Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 2010 DO Update

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:07 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by flyzabit
You may lose DL folks if after Mem Day / school vacations start.
We may not have much of a choice, as this event will unfortunately not be scheduled in conjunction with the Delta Air Lines Block Party for its employees in May.

atldlff and I met today and discussed the event. We are still attempting to work out dates and logistics.

For those who offered to volunteer, we most likely may take you up on your offer, so please be prepared to be chosen. In addition to the new volunteers, we are hoping that the volunteers from last year will step up to the plate again and return this year. Those volunteers from last year will most likely have more active and senior roles this year with additional responsibilities, as they did such an exemplary job last year.

We thank everybody for your patience. As you can imagine, an event such as this with its increased scope as compared to last year is certainly not easy to plan, so please stay tuned...
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Canarsie
We may not have much of a choice, as this event will unfortunately not be scheduled in conjunction with the Delta Air Lines Block Party for its employees in May.

atldlff and I met today and discussed the event. We are still attempting to work out dates and logistics.

For those who offered to volunteer, we most likely may take you up on your offer, so please be prepared to be chosen. In addition to the new volunteers, we are hoping that the volunteers from last year will step up to the plate again and return this year. Those volunteers from last year will most likely have more active and senior roles this year with additional responsibilities, as they did such an exemplary job last year.

We thank everybody for your patience. As you can imagine, an event such as this with its increased scope as compared to last year is certainly not easy to plan, so please stay tuned...
Scheduling not in conjunction with the block party is ++ for me!
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:39 am

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Canarsie

As I told Steven, I stand ready to help in any way possible. As soon as the dates are firmed up I will know if I can participate or not.

Thanks again for all the work both of you have done to make this happen. ^
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:43 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
I hope we can schedule it for late July--and hold the entire event inside the Delta Museum.

BTW, I'll be glad to help again if I'm in town during the event. Regardless, I can help before it as well.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by atl runner
I hope we can schedule it for late July--and hold the entire event inside the Delta Museum.

BTW, I'll be glad to help again if I'm in town during the event. Regardless, I can help before it as well.
Haha you are a funny man ATL Runner! It was quite nice when I was there last week but I'm sure that ATL Heat will return.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by WesNSpace
Haha you are a funny man ATL Runner! It was quite nice when I was there last week but I'm sure that ATL Heat will return.
It sure made the gift shop a popular place--probably increased sales ten-fold.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Ha I warned Judy in the Gift Shop we would return in force again. Time to stock up :-)
Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Tell me about it! I would have bought a 764 7E/F seat as long as it got me out of the heat!

Add me to the helper list as long as the dates manage to avoid the holiday weekend.

David
Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:51 pm

You mean Skyteam777 increased their sales ten-fold!
Old Mar 24, 2010, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave
Tell me about it! I would have bought a 764 7E/F seat as long as it got me out of the heat!

Add me to the helper list as long as the dates manage to avoid the holiday weekend.

David
You should have, DiverDave. Then at this very moment you could be reclining WAAAAAAAAAAAAY back!^
Old Mar 24, 2010, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
You should have, DiverDave. Then at this very moment you could be reclining WAAAAAAAAAAAAY back!^
"Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end."

But they did. Now I'm just left with many fond memories of leaning WAAAAAAAAY back, and the secret lever.

David
Old Mar 24, 2010, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave
"Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end."

But they did. Now I'm just left with many fond memories of leaning WAAAAAAAAY back, and the secret lever.

David
We'd upgrade and dance, forever and a day
We'd live the life we'd choose
We'd never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way.

We would never have known about the secret lever without you.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by WesNSpace
Ha I warned Judy in the Gift Shop we would return in force again. Time to stock up :-)
You mean time to make sure their air conditioner has double capacity, and that the heaters are turned up a notch in the rest of the facility.

Old Mar 25, 2010, 4:41 pm

And I thought I was the only one who liked Jerry Vale haha
Old Mar 25, 2010, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
You mean time to make sure their air conditioner has double capacity, and that the heaters are turned up a notch in the rest of the facility.

The best seat in the museum was in front of a huge fan by the snack bar. You can't fault them for not airconditioning a pair of old hangers, but man was it ever hot in there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.