Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2013, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by walkermom
I don't live in a city with a Skyclub at the airport. Is it possible for a friend to buy a 30 day pass in my name at their local Skyclub and then mail it to me? I want to use it for partner lounges in Europe and apparently the online version isn't accepted at these.
I don't know whether he can buy you a pass. Skyclubs are mostly on airside so he has to be flying out of the same terminal to do so.

Also Skyclub memebership does not automatically get you into partner lounges.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:16 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Delta
I realize he has to be traveling airside. The card issued at a Skyclub will allow access to partner lounges. The one bought online won't in most cases. The issue is if a 30 day pass can be bought for somebody else.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:18 am

30 day pass question

I don't live in a city with a Skyclub at the airport. Is it possible for a friend to buy a 30 day pass in my name at their local Skyclub and then mail it to me? I want to use it for partner lounges in Europe and apparently the online version isn't accepted at these.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can't you buy the pass on line and then ask for a card at a USA SC before your outbound TATL flight?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:58 am

Wish it was that easy. I'm not in the US, I'm in Canada. There are no dedicated Skyclubs in Canada.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I realize he has to be traveling airside. The card issued at a Skyclub will allow access to partner lounges. The one bought online won't in most cases. The issue is if a 30 day pass can be bought for somebody else.
I don't believe there is difference. In any case, the number of partner lounges accessible in Europe with a Sky Club membership is limited - namely, a subset of AF/KL lounges in AMS, CDG, FRA, LHR, LIS, MXP, and TXL.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:29 am

The difference is the lounges here are not DL SC, they're Skyteam and cannot issue DL SC membership cards. The lounge access I want is for AF CDG.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:38 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
You can purchase a 30 day membership online. Not sure if the credentials you are provided via the online purchase would be good enough to get you in to a partner lounge overseas. You can do that at this link:

https://www.delta.com/skyclub/purcha...Request.action
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:45 am

Thanks, but the online membership isn't accepted at the partner lounges. That is the reason I'm asking if it's possible for a friend to buy me a pass in my name at a DL SC.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Okay, I guess this is the issue the poster is referring to --

"30-Day members will not receive permanent membership cards. Temporary membership cards can be obtained in-Club and printed if purchased online. The temporary membership card printout will not grant access to partner lounges, only to Delta Sky Club locations. Partner lounges require actual temporary membership cards, which may be obtained from any Delta Sky Club location."
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Thanks, but the online membership isn't accepted at the partner lounges. That is the reason I'm asking if it's possible for a friend to buy me a pass in my name at a DL SC.
I'm in the ATL F SC right now. Just asked about the ability to purchase a 30 day membership for someone else. The attendant said, "Sure, there's no reason why we can't sell you a membership for someone else." It seems to be easy enough done then to have your friend get it and ship it to you.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:53 pm

wow, thanks for asking! Really appreciated!
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:58 pm

wow, thanks for asking! Really appreciated!
Hopefully whichever location your friend goes to won't give them a hard time selling a 30 day membership for you. In other words, hope their message is consistent to what I was told this morning.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 3:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I have seen people posted in this and other threads about issues accessing partner lounges even with the temporary card. I am currently typing this from the Salon Lounge at CDG which I had access to with no issues. I also use the card at the Air France IAD lounge. At IAD the check in person first denied me access but a coworker told her the card was valid and should be accepted before I had to question her reasoning.

*Please note that the back of the temporary card says "not valid at partner lounges." Not sure why it is there as the website clearly states the 30 days membership have partner lounge access.

Hopefully anyone nervous about purchasing as I was won't be anymore.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:39 am

Can I ask if you bought the card online and are using the paper printout or a card you picked up at a Skyclub? It's not clear in your post as you refer to the back of the card which indicates it's a proper card, not a paper printout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.