Delta 2010 DO Update

Old Nov 9, 09, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by Burj View Post
NO NO NO NO NO! I had that song stuck in my head for DAYS...

ARGH! Too late you!! Thanks for nothing!

So take, these broken wings...

Old Nov 9, 09, 1:12 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express View Post
Is this going to be a 3 day Fri-Sun format or will the expanded schedule require an additional day? I need to know how many vacation days to set aside .
We are thinking of expanding it to a week to give more flexibility to those who cannot attend for three specific days, as well as to give more FlyerTalk members a chance to attend without losing the intimacy of the event that occurred in June.

In other words, we will still limit the number of people who attend each individual venue, but perhaps have some venues occur more than once, as was done with the tour of the Technical Operations Center and the Operations Control Center. The proposed Road Warrior Training versions I and II is a good example.

As I said before, we plan on adding more venues that were not part of the event this past June, but I cannot divulge additional details at this time.

We are attempting to balance resources versus providing additional opportunities for the next event.

I hope this makes sense...
Old Nov 9, 09, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ Super Plats
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero View Post
For those with TSA knowledge, is tar considered a liquid? I'd hate to have to check it in. The feathers are fine, I know.
Just stop in the roofing depart of a Home Depot or Lowes after you arrive.

Seriously, we need to move on. We got our issues & questions across last time, and a substantial portion of the Q & A was spent on those subject.

Who knows what the hot-button issues will be in six months?
Old Nov 9, 09, 1:15 pm

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
Originally Posted by mersk862 View Post
Maybe we can talk DL into giving Medallions BOGO coupons again at One Flew South
Sure! Let's hope!
Old Nov 9, 09, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ Super Plats
Originally Posted by mersk862 View Post
Last year the DO was on a Thursday-Saturday, with people flying home Saturday night or Sunday morning.
& putting one of the most important sessions (the exec Q & A) on Thursday left a lot of people unable to attend. I understand the last one involved a lot of "seat of the pants" scheduling & existing conflicts that they're trying to avoid in the sequel.
Old Nov 9, 09, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls View Post
I can guess

- Delta.com award calendar issues
- Needing better SWU's
- Better benefits for Diamonds
- More love for ex-NW flyers
- Better SkyClub food
Old Nov 9, 09, 1:21 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Please add me to the interested in participating list!
Old Nov 9, 09, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt, AA, HH Gold, $tarbucks Titanium
Count me as interested. Excellent idea to hold around time of the Block Party.
Old Nov 9, 09, 1:23 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

& putting one of the most important sessions (the exec Q & A) on Thursday left a lot of people unable to attend. I understand the last one involved a lot of "seat of the pants" scheduling & existing conflicts that they're trying to avoid in the sequel.
Do not forget that the last event was planned, coordinated and scheduled in only eight weeks, plus I had emergency personal issues with which I had to deal, so I was not as involved in the planning as I would have liked.

atldlff did an incredible job regardless of the limitations he faced.
Old Nov 9, 09, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL
Now if I had some robot that could act as me for a week, I'd be there.

-Fleet future
-NW integration (more of follow up)
-SWUs
-Making miles worth it
-New routes
Old Nov 9, 09, 1:26 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
Outrageous M fares!!

Originally Posted by WBurcham View Post
I can guess

- Delta.com award calendar issues
- Needing better SWU's
- Better benefits for Diamonds
- More love for ex-NW flyers
- Better SkyClub food
Old Nov 9, 09, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone View Post
Now if I had some robot that could act as me for a week, I'd be there.

-Fleet future
-NW integration (more of follow up)
-SWUs
-Making miles worth it
-New routes
A week?!

As much as I love many of the participants and members on here, a week would be far too long.

As for replacing you with a robot, what would that robot be programmed to do exactly? What would it/your purpose be?
Old Nov 9, 09, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
Do not forget that the last event was planned, coordinated and scheduled in only eight weeks, plus I had emergency personal issues with which I had to deal, so I was not as involved in the planning as I would have liked.

atldlff did an incredible job regardless of the limitations he faced.
After all the false starts & frustrations over the years of arranging either RWT or any NW or DL DO, last year's event was quite the coup.

A week?!

As much as I love many of the participants and members on here, a week would be far too long.
I'm inclined to agree. Even when we fly to Europe or Oz for a DO, events are rarely spread out over > 2, sometimes 3 days. Something can always be saved for the next year. Still, need to be open & see what's afoot, esp. with regard to the possible overlap w/ the Delta Block Party.

On the other hand, a week of mattress running at the cheap Hilton properties around ATL would make my HHonors Diamond requal a snap.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Nov 9, 09 at 1:39 pm
Old Nov 9, 09, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
A week?!

As for replacing you with a robot, what would that robot be programmed to do exactly? What would it/your purpose be?
I think another DL DO would be a fanstastic idea and would consider popping in perhaps! As to Robots, you know Issac Asimov wrote a whole series of books related thereto. Look how that turned out.

Safe Travels

Last edited by GTITAN; Nov 9, 09 at 1:40 pm
Old Nov 9, 09, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL
A week?!

It would be programmed to go to school, eat food, etc. Basically all of the essentials humans need to do to survive. It also would be programmed to use the computer, play xbox, and use the computer.

I can handle a week. If I dealt with 2 weeks in Europe, I can definitely deal with a week of FTers

Search this Thread