Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2009, 11:20 am

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by adamsto
ok, but how to understand that :

"The cost of a 30-Day Membership may be credited within 60 days of expiration toward the cost of an annual or three-year* membership."

and finally there is a * with explanation:
"*To take advantage of this offer, the annual or three-year membership must be purchased in person at any Delta Sky Club location. This offer is not available for purchase online. This offer is not retroactive and cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, discount or frequent flyer program Award."

....so that is a kind of combined offer ? I have to order annual or 3 years as well ?

https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ules/index.jsp

thanks for your help and explanation - because I lost

thx and wishes from Poland
This is an EXCELLENT deal. I've used it twice for short bursts of travel with family (incl mother-in-law). I can verify that you can apply the value to a later 1-year or 3-year membership within 60 days after buying it online via Delta.com (which is new, since it used to be purchased only in person at NW, in its previous form). You will get an email reminding you of this about 1 month before. CAVEAT: PRINT OUT AND HANG ON TO YOUR RECEIPT WHEN PURCHASED ONLINE!!!

See this post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...p-nwa-com.html for a longer commentary on this 30-day pass.

Just having the P-Club or SkyClub staff fix problems with your itinerary (while you send your spouse off to get you beverages) is WELL WORTH IT and has saved trips each time I have had the pass, especially for international travel.

I also suggest it to Club and Customer Service staff anytime a passenger has an extraordinary delay. It works wonders.

Last edited by flyzabit; Jul 10, 2009 at 12:26 pm
Old Jul 10, 2009, 12:11 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I use to buy the 30 day passes a lot. But they became useless and a waste of money to me on my JFK, LAX and SFO flights.

I got upgraded 99% of the time so I would get access to the club room anyway.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
I use to buy the 30 day passes a lot. But they became useless and a waste of money to me on my JFK, LAX and SFO flights.

I got upgraded 99% of the time so I would get access to the club room anyway.
I was unaware of this.

If we're upgraded - and get a confirming email - we can access SkyClubs?
Old Jul 10, 2009, 12:21 pm

Only if you are going leaving or going to JFK from the west coast

You don't even need the email just your boarding pass with your seat assignment.

https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ions/index.jsp

Same day travel on a nonstop Delta flight between: JFK to/from Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Portland, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle, and San Francisco.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I asked about a day pass and was told they are only good in in US but was told the 30 and 60 (or was it 90?) day passes are just like the "real thing" and would be valid at the KLM lounges in AMS.

I will of course double check this before I spring -- I might be willing to attempt battle with the KLM lounge dragons but She would probably walk away (thereby wasting my $90 )
Didnt even know there was a 60 or 90 day pass!!??

Im waiting on me new Priority Pass card to arrive, but in the meantime I have several DL/NW flights and need access to the lounge. Will probably visit 7-8 times so am considering the 30 day pass. Cant find passes for longer lengths though. Does anyone know if the TENPCNT09 code works for this for an additional $9 off. Will I have to pay the initiation fee for this pass?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 3:24 pm

When I bought my 30 day pass which turned out being a waste of money as I got upgraded on my flights prior to getting to my gate and I could of used the club anyway, the 10% off coupon wasn't valid.

You can use the pass at any delta affiliated club you don't even need the pass, just give them your delta boarding pass and tell them your on a 30 day pass it's marked on your account. I was able to get into the SFO one and the JFK one with out the freaken card because it was liste don my account. I was also able to use the Oasis club in Term 4 which isn't delta owned with out the card.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
I was also able to use the Oasis club in Term 4 which isn't delta owned with out the card.
This is a big plus!! This is one of my favorite lounges.

But, what if you're not flying DL...shouldnt you be able to use the SkyClub if you have airside access to a club? I guess in that instance you show your paper card, right? I wonder if agents treat this as a true membership for the month.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA GS
I am in Y flying out on DL and home on AF via CDG. My question is: can I (and my traveling companion on same PNR) access the AF lounge in CDG (flying AF on from CDG) with this 30 day pass?

Thx!
Old Jul 14, 2009, 6:48 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I do know that the 30 day pass is valid with KLM. The big lounge in AMS is among the best anywhere. Well worth the price of 30 day pass.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:16 am

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
does anyone know for sure who qualifies as 'immediate family' for lounge access with a sky club membership/30-day pass? i'm trying to figure out if i can bring my wife + mom + dad in with me.

also, does anyone know if a membership or 30-day pass will get me and my wife into the AF lounge in CDG?
Old Jul 15, 2009, 8:01 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by trek87
does anyone know for sure who qualifies as 'immediate family' for lounge access with a sky club membership/30-day pass? i'm trying to figure out if i can bring my wife + mom + dad in with me.

also, does anyone know if a membership or 30-day pass will get me and my wife into the AF lounge in CDG?
STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT -- except what to do about the 4th person! It is for you and up to two guests and/or immediate family members = 3 people. It does NOT have to be the same guests on each visit and/or trip. The trial membership is in only your name. The other guests have to be with you, of course, to get in. Suggest for $90 that your wife get a trial membership as well (or one of your parents, if one of them travels a lot.)
Old Jul 15, 2009, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by jfdnyc1981
I am in Y flying out on DL and home on AF via CDG. My question is: can I (and my traveling companion on same PNR) access the AF lounge in CDG (flying AF on from CDG) with this 30 day pass?

Thx!
Yes, and it's a very nice facility.. Terminal 2E, take a left past security and look for an elevator.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by BNA-WNFan
Yes, and it's a very nice facility.. Terminal 2E, take a left past security and look for an elevator.
Are you positive? I called Delta International Travel and spoke to agent who checked and said since I am not on a Delta flight or have any status or in C, the Sky Club membership would not work. I was a little confused because there is not a Sky Club in CDG but the AF lounge. So if I can get into the AF lounge with the pass, I wil def. buy it!
Old Jul 16, 2009, 8:32 am

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by jfdnyc1981
Are you positive? I called Delta International Travel and spoke to agent who checked and said since I am not on a Delta flight or have any status or in C, the Sky Club membership would not work. I was a little confused because there is not a Sky Club in CDG but the AF lounge. So if I can get into the AF lounge with the pass, I wil def. buy it!
according to the DL webpage:

"30-day membership: Membership applies only to Delta, Northwest, and Continental facilities, as well as the Air France Lounge in Paris (located on concourse 2E - On the left after Passport Control – Downstairs) and the KLM operated lounge in Amsterdam."
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by trek87
according to the DL webpage:

"30-day membership: Membership applies only to Delta, Northwest, and Continental facilities, as well as the Air France Lounge in Paris (located on concourse 2E - On the left after Passport Control – Downstairs) and the KLM operated lounge in Amsterdam."
Thanks, I read that also, but was confused by the agent's information. I have a 4 hour lay-over in CDG between my Air France flights and the lounge would be a great help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.