Delta 2010 DO Update

Old Apr 30, 10, 10:34 pm
  #301  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: AUS
Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Posts: 5,793
I hope to attend. Too bad DL can't support this more financially, including offering discounted flights to attendees. CO certainly set the standard for DOs in that regard.
Stripe is offline  
Old Apr 30, 10, 10:44 pm
  #302  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Upstate, NY - SYR, ITH, BGM, ELM, ROC
Programs: AA EP
Posts: 3,316
Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
We discussed this today.

It will be on a “first-come, first-served” basis, so we will start with you.

It would be a pleasure to see you here in Atlanta, Cholula.

I have started the list of those who are interested here. To be added to this list, please indicate that you are indeed definitely interested.

Thank you.
I am extremely interested in attending! I *may* have a +1 (depending on the schedule) but I will definitely do everything in my power to attend myself!

(please note that I was post #3 on the thread way back when...one reason I am not walking at this year's graduation ceremony is that I didn't want to risk graduation conflicting with the DO since originally it going to be sometime in May...when graduation occurs!)
Burj is offline  
Old Apr 30, 10, 10:45 pm
  #303  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Yiron, Israel
Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Posts: 61,777
I am interested but have some reservations:

1. The exact dates would have to be announced early enough to allow me to get tickets at a reasonable price (Sept-Oct tend to be very expensive to fly into/out of Israel because of the Jewish holidays).

2. I won't go if it involves traveling on Yom Kippur (it begins on sundown on Sept 17th).
Dovster is offline  
Old Apr 30, 10, 10:46 pm
  #304  
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Marietta, Georgia, United States
Posts: 24,540
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
I hope to attend. Too bad DL can't support this more financially, including offering discounted flights to attendees. CO certainly set the standard for DOs in that regard.
Never say never...

...let’s see what we can do, although I am making no promises...
Originally Posted by Burj View Post
please note that I was post #3 on the thread way back when...one reason I am not walking at this year's graduation ceremony is that I didn't want to risk graduation conflicting with the DO since originally it going to be sometime in May...when graduation occurs!
Well, now you can do both!

Congratulations!
Originally Posted by Dovster View Post
I am interested but have some reservations:

1. The exact dates would have to be announced early enough to allow me to get tickets at a reasonable price (Sept-Oct tend to be very expensive to fly into/out of Israel because of the Jewish holidays).

2. I won't go if it involves traveling on Yom Kippur (it begins on sundown on Sept 17th).
I will do what I can to ensure that the event does not occur during the Jewish High Holiday season, September 8 through the 18.
Canarsie is offline  
Old Apr 30, 10, 10:48 pm
  #305  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta
Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
Posts: 356
Please put Nub2travel plus 1 on the list
nub2travel is offline  
Old Apr 30, 10, 10:51 pm
  #306  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Upstate, NY - SYR, ITH, BGM, ELM, ROC
Programs: AA EP
Posts: 3,316
Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
Well, now you can do both!
Well the deadline to register to walk this year is long past...but I'll walk next year for sure...it is worth it to wait as I definitely want to do both!
Burj is offline  
Old Apr 30, 10, 10:57 pm
  #307  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Yiron, Israel
Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Posts: 61,777
Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
I will do what I can to ensure that the event does not occur during the Jewish High Holiday season, September 8 through the 18.
Actually, except for very religious Jews Rosh HaShana doesn't present a problem. Most Israelis celebrate it by traveling inside the country (the Galilee is generally full of people running away from Tel Aviv).

On the other hand, Succot/Simchat Torah (Sept 18 through Sept 30) can be very difficult. That is the height of the travel season here, with many Israelis taking family trips overseas (schools are closed) and a great number of Jews from other countries flying into Israel for a visit.

Air fares are at their highest and Ben Gurion Airport is jammed solid.
Dovster is offline  
Old Apr 30, 10, 11:06 pm
  #308  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat
Posts: 576
Most definitely... interested.
KarlJ is offline  
Old Apr 30, 10, 11:07 pm
  #309  
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Marietta, Georgia, United States
Posts: 24,540
Originally Posted by Dovster View Post
Actually, except for very religious Jews Rosh HaShana doesn't present a problem. Most Israelis celebrate it by traveling inside the country (the Galilee is generally full of people running away from Tel Aviv).

On the other hand, Succot/Simchat Torah (Sept 18 through Sept 30) can be very difficult. That is the height of the travel season here, with many Israelis taking family trips overseas (schools are closed) and a great number of Jews from other countries flying into Israel for a visit.

Air fares are at their highest and Ben Gurion Airport is jammed solid.
I linked what you posted in the list as a reminder...

...it would be great to see you at the event!
Canarsie is offline  
Old Apr 30, 10, 11:09 pm
  #310  
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NYC
Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Posts: 2,197
Been watching the videos from last year's DO and am getting EXTREMELY animated. Is it normal to get this excited about Delta? Probably not, but then again I'm considering commissioning a painting featuring Deltalina's finger. Not exactly the definition of normal.

Just spoke with my poss plus one, and as suspected, he's very interested.
DLNYC is offline  
Old Apr 30, 10, 11:11 pm
  #311  
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Marietta, Georgia, United States
Posts: 24,540
Originally Posted by DLNYC View Post
Been watching the videos from last year's DO and am getting EXTREMELY animated. Is it normal to get this excited about Delta?
Answer that question yourself at www.easyvictor.org and see what you think...
Canarsie is offline  
Old Apr 30, 10, 11:16 pm
  #312  
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NYC
Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Posts: 2,197
Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
Answer that question yourself at www.easyvictor.org and see what you think...
haha I kind of screamed when I saw that picture. I even recognize Gargoyle from http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...r-miles-2.html. You people are bloody crazy. It's fantastic.
DLNYC is offline  
Old Apr 30, 10, 11:19 pm
  #313  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DEN
Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 7,063
Interested, assuming I can find decently priced tickets (or award tickets...hint, hint, DL) to get there.
GBadger is offline  
Old Apr 30, 10, 11:24 pm
  #314  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Yiron, Israel
Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Posts: 61,777
Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
I linked what you posted in the list as a reminder...

...it would be great to see you at the event!
I would like very much to be there but what you posted on the list is wrong:
# Dovster — but not if the event is between September 8 through 18
I have no problem in traveling during that period as long as I can be back home by early Sept 17.

I would be willing to travel on Sept 19 through the rest of the month but I might find that tickets are just too expensive.
Dovster is offline  
Old Apr 30, 10, 11:25 pm
  #315  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hopefully on a plane...
Posts: 6,580
I will be there with a +1
WBurcham is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread