Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page > 30-day Delta Sky Club Membership No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread

30-day Delta Sky Club Membership No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread

Old Jul 17, 09, 11:38 am

Programs: DL PM, National, Hertz, HH
Originally Posted by jfdnyc1981 View Post
Thanks, I read that also, but was confused by the agent's information. I have a 4 hour lay-over in CDG between my Air France flights and the lounge would be a great help!
Just keep in mind that you'll probably only be permitted one guest at the 2E AF lounge with a 30-day passs.
Old Jul 19, 09, 4:11 am

Question Sky Club Membership

Hey there everyone, I've got a couple questions about the Sky Club 30 day membership; I appreciate everyone's answers in advance!

My fiancee and I are traveling in United F to Hawaii for our honeymoon in November. Our routing is 11/18: DFW-SFO-LAX-LIH / 11-25 (redeye) LIH-LAX, 11-26 LAX-ORD-DFW (yes I know kind of lengthy and complicated but I'm milking EQM and NF). I'm not a member of any airline's or alliance's club since I usually travel solo and came across the 30 day membership option for the Delta Sky Club. We are going to have quite a bit of time on the ground at every layover and certainly long enough to justify spending it in a lounge (at least for her hah).

In regard to the 30 day membership, the "Locations" Sky Club page on delta.com states:
"Membership applies only to Delta, Northwest, and Continental facilities, as well as the Air France Lounge in Paris (located on concourse 2E - On the left after Passport Control – Downstairs) and the KLM operated lounge in Amsterdam...[Number of Guests] Two or immediate family"

Does anybody have experience with the 30 day membership and can tell me how accurate these statements are in particular the statement regarding the Continental President's Club as we will be unable to access an actual Sky Club at LAX but will have access to Continental's lounge (T6-8 is UAL I believe and there's a President's Club in T6). Also, does anyone know if these lounges will be open on Thanksgiving Day as this is when we're traveling home.

Cheers!

Last edited by AerOklahoma; Jul 19, 09 at 4:53 am
Old Jul 19, 09, 5:56 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
I may be wrong, but I thought one of the "byproducts" of the recent break up with CO was that the Sky Club cards no longer got you into the President's Club on the CO side of the airport.

While I can't speak for your lounges, I can say that I travel every year on Thanksgiving and the Sky Clubs have been open in the airports I go to.
Old Jul 19, 09, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, SPG Plat
CO will have left SkyTeam by Tlate October. I, for one, wouldn't expect general lounge access agreements to continue between DL and CO.
Old Jul 19, 09, 6:40 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
The T6-T5 tunnel has reopened at LAX. (I am told) so you can go airside to T6 from T7 and then walk to T5 and the SkyClub.

SFO's SkyClub is outside "security".

The DFW DL SkyClub is in Terminal E but your UA flights depart/arrive at B.

Lounges often operate at restricted hours (closing early) on certain holidays. Call DL for more details.

Congratulations.

Last edited by Spiff; Jul 19, 09 at 11:14 am Reason: thank you flyAUO!
Old Jul 19, 09, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Spiff pretty much covered it. If you have the time to walk the tunnels of LAX and clear security at SFO, I'd go for the membership and enjoy the trip.
Old Jul 19, 09, 10:09 am

Programs: DL GM, DSC, IC Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
The DFW DL SkyClub is in Terminal E and that is also where you UA flights depart/arrive.
UA operates out of Terminal B, while the SkyClub is in Terminal E in DFW.

Just allow a 10 minute SkyLink ride and you'll be fine.
Old Jul 19, 09, 10:31 am
2017 FT Secret Santa

Programs: Former Delta Plat., Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
The T6-T5 tunnel has reopened at LAX. (I am told) so you can go airside to T6 from T7 and then walk to T5 and the SkyClub.

SFO's SkyClub is outside "security".

The DFW DL SkyClub is in Terminal E and that is also where you UA flights depart/arrive.

Lounges often operate at restricted hours (closing early) on certain holidays. Call DL for more details.

Congratulations.
Yup the tunnels are open.
Old Jul 19, 09, 11:13 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by flyAUO View Post
UA operates out of Terminal B, while the SkyClub is in Terminal E in DFW.

My apologies! (I don't fly UA). B to E is indeed about a 10 min ride on the Skylink, each way.

Thank you.
Old Jul 19, 09, 2:04 pm

Thumbs up Thanks for all the information, but a couple more questions!

Thanks for all the information!!

I guess I've been out of the loop in regards to the SkyTeam break up as most of my travel is on UA! All of the replies contain very useful information!

SFO's SkyClub is outside "security"
I've been looking at the lounge locations in relation to United's gates at all of the airports, and the only one I am worried about is SFO simply because it's on the other side of the airport and outside of security.

I meant to say that we would be in T6-7 as we're not traveling on UAX so no T8. If the tunnel from T6-T5 is indeed open at 5am then we can make our way over to the T5 lounge as we have about four hours at LAX on the way home (no NF availability on the earliest flight out).

Does anyone know if the tunnel will be open this early in the morning, and if it's not would the TSA let us through security into T5 with a UA BP?

The DFW DL SkyClub is in Terminal E but your UA flights depart/arrive at B.
Originally Posted by flyAUO View Post
This is exactly what we were planning on doing anyway!

Originally Posted by AndyTLe View Post
...I'd go for the membership and enjoy the trip.
We have enough time to kill, so I think this is exactly what we're going to do!!

Congratulations.
Thank you so much!! This is a long time coming as we've had to rescheduled a few times due to a severe injury I sustained and let me tell you.... we're both ready! I can't wait to get this done so we can start our life together!!

Alrighty! Can anyone shed some light as to what we can expect in the SkyClub Lounges at DFW, SFO (perhaps), LAX and ORD (probably the NW lounge as the DL is very far away)? Also, if anyone happens to know the holiday hours of the lounges at LAX, ORD, and DFW it would be greatly appreciated! If not, no biggie!

Again, I greatly appreciate everyone's fast replies!!

Cheers!

Last edited by AerOklahoma; Jul 19, 09 at 2:19 pm
Old Jul 19, 09, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat, IHG Rewards Plat, Choice Priv Gld, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1 View Post
I may be wrong, but I thought one of the "byproducts" of the recent break up with CO was that the Sky Club cards no longer got you into the President's Club on the CO side of the airport.

While I can't speak for your lounges, I can say that I travel every year on Thanksgiving and the Sky Clubs have been open in the airports I go to.
I've used a Skyclub card to get into the PC lounge with no problem. However, when I noticed that the Vegas PC wasn't on the Dl.com list I called to verify access. They specifically asked if I had a NW card but said it would be OK to bring a Skyclub card when I asked for clarification with a NW number on it.

However, all PC clubs I've visited in recent months have told me that access for us ends in Oct when their separation from Skyteam is official. Until then they will be starting to allow UA RC members so PCs will be a strange mix over the next few months.
Old Jul 19, 09, 4:05 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pmaddock View Post
I've used a Skyclub card to get into the PC lounge with no problem. However, when I noticed that the Vegas PC wasn't on the Dl.com list I called to verify access. They specifically asked if I had a NW card but said it would be OK to bring a Skyclub card when I asked for clarification with a NW number on it.

However, all PC clubs I've visited in recent months have told me that access for us ends in Oct when their separation from Skyteam is official. Until then they will be starting to allow UA RC members so PCs will be a strange mix over the next few months.
The only CO PC that currently admits UA RCC memnbers is LAS. That will not change until after 10/25. This was a special agreement between CO and UA. In exchange Co PC members can access the RCCs in PHX and SNA.
Old Jul 19, 09, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, UA Gold, US Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by CObigtimefan View Post
Don't quote me 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure:

1) Right away, when your purchase it online
2) It will only be valid for DL, NW, and CO lounges
3) No card is issued. The "card" will be issued on your computer in which you'll print out.

Hope this helps.
With the 30 day membership, does your boarding pass reflect Sky Club Membership like the full membership does or do you have to carry the printed out card? Thanks!
Old Jul 20, 09, 6:06 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, DL Gold, UA Premier
30-day Sky Club membership

Has anyone managed to finagle entrance into a Continental lounge using a 30-day Sky Club membership when they were flying CO? I ask because next week I will be flying from RDU to LAX on Continental, with a layover in IAH, a Sky Club-free zone.

The NWA page about the 30-day membership reads:
Delta Sky Club 30-Day Membership is valid at all Delta Sky Club locations worldwide, as well as the Air France Lounge in Paris (located on concourse 2E - On the left after Passport Control – Downstairs) and the KLM operated lounge in Amsterdam, with the use of the temporary membership card. (Access to partner lounges is not permitted.)

while Delta's paragraph on 30-day memberships says:
Membership applies only to Delta, Northwest, and Continental facilities, as well as the Air France Lounge in Paris (located on concourse 2E - On the left after Passport Control – Downstairs) and the KLM operated lounge in Amsterdam.

They seem to contradict each other as to whether 30-day members can access Continental lounges.

Similarly, you think someone who is flying Delta in and out of Zurich with a 30-day pass can sneak himself into the Air France lounge there?

Thanks,
Jared

Last edited by pdxdtw; Jul 20, 09 at 6:29 pm Reason: Added details and question
Old Jul 20, 09, 6:32 pm

Programs: Lowest-level elite: AA, UA, B6, 2V; SPG/MR Plat; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat; formerly others
Originally Posted by pdxdtw View Post
Has anyone managed to finagle entrance into a Continental lounge using a 30-day Sky Club membership when they were flying CO? The reason I ask is that next week I will be flying from RDU to LAX on Continental, with a 2 hr 15 min layover in IAH, a Sky Club-free zone.

The NWA page about the 30-day membership reads:
Delta Sky Club 30-Day Membership is valid at all Delta Sky Club locations worldwide, as well as the Air France Lounge in Paris (located on concourse 2E - On the left after Passport Control Downstairs) and the KLM operated lounge in Amsterdam, with the use of the temporary membership card. (Access to partner lounges is not permitted.)

while Delta's paragraph on 30-day memberships says:
Membership applies only to Delta, Northwest, and Continental facilities, as well as the Air France Lounge in Paris (located on concourse 2E - On the left after Passport Control Downstairs) and the KLM operated lounge in Amsterdam.

They seem to contradict each other as to whether 30-day members can access Continental lounges.

Similarly, you think someone who is flying Delta in and out of Zurich with a 30-day pass can sneak himself into the Air France lounge there?

Thanks,
Jared
In the good ol' days (pre-merger), the 30- and (then) 60- day memberships offered all the benefits of an annual WorldClubs membership, so yes, you could enter partner lounges with it so long as you had first picked up your card from an NW-operated WorldClub. I'm not sure the memo has gotten around that this has changed (some WorldClub staff I've talked to recently think it still operates this way), so you might get lucky.

Search this Thread