Wiki Posts
Search

90 day complimentary SILVER

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2013, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM | US PP | Hilton Gold
90 day complimentary SILVER

I'm moving from US Air to Delta and enrolled in the 90 day trial.

I also registered for the DOUBLE MQM & BONUS MILES FROM LAX-SEA. Will they honor those double miles towards my silver trial status?

Thanks.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 3:59 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
My guess is yes, I can't imagine why they wouldn't, but... Perhaps you should read the terms and conditions of your trial, maybe it will clarify.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I would be shocked if they had a way to weed out an MQM bonus like this...MQM bonuses are very rare, so I doubt there is anything setup to differentiate bonus MQM's from regular ones. The only differentiation I've ever seen are for rollover miles.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - I would read the t&c of the specific offer you accepted. What people guess at and shocks them, may or may not be the case. But, if you rely on something which isn't, you'll be a DL Kettle on the 91st day.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

I guess we can scratch my OP. I was not eligible for the "90 day trial" ...

Anybody willing to donate me a status trial or something? I know with US Air they have that as a perk but not too familiar with Delta yet. I begin my travels on Jan 15th.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
the Double MQM will apply to LAX-SEA flights thru 31Oct as long as you book by 31Dec
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL GM
Sorry, but DL doesn't offer "complimentary" or "trial" status.

There is only a "status match challenge" for new customers that already have comparable status on specific airlines and are willing to commit/prove a specific amount of travel during the challenge period. Right now US Airways doesn't appear to be on Delta's list.

More info here: http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...challenge.html
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

I wonder, with the merger, if they will treat US like AA as it is listed on their website.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL GM
I expect it'll eventually happen. Similar to how DL recognized the CO/UA merger.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:53 pm

I have also received a 90 day trial for Silver Medallion.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
What are the requirement within the 90 days for Silver ? Honestly it can't be a whole lot because Silver has such low requirements as it is. Seems anyone flying on business could easily earn silver.

Simply, Silver on DL does not get you much, so I'm kinda surprised that this challenge would be all that worthwhile. Now Gold or above, I can understand.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 3:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Surprised AS isn't on this list yet...
Old Dec 28, 2013, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ledfish
What are the requirement within the 90 days for Silver ? Honestly it can't be a whole lot because Silver has such low requirements as it is. Seems anyone flying on business could easily earn silver.

Simply, Silver on DL does not get you much, so I'm kinda surprised that this challenge would be all that worthwhile. Now Gold or above, I can understand.
Requirements are listed right on the web page referenced above -- http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...challenge.html

Assuming the poster actually registered for the challenge and this is not some sort of gifted trial thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.