Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 2010 DO Update

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I hope to attend. Too bad DL can't support this more financially, including offering discounted flights to attendees. CO certainly set the standard for DOs in that regard.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
We discussed this today.

It will be on a “first-come, first-served” basis, so we will start with you.

It would be a pleasure to see you here in Atlanta, Cholula.

I have started the list of those who are interested here. To be added to this list, please indicate that you are indeed definitely interested.

Thank you.
I am extremely interested in attending! I *may* have a +1 (depending on the schedule) but I will definitely do everything in my power to attend myself!

(please note that I was post #3 on the thread way back when...one reason I am not walking at this year's graduation ceremony is that I didn't want to risk graduation conflicting with the DO since originally it going to be sometime in May...when graduation occurs!)
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I am interested but have some reservations:

1. The exact dates would have to be announced early enough to allow me to get tickets at a reasonable price (Sept-Oct tend to be very expensive to fly into/out of Israel because of the Jewish holidays).

2. I won't go if it involves traveling on Yom Kippur (it begins on sundown on Sept 17th).
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:46 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Stripe
I hope to attend. Too bad DL can't support this more financially, including offering discounted flights to attendees. CO certainly set the standard for DOs in that regard.
Never say never...

...let’s see what we can do, although I am making no promises...
Originally Posted by Burj
please note that I was post #3 on the thread way back when...one reason I am not walking at this year's graduation ceremony is that I didn't want to risk graduation conflicting with the DO since originally it going to be sometime in May...when graduation occurs!
Well, now you can do both!

Congratulations!
Originally Posted by Dovster
I am interested but have some reservations:

1. The exact dates would have to be announced early enough to allow me to get tickets at a reasonable price (Sept-Oct tend to be very expensive to fly into/out of Israel because of the Jewish holidays).

2. I won't go if it involves traveling on Yom Kippur (it begins on sundown on Sept 17th).
I will do what I can to ensure that the event does not occur during the Jewish High Holiday season, September 8 through the 18.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
Please put Nub2travel plus 1 on the list
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:51 pm

Well, now you can do both!
Well the deadline to register to walk this year is long past...but I'll walk next year for sure...it is worth it to wait as I definitely want to do both!
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:57 pm

I will do what I can to ensure that the event does not occur during the Jewish High Holiday season, September 8 through the 18.
Actually, except for very religious Jews Rosh HaShana doesn't present a problem. Most Israelis celebrate it by traveling inside the country (the Galilee is generally full of people running away from Tel Aviv).

On the other hand, Succot/Simchat Torah (Sept 18 through Sept 30) can be very difficult. That is the height of the travel season here, with many Israelis taking family trips overseas (schools are closed) and a great number of Jews from other countries flying into Israel for a visit.

Air fares are at their highest and Ben Gurion Airport is jammed solid.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat
Most definitely... interested.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster
Actually, except for very religious Jews Rosh HaShana doesn't present a problem. Most Israelis celebrate it by traveling inside the country (the Galilee is generally full of people running away from Tel Aviv).

On the other hand, Succot/Simchat Torah (Sept 18 through Sept 30) can be very difficult. That is the height of the travel season here, with many Israelis taking family trips overseas (schools are closed) and a great number of Jews from other countries flying into Israel for a visit.

Air fares are at their highest and Ben Gurion Airport is jammed solid.
I linked what you posted in the list as a reminder...

...it would be great to see you at the event!
Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:09 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Been watching the videos from last year's DO and am getting EXTREMELY animated. Is it normal to get this excited about Delta? Probably not, but then again I'm considering commissioning a painting featuring Deltalina's finger. Not exactly the definition of normal.

Just spoke with my poss plus one, and as suspected, he's very interested.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by DLNYC
Been watching the videos from last year's DO and am getting EXTREMELY animated. Is it normal to get this excited about Delta?
Answer that question yourself at www.easyvictor.org and see what you think...
Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:16 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Answer that question yourself at www.easyvictor.org and see what you think...
haha I kind of screamed when I saw that picture. I even recognize Gargoyle from http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...r-miles-2.html. You people are bloody crazy. It's fantastic.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Interested, assuming I can find decently priced tickets (or award tickets...hint, hint, DL) to get there.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:24 pm

I linked what you posted in the list as a reminder...

...it would be great to see you at the event!
I would like very much to be there but what you posted on the list is wrong:
# Dovster — but not if the event is between September 8 through 18
I have no problem in traveling during that period as long as I can be back home by early Sept 17.

I would be willing to travel on Sept 19 through the rest of the month but I might find that tickets are just too expensive.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:25 pm

I will be there with a +1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.