are reserved based on the expectation that these things will finally arrive! DL CSR assured me that I can use miles for the upgrades if the certs don't come in. However, I'm trying to save up miles for a family vacation in 2010. Ideas?
Old Nov 12, 2009, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
No ideas, but I've been plat for almost a month now and still no credentials, so you're not alone
Old Nov 12, 2009, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA 2P, Delta PM, HH Gold VIP
I am also in this situation. Went Platinum October 6th, still waiting for my PMU's for an upcoming trip. I will let you know when i receive my package.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 10:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Medallion, AA Executive Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP
I made Platinum on Sept 15th and my roommate made Silver around the same period. Neither of us have received our credentials either. Another one of Delta's bloopers. I recall with NWA it took approximately three weeks to get my Silver and Gold cards.

I have called Delta and NWA a number of times and all they can do is "send in another request for the card" however in the span of 2 months, 3 calls, and 3 requests, still nothing. I know a piece of plastic doesn't take weeks to print. A credit card arrives in 2 weeks max...

If they wanted to/had to, it could be delivered much quicker for sure... or in this case, delivered within a decent time frame.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:18 pm

Programs: Delta 1M, SM Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I hit Plat with the merge and have not gotten my mailing yet.

I sent a TTU back in early October and was told 6 weeks...
Old Nov 14, 2009, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA CK & Hyatt Globalist
I requalified in June for PM but still have not recieved the credentials. I am very close to Diamond so I'm nit sure if that's affecting it (even though I won't technically be Diamond till April 2010)
Old Nov 14, 2009, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Newly qualified back in the beginning of July. Started phoning at the end of August when they hadn't arrived, and then about every 3-4 weeks thereafter. Every time, the same excuse, that they'd have to be resent and I should wait another two weeks. They must have resent that thing three times by now.

When I called on Nov 6, I was told there was a glitch in processing that resulted in a massive number of them not being sent out, and that it was being remedied. FWIW.

Just like you, OP, waiting on those PMUs. Sent a scathing email after the latest dose of shenanigans from the phone reps.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 12:20 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta DM 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Elite VIP, Accor Gold
Same situation. I hit Platinum in September, and my credentials have yet to arrive. Similar responses from the CSRs.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 12:52 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
so. i cant use my credential for my KE flight.

delta is so annoying.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Entry level on most others
Reply from Delta!

After two calls and three emails to Delta, I finally got a response. I was told that I would not have to use miles to upgrade for my flights if the certificates do not arrive. I was told to email them back if the package hasn't arrived by the day before my flight. Still a little nervous about all of this at the last minute, but it's promising!
Old Nov 20, 2009, 12:41 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Originally Posted by flyerboi17
I requalified in June for PM but still have not recieved the credentials. I am very close to Diamond so I'm nit sure if that's affecting it (even though I won't technically be Diamond till April 2010)
If you requalify for PM in 2009 for 2010 (meaning that you qualified for 2009 PM in 2008), you will not get credentials until 2010. Only newly minted PMs get their 2010 credentials early, though the merger may have created some problems with this.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL PM Reserve
Originally Posted by pbd456
so. i cant use my credential for my KE flight.

delta is so annoying.
I just flew KE while Gold with my DL number included in my KE itinerary, and my boarding passes all had "Sky Team Elite" with my DL# on them.

I would think your BP will have "Sky Team Elite Plus" on them, giving you access to the lounge in Seoul, if that's what you're wondering about.

I didn't hit PM until after getting back to ATL, so I can't confirm, and sadly wasn't able to visit the KE lounge during my 4 hour layover in Korea.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by td777
I just flew KE while Gold with my DL number included in my KE itinerary, and my boarding passes all had "Sky Team Elite" with my DL# on them.

I would think your BP will have "Sky Team Elite Plus" on them, giving you access to the lounge in Seoul, if that's what you're wondering about.

I didn't hit PM until after getting back to ATL, so I can't confirm, and sadly wasn't able to visit the KE lounge during my 4 hour layover in Korea.
Yes as a PM you will be skyteam elite plus and have access to international lounges no matter what class you are flying.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 3:56 pm

Programs: Delta platinum, Marriott platinum
I am 6-7,000 miles from platinum and can get there by charging dollars to reach the spending level that would trigger 10,000 more mqm, or doing a mileage run. Reading the above posts makes me think achieving platinum may trigger more aggravation than the additional benefits are worth/maybe I just take the rollover mqms?
Old Nov 22, 2009, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM (not for long)
Still haven't gotten mine I called two weeks ago to complain, they said they'd send out another, no dice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.