Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread

30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread

Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by faceboy
I have seen people posted in this and other threads about issues accessing partner lounges even with the temporary card. I am currently typing this from the Salon Lounge at CDG which I had access to with no issues. I also use the card at the Air France IAD lounge. At IAD the check in person first denied me access but a coworker told her the card was valid and should be accepted before I had to question her reasoning.

*Please note that the back of the temporary card says "not valid at partner lounges." Not sure why it is there as the website clearly states the 30 days membership have partner lounge access.

Hopefully anyone nervous about purchasing as I was won't be anymore.
I would assume the issue with the printouts is that the partner lounges don't have anyway to scan and electronically verify them and it would be trivially easy to fabricate a pass. Not sure I would rely on your experiences.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
I don't see the 30-day pass online anymore.
Can anyone confirm that it is still available for purchase at the clubs themselves? I have a friend's family that wants to try it on an international trip.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:06 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

I want to buy a 30 day pass for an upcoming trip in Feb, hope that option will still be available...

As for partner lounges the form states:

The 30-day membership grants access to all Delta Sky Clubs and Alaska Board Rooms, as well as select Air France and KLM Lounges with the use of the temporary membership card. (At partner lounges, guest access is subject to the policies of each lounge partner. Delta Sky Club cannot guarantee guest entry at partner lounge locations.)

So, AS and AF/KL lounges are ok, the rest will be a hit or miss.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
30-day Delta Sky Club Membership: The Definitive Thread

As mentioned in another post, the 30 day membership is no longer available.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by suvayanr
That sucks Any way to get lounge access for three people for two separate days [i.e. Fri and Mon] at reasonable price?

No AMEX cards or DL status.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by golfingboy
That sucks Any way to get lounge access for three people for two separate days [i.e. Fri and Mon] at reasonable price?

With the amount you'd likely spend for lounge access, you could probably get a nice meal (or at least decent) and drinks for less.

Also as you posted, it says select AF and KL lounges, not necessarily all of them.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by rwoman
With the amount you'd likely spend for lounge access, you could probably get a nice meal (or at least decent) and drinks for less.

Also as you posted, it says select AF and KL lounges, not necessarily all of them.
Yeah I guess, main reason we wanted access was for showers. We are flying a red eye then a transcon immediately afterwards.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Yeah I guess, main reason we wanted access was for showers. We are flying a red eye then a transcon immediately afterwards.
There are more ideas of what is available/possible if you give us information like airline, airports of the trip and what you would need/want/like.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by tentseller
There are more ideas of what is available/possible if you give us information like airline, airports of the trip and what you would need/want/like.
All on DL metal:

PIT-ATL-SFO-HNL
HNL-SEA-ATL-PIT

ATL- Tight connection, no time to do anything in the airport
SFO- 1.5 hours layover
SEA- 2.75 hours layover
ATL- 2 hours layover

Plus HNL on the return, maybe an hour to hour and half.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Maybe an one day pass on the return? You will get access at HNL, SEA and ATL.

However shower are available first come first served.

Make sure that you are buying a one day pass which includes journeys overnight/redeye. Get your one day pass back to use at your other layovers. The other version is a single visit.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I have a trip in F (paid) WAS-HNL (5 total segments) and was looking for a way to get myself and two kids (12 & 14) into a SC. I read on the skyclub rules section that for a one day pass, all family over 2 YO need their own pass, fine, got that

I then go to the link that was shown below on 30 day passes and it leads one to believe that basic SC rules (which allow family members in as guests) apply.

Am I wrong?

I want to buy a 30 day pass for an upcoming trip in Feb, hope that option will still be available...

As for partner lounges the form states:

The 30-day membership grants access to all Delta Sky Clubs and Alaska Board Rooms, as well as select Air France and KLM Lounges with the use of the temporary membership card. (At partner lounges, guest access is subject to the policies of each lounge partner. Delta Sky Club cannot guarantee guest entry at partner lounge locations.)

So, AS and AF/KL lounges are ok, the rest will be a hit or miss.
From this post, it specifically states that DSC can not guarantee guest access but this makes me infer that you can have guests on a 30 day pass at SC's.. you would think if they did not allow it, it would be specified that SC's don't allow guests either

this is everything that I found on 30 day SC passes moments ago on the DL website [="https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/airports-and-aircraft/delta-sky-club/house-rules.html"]here[/url]

30-Day Membership

Membership is valid for 30 consecutive days from the date of purchase.

The cost of a 30-Day Membership may be credited within 60 days of expiration toward the cost of an annual* membership.

The 30-Day membership grants access to all to Delta Sky Club locations, and Alaska Board Rooms as well as select Air France and KLM operated lounges with the use of the temporary membership card. (At partner lounges, guest access is subject to the policies of each lounge partner. Delta Sky Club cannot guarantee guest entry at partner lounge locations.)

A temporary membership card will be issued at the time of purchase. You must present this temporary membership card and a government issued ID for access to an international Delta Sky Club location and select partner lounges. If purchasing online, this temporary membership card printout will not grant access to partner lounges, only to Delta Sky Club locations. Partner lounges require actual temporary membership cards, which may be obtained from any Delta Sky Club location.

*To take advantage of this offer, the annual membership must be purchased in person at any Delta Sky Club location. This offer is not available for purchase online. This offer is not retroactive and cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, discount or frequent flyer program Award.

Originally Posted by jsmith50
You can purchase a 30 day membership online. Not sure if the credentials you are provided via the online purchase would be good enough to get you in to a partner lounge overseas. You can do that at this link:

Originally Posted by suvayanr
Why do you say that, I'm seeing it right now as available for purchase? Ok, when I go to various payment sites, I do not see it either, yet that's weird that it is discussed in the link above.

Which is what I'm trying to do as well (two are kids) and I don't have AX or DL status as well.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 4:48 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I have a trip in F (paid) WAS-HNL (5 total segments) and was looking for a way to get myself and two kids (12 & 14) into a SC. I read on the skyclub rules section that for a one day pass, all family over 2 YO need their own pass, fine, got that

I then go to the link that was shown below on 30 day passes and it leads one to believe that basic SC rules (which allow family members in as guests) apply.

Am I wrong?

From this post, it specifically states that DSC can not guarantee guest access but this makes me infer that you can have guests on a 30 day pass at SC's.. you would think if they did not allow it, it would be specified that SC's don't allow guests either

this is everything that I found on 30 day SC passes moments ago on the DL website [="https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/airports-and-aircraft/delta-sky-club/house-rules.html"]here[/url]

30-Day Membership

Membership is valid for 30 consecutive days from the date of purchase.

The cost of a 30-Day Membership may be credited within 60 days of expiration toward the cost of an annual* membership.

The 30-Day membership grants access to all to Delta Sky Club locations, and Alaska Board Rooms as well as select Air France and KLM operated lounges with the use of the temporary membership card. (At partner lounges, guest access is subject to the policies of each lounge partner. Delta Sky Club cannot guarantee guest entry at partner lounge locations.)

A temporary membership card will be issued at the time of purchase. You must present this temporary membership card and a government issued ID for access to an international Delta Sky Club location and select partner lounges. If purchasing online, this temporary membership card printout will not grant access to partner lounges, only to Delta Sky Club locations. Partner lounges require actual temporary membership cards, which may be obtained from any Delta Sky Club location.

*To take advantage of this offer, the annual membership must be purchased in person at any Delta Sky Club location. This offer is not available for purchase online. This offer is not retroactive and cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, discount or frequent flyer program Award.

Why do you say that, I'm seeing it right now as available for purchase? Ok, when I go to various payment sites, I do not see it either, yet that's weird that it is discussed in the link above.

Which is what I'm trying to do as well (two are kids) and I don't have AX or DL status as well.
It was confirmed to me both by Delta and at a Skyclub Location (JFK) that the 30-day membership is no longer offered. The rules are still there because there are still some passengers who have an active or upcoming 30-day membership.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.