Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 2010 DO Update

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2009, 9:17 pm

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by skoker
Woohoo for being SSSS exempt! (per DHS/TSA regulation!)

LOL
Old Nov 12, 2009, 2:16 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone
But I have used the 777 simulator at D&B and did a perfect landing.
There is absolutely no comparison to the ones found at the world headquarters of Delta Air Lines.
Originally Posted by mersk862
They aren't toys in any case but serious training tools that cost tens of thousands of dollars to acquire.
Try millions of dollars...
Old Nov 12, 2009, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Canarsie
There is absolutely no comparison to the ones found at the world headquarters of Delta Air Lines.Try millions of dollars...
So true.

Canarsie - would appreciate if you replied to that PM.

I think you should catch up with the Lounge.

Have a good one,
Old Nov 12, 2009, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Try millions of dollars...
I figured I'd go on the safe side, since I didn't know if they surpassed the $1m threshold (though it wouldn't surprise me). I knew they were well on the north-side of 6 figures, just not sure if they cracked the seventh.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 4:05 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone
Canarsie - would appreciate if you replied to that PM.

I think you should catch up with the Lounge.
I intend to do so, but please realize that I just returned from Europe yesterday and have a lot on which I need to catch up.
I figured I'd go on the safe side, since I didn't know if they surpassed the $1m threshold (though it wouldn't surprise me). I knew they were well on the north-side of 6 figures, just not sure if they cracked the seventh.
Even used flight simulators such as the ones Delta Air Lines has easily cracks seven figures...
Old Nov 12, 2009, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
More like eight figure$ for the new ones...
Old Nov 12, 2009, 4:11 pm

Programs: DL
I intend to do so, but please realize that I just returned from Europe yesterday and have a lot on which I need to catch up.Even used flight simulators such as the ones Delta Air Lines has easily cracks seven figures...
That is totally understandable. Whenever you can, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Even used flight simulators such as the ones Delta Air Lines has easily cracks seven figures...
Originally Posted by atldlff
More like eight figure$ for the new ones...
Wow. Color me even more impressed. I knew they were great machines...but wow.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 4:31 pm

Wow. Color me even more impressed. I knew they were great machines...but wow.
They roar like the real ones too... not that I'd know, right KLC
Old Nov 12, 2009, 5:12 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
I will attend unless I am either six feet under or tethered to an IV but then I am not sure that would stop me. Mrs. Italy should be able to attend, just depends upon family matters at the farm.

Thank you atldlff and Canarsie ^
Old Nov 12, 2009, 5:15 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
There is absolutely no comparison to the ones found at the world headquarters of Delta Air Lines.Try millions of dollars...
According to this "The exact cost of setting up the 777 simulator could not be verified but an Air India official said it could be between 16 and 20 million dollars."
Old Nov 13, 2009, 1:51 am

Programs: Delta GM +MM; SPG LT Plat; Hyatt Diamond
would love to attend, pending dates.... i always travel for work mid-May, so first or last weekend works for me...
Old Nov 18, 2009, 1:30 pm

Programs: Any status I once had is gone!
Are any press invited to join the DO?

Just wrapped up reading this week's Today in the Sky chat with Ben Mutzabaugh of USAToday who made this statement regarding the StarMegaDO:
As for the StarMegaDo, that was an amazing event no?!?! Unfortunately for us, The Wall Street Journal had an exclusive deal for that ... and direct media competitors (including Today in the Sky) were not allowed to join. It was disappointing on our end, but I don't begrudge the Journal for making that happen -- it was a great event for them to put together. (Read the link if any of you haven't seen it).
I definitely would recommend extending him an invite as he would be another great resource for the event.

Personally, I might be able to make it once the dates are firmed up. Right now most of my travel is on short notice and could be SAN one day, BGR the next.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by bkmn
Just wrapped up reading this week's Today in the Sky chat with Ben Mutzabaugh of USAToday who made this statement regarding the StarMegaDO:
As for the StarMegaDo, that was an amazing event no?!?! Unfortunately for us, The Wall Street Journal had an exclusive deal for that ... and direct media competitors (including Today in the Sky) were not allowed to join. It was disappointing on our end, but I don't begrudge the Journal for making that happen -- it was a great event for them to put together. (Read the link if any of you haven't seen it).
I definitely would recommend extending him an invite as he would be another great resource for the event.

Personally, I might be able to make it once the dates are firmed up. Right now most of my travel is on short notice and could be SAN one day, BGR the next.
I'd tend to disagree as I see this as a customer appreciation event versus a PR event.

On another note, the ever famous Deltalina has indicated her interest in attending...
Old Nov 18, 2009, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by WBurcham
On another note, the ever famous Deltalina has indicated her interest in attending...
atldlff was concerned about the number of people attending. If people know in advance that Deltalina will be there, this will dwarf the StarMegaDO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.