Delta 2010 DO Update

Old May 1, 2010, 10:14 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Cellisttoo
Note that we signed up back on March 19th- our names don't appear on the list...
Yes, but that was for when the event was to originally be held in May.

The difference between May and September or October is that we automatically assumed the event would take place around the same time this year, but never received confirmation from Delta Air Lines. Now that we are in agreement that the event will occur sometime in either September or October, it is more definite than before yesterday.

Of course, potential attendees who signed up unofficially for May may not be available in September or October. In fact, as happened last year, we expect the list of the first 60 responses to change as definite dates are confirmed and as the travel plans of FlyerTalk members change before the event occurs.
Old May 1, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: DL DM
Please add AJDelvano to the list. Looks like you have a waiting list for now...please put me on it and I'll hope to move up.

Thanks for putting this together.

AJDelvarno.
Old May 1, 2010, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
I am glad Canarsie was able to post the update on the planning efforts, and thank you to him and everyone for your good wishes on my new career. I am about to become a real Road Warrior again! I was actually enjoying my free time, but I am now looking forward to my new opportunity, and I hope to see many of you in my travels!

As Canarsie indicated, pulling this event together last year was a full-time effort, so we will really need the volunteers to take on even more of a leadership role to make this years event another great success. So many people have offered to help, and we are very thankful that we will have a great team of FT members to work with, so I have no doubt this years event will be even better than last year.

Last year we had a waitlist, but in the end, we were able to accommodate everyone that wanted to attend. So... dont be too concerned with the fact that we will limit that number of people attending. We will actually be using some new web based technology this year for registration, with the help of WesNSpace who is leading the technology effort around the event. We will have a waitlist when we reach capacity and as slots open, we will be able to clear people off that waitlist.

Please be patient while we work to establish the confirmed dates for the event. Once that date is finalized, we will update everyone and officially kick-off the planning effort.

For you information, here are the areas where we need volunteers, so if you have an affinity for one of these areas, please let us know.
  • Technology
  • Accommodations (Hotel planning)
  • On-site registration
  • Tour leaders
  • Sponsorships
  • Transportation
  • Individual venue planning (i.e., OCC, TOC, Museum, RWT, etc.)
  • Dinner logistics and planning
  • Signs, Badges, Printing logistics

We are looking forward to planning another great event and seeing everyone!
Old May 1, 2010, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Please add me to the list
Old May 1, 2010, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by atldlff
We will actually be using some new web based technology this year for registration, with the help of WesNSpace who is leading the technology effort around the event. We will have a waitlist when we reach capacity and as slots open, we will be able to clear people off that waitlist.
And at the DO we'll have WesNSpace give a demo to the DL folk, in hopes that they can incorporate this advanced technology into delta.com.
Old May 1, 2010, 10:21 am

Because we need the experience of our volunteers more than ever for this year, those who volunteered last year will automatically attend this event and be exempt from the 60-attendee limit.

The list has been adjusted accordingly.
I am about to become a real “Road Warrior” again! I was actually enjoying my free time, but I am now looking forward to my new opportunity, and I hope to see many of you in my travels!
You are going to be there, you know.

You have no other option on this...
Old May 1, 2010, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by Canarsie
You are going to be there, you know.

You have no other option on this...
There is NO DOUBT, I WILL be there. Besides, who else could/should demonstrate the correct use of the Oxygen Mask?!?
Old May 1, 2010, 10:25 am

There is NO DOUBT, I WILL be there. Besides, who else could/should demonstrate the correct use of the Oxygen Mask?!?
Thats it.

We are all doomed...
Old May 1, 2010, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Count me in!
Old May 1, 2010, 11:38 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Wow, I'm #60!

Please note that I will be a volunteer as well. :-:

Thank you,
David H.
Old May 1, 2010, 11:41 am

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
sept 17 - 19

thanks for adding me to the list. I am similarly unavailable the weekend of September 17 - 19 due to pre-existing plans.
Old May 1, 2010, 11:55 am

For you information, here are the areas where we need volunteers, so if you have an affinity for one of these areas, please let us know.
  • Technology
  • Accommodations (Hotel planning)
  • On-site registration
  • Tour leaders
  • Sponsorships
  • Transportation
  • Individual venue planning (i.e., OCC, TOC, Museum, RWT, etc.)
Unless any of our veteran volunteers proclaim otherwise, the On-site registration, Tour group leader, Technology and Transportation volunteer positions are now filled. The remaining open positions are as follows:
  • Accommodations Hotel planning
  • Sponsorships
  • Individual venue planning For example, Operations Control Center, Technical Operations Center, Delta Heritage Museum, Road Warrior Training, etc.
Old May 1, 2010, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA, HH Silver, Priority Gold
Please add me to the list of attendees as well.

Thanks!!
Old May 1, 2010, 3:07 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Please count me in. It will be enjoyable to meet everyone and trade some stories.

Thanks
Old May 1, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by MemphisQueen
Ditto - would love to know ASAP so I can schedule travel around it! having said that i'll likely REschedule work commitments just to attend!

Phooey. Somehow my name didn't make it to the list of attendees nor the list of waitlist. Could someone please add my name to the list, please?!?!?!

And I'd love to volunteer, but I'm also planning an international wedding and an international move for this year as well - eek! No time to work on anything else!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.