Delta 2010 DO Update

Old Nov 9, 09, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls View Post
After all the false starts & frustrations over the years of arranging either RWT or any NW or DL DO, last year's event was quite the coup.

I'm inclined to agree. Even when we fly to Europe or Oz for a DO, events are rarely spread out over > 2, sometimes 3 days. Something can always be saved for the next year. Still, need to be open & see what's afoot, esp. with regard to the possible overlap w/ the Delta Block Party.

On the other hand, a week of mattress running at the cheap Hilton properties around ATL would make my HHonors Diamond requal a snap.
That's a good point though Thurs-Sun would be ideal (work wise). I've already asked off for whatever day(s) this will be.

Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone View Post
I can handle a week. If I dealt with 2 weeks in Europe, I can definitely deal with a week of FTers
The real question is if that's true vice/versa.
Old Nov 9, 09, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by WBurcham View Post
It is true. There are photos to prove it.
Old Nov 9, 09, 1:46 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

A week?!

As much as I love many of the participants and members on here, a week would be far too long.
Nobody is expected to attend for a full week.

As I posted:
Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
We are thinking of expanding it to a week to give more flexibility to those who cannot attend for three specific days, as well as to give more FlyerTalk members a chance to attend without losing the intimacy of the event that occurred in June.
Old Nov 9, 09, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
This statement has now been firmly placed in the overhead.
Old Nov 9, 09, 1:53 pm

As I posted:
Ah I may have read too quickly. Though I'm sure that I could find enough to do over a week & there would be enough to keep me busy for a week...

Originally Posted by ADLFO View Post
And/or completely misunderstood.

Last edited by WBurcham; Nov 9, 09 at 2:02 pm
Old Nov 9, 09, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
I think your intent was to have us all for a full week at which time you believed you could transform us into DL-Loving automatons whose future would consist of writing postivive DL posts on FT, hawking DL AMEX CCs at ATL, MSP,DTW and SLC, and throwing large parties for JR and RA on alternating weekends. However, we saw through all this and called you on it, so now you have retreated and claim some sort of benevolent purpose. Your evil plan has been foiled, at least for now.

FIGHT THE POWER!!!
Old Nov 9, 09, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Burj View Post
For people in college, with children in college, or who work for colleges...the end of May is a little tricky because of graduation, end of semester exams, moving, etc...

In general the earlier in May the better...
Originally Posted by me4yankees View Post
Actually it depends on which area of the country you are. Here in the south where I am, college graduations are usually the first two weeks in May. I teach at a community college in VA and our exams end May 10 and my teaching contract ends May 15.

However, I would caution against Memorial Day weekend, May 28-31, 2010.

And count me in as well! I loved the first DO!
My last day of exams up in lovely Upstate NY is May 14th. So anytime after that would be awesome, kthxbye.

Originally Posted by ADLFO View Post
Wheels or handles first? On the side with three seats?
Old Nov 9, 09, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by skoker View Post
Wheels or handles first? On the side with three seats?
It was actually too big so we had to check it for him...
Old Nov 9, 09, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
No matter what date you pick it won't work for some people. If you start offering choices and taking votes, it will be a mess. Just pick the date that works for you two (atldlff & Canarsie) and announce it, and every individual will have to see if they can make it.

It's great to spread over a week with any individual allowed to attend for a max of 3 days, but that will make for way more work for the two of you and the DL people involved; don't overdo it and kill yourself on this.
Old Nov 9, 09, 3:52 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
No matter what date you pick it won't work for some people. If you start offering choices and taking votes, it will be a mess. Just pick the date that works for you two (atldlff & Canarsie) and announce it, and every individual will have to see if they can make it.

It's great to spread over a week with any individual allowed to attend for a max of 3 days, but that will make for way more work for the two of you and the DL people involved; don't overdo it and kill yourself on this.
Nothing is set in stone at this time.

This is why I do not typically like to announce anything before it is confirmed or ready.

Thank you for the advice, Gargoyle. It is appreciated.
Old Nov 9, 09, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum
Depending on the dates (May is tricky with two back to back conferences) please count me in. Was so sorry that I was unable to make it last year.
Old Nov 9, 09, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeMpls View Post
Just stop in the roofing depart of a Home Depot or Lowes after you arrive.

Seriously, we need to move on. We got our issues & questions across last time, and a substantial portion of the Q & A was spent on those subject.

Who knows what the hot-button issues will be in six months?
Notice the winking smiley. There will always be the chance that DL will get their act together, so I'll check in every now and again. At least until I unload the last of my NW miles.
Old Nov 9, 09, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ Super Plats
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero View Post
Notice the winking smiley. There will always be the chance that DL will get their act together, so I'll check in every now and again. At least until I unload the last of my NW miles.
How do we ever get rid of them? Since we booked all of our award trips to burn them, we've accumulated another 150K. I think we need a seven-step program.
Old Nov 9, 09, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Gold, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, NA EE, Hertz PC
I can guess

- Delta.com award calendar issues
- Needing better SWU's
- Better benefits for Diamonds
- More love for ex-NW flyers
- Better SkyClub food
+1, for a start... Fees would be another one, but I think Jeff et al would just start laughing...
Old Nov 9, 09, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by zsmith2 View Post
It was actually too big so we had to check it for him...
Aw shoot, does that mean I have to fire up FasTrac?

Search this Thread