Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2011, 9:17 pm

Isn't there a Skyclub in Seattle? Maybe if you want to get the card, maybe see if you can get at SEA before Sunday? Maybe you could go to the ticketing area in Delta and tell them of your predicament, they may be able to get you a temporary card so your 90 dollars aren't wasted. I don't have information on your scenario specifically but lounge dragons are called dragons for a reason. They will find any reason not to allow you enter. Its what they get paid for, and out of anyone they probably have the least flexibility when it comes to bending the rules. There is nothing worse than begging to get into a lounge when there are other people behind listening.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 9:21 pm

YMMV.

But, I was able to use the 30-day SC printout at the AF lounge at CDG Terminal 2E last December.

I called DL before the trip and asked about it. They said it's at the discretion of the partner lounge, but should be okay.

One thing that could help in a small way is to be polite and courteous, and dress the part.

I also remember Mrs. Newsman complimenting the lounge dragon...told her that her ring was magnifique.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 9:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Hmmmm...according to the DL website, they show partner lounges as being available with a 30 day SC membership. They have always, to my knowledge, required a membership card and would not accept the online receipt/proof of membership at partner lounges, but once you have the temporary card, I can't imagine that they wouldn't allow you access. Unless this is another example of DL (or a ST partner) changing rules yet again!
Old Oct 6, 2011, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss

I also remember Mrs. Newsman complimenting the lounge dragon...told her that her ring was magnifique.
If I said something like that I'm not sure it would come across as believable! Maybe only females can compliment other females like that. When it comes to lounges take no chances. A lot of lounges are overcrowded so if they let in people by being flexible with the rules they could be disciplined by their superiors. The Etihad business class lounge is like a zoo during peak hour with standing room only. I can't imagine how many people those lounge dragons turn away if there is anything wrong with their credentials.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 9:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I had the same problem before - even in Paris. Long story short, you're probably ok with paper.

See this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...situation.html

-Aaron
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by SighMN
If I said something like that I'm not sure it would come across as believable! Maybe only females can compliment other females like that.
Isn't that the truth!

btw, we were both allowed in, but it wasn't crowded at all (low risk for the agent to let us in.) This was during the period between Christmas and New Years.

I remember we even had free massages from Clarins while we were at the lounge. It was a free benefit being offered, and we even came home with a free Clarins gift pack for each of us. Truly a memorable experience, and made it well worth the money we paid for the 30-day SC membership.

Food was pretty good, too. Much better than the SCs in the U.S.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:21 pm

Hey there aschuett. I'm actually in the exact predicament as you. I will be going ORD - CDG - DXB and back in late November over Thanksgiving. I don't have any status on ST and I'm travelling with my wife. I'll be flying Delta and I believe I'll be flying out of Terminal 5 and won't be flying Delta otherwise up until then.

Do you have any suggestions to get the plastic card at ORD (or another location)? Did you have to sweet talk the front desk to get into the CDG lounge? I've been reading that people aren't able to bring their wives or friends into the CDG lounge with just a 30 day pass. That's the main reason we want to get the 30 day pass so we can shower and relax during our 5 hour layover in CDG on the way to DXB. Being able to use the CDG lounge on the way back would be a bonus! Were you able to make that happen?

It's crazy how similar our situations are
Old Oct 7, 2011, 6:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by djnotepad
Do you have any suggestions to get the plastic card at ORD (or another location)?
Not really - I never did get the plastic card. They just exchanged the paper computer printout for a hand-written paper copy. If you want to be more official, maybe print out your paper card on cardstock and laminate it?

Did you have to sweet talk the front desk to get into the CDG lounge?
Not at all, actually. They were better there than the agent at ORD T5. I would just be confident - you're not trying to cheat the system here. You legitimately paid for a pass and you want to use it. No reason you shouldn't get in.

I've been reading that people aren't able to bring their wives or friends into the CDG lounge with just a 30 day pass.
I didn't have any problem with this at all. Of course things vary, but if they deny you, just politely ask to speak to a manager.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 6:52 am

The email we got from Delta says you can bring your spouse/partner or children in with that pass... We are thinking of getting one next week since we have a 5-1/2 hour layover in FCO Rome between our trip from Atlanta and our flight to Cairo... so we could get the "official" card at Atlanta.

Is it better to sign up online and then just exchange the card at the Atlanta airport or just do the whole think at the airport? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but we're new at this.... Thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2011, 7:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by puppymama1
Is it better to sign up online and then just exchange the card at the Atlanta airport or just do the whole think at the airport?
I've only done it once, so I'm not all that experienced! But I don't know if they sell on-location. I would buy online beforehand. Worst-case even if they refuse to get you a plastic card, you will at least have a paper copy that will still probably get you in without a problem. Good luck!
Old Oct 7, 2011, 7:57 am

The email we got said we could either sign up online or visit any Sky Club location, but I agree - I think it would be better to do it online and have it in hand when we get to the airport... Thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2011, 10:03 am

I had to buy online because I was departing for CDG from PIT (which doesn't have a SC).

I was able to use the computer printout for both me and my companion at AF CDG.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by aschuett
Not really - I never did get the plastic card. They just exchanged the paper computer printout for a hand-written paper copy. If you want to be more official, maybe print out your paper card on cardstock and laminate it?

Not at all, actually. They were better there than the agent at ORD T5. I would just be confident - you're not trying to cheat the system here. You legitimately paid for a pass and you want to use it. No reason you shouldn't get in.

I didn't have any problem with this at all. Of course things vary, but if they deny you, just politely ask to speak to a manager.
Thanks for the response. If we end of doing it I'll report back to here.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 4:47 am

Thanks for all the input. I noticed when I was at SEA there was a Delta lounge (it's in the S gate) but decided to not buy the pass. I'd rather not deal with the lounge dragons.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by SighMN
Isn't there a Skyclub in Seattle? Maybe if you want to get the card, maybe see if you can get at SEA before Sunday? Maybe you could go to the ticketing area in Delta and tell them of your predicament, they may be able to get you a temporary card so your 90 dollars aren't wasted.
Can SC's really print out "temporary cards" that appear of more permanent quality than home-print cards? In a similar situation as the OP and wondering when I do my annual renewal at LAX if the SC folks can do this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.