Delta 2010 DO Update

Old Nov 19, 09, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier
Originally Posted by flyzabit View Post
5. Skymiles and WP Trivia / NW Trivia / DL Trivia for $200, Alex. Pick Mersk862 as moderator since he (with others) can tell you the answers before the questions are finished...and thus put together the best questions.
Is this an attempt to have me avoid the competition (and another potential quarter million frequent flyer miles)?
Old Nov 19, 09, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862 View Post
Is this an attempt to have me avoid the competition (and another potential quarter million frequent flyer miles)?
Yes.

I sure hope so. Perhaps as moderator, you will be given a token of appreciation of 25,000 miles.
Old Jan 17, 10, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH & HY
update?
Old Jan 17, 10, 6:31 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler View Post
update?
Not at this time.
Old Jan 17, 10, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
how 'bout now?
Old Jan 17, 10, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
Not at this time.
Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
how 'bout now?
Old Feb 7, 10, 10:43 pm

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Greetings all. I have a mini update for a tiny part of the DO for you. At the next event we will be having a fundraiser of sorts for The Delta Heritage Museum. While the details are still being hammered out I can say that you will get something really cool for making a donation to the museum. Now how many of you are sitting there pondering the notion that you didn't even know Delta had a museum? If you have ever flown in to ATL you have been just an olympic stone's throw away from the museum including their great gift shop.

So if you haven't already be sure to check out their website at http://deltamuseum.org/ and all their great information about what they are up to. Also, become a fan of the FaceBook page and you can get updates on their hanger sales and special events.

Finally, when the time comes to register and attend the ATL DO be sure to consider giving to this great ever growing museum and keep their wonderful preservation efforts alive.

Wes
Old Feb 8, 10, 1:46 am

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by WesNSpace View Post
Now how many of you are sitting there pondering the notion that you didn't even know Delta had a museum?
I've been there twice and it is really great! However I've never been able to go when "The Spirit of Delta" is open! Maybe something can be arranged for the DO so people attending the DO can go inside? That would be so cool!

(As a side PSA...the NWA Heritage Museum near MSP is also very cool and worth a visit!)
Old Feb 8, 10, 6:40 am

Programs: DL FO 1.4MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
Greetings all. I have a mini update for a tiny part of the DO for you. At the next event we will be having a fundraiser of sorts for The Delta Heritage Museum.s
Were you at the 2009 DO? We had a great fundraiser. The attendees spent a TON of money buying stuff. Seriously, I spent well over $100.

Somebody should find out how much they grossed that day.

David
Old Feb 8, 10, 8:01 am

Wirelessly posted (ATT Tilt: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

Originally Posted by DiverDave
Greetings all. I have a mini update for a tiny part of the DO for you. At the next event we will be having a fundraiser of sorts for The Delta Heritage Museum.s
Were you at the 2009 DO? We had a great fundraiser. The attendees spent a TON of money buying stuff. Seriously, I spent well over $100.

David
I think Skyteam777 was the winner in the spending department.... I love to shop but swear that I haven't seen many people walking around with armfuls of stuff like that very often.
Old Feb 8, 10, 8:05 am
KLC
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by Burj View Post
...I've never been able to go when "The Spirit of Delta" is open! Maybe something can be arranged for the DO so people attending the DO can go inside? That would be so cool!...
Last year's Do attendees were able to board both the "Spirit of Delta" and the DC-3!
Old Feb 8, 10, 9:08 am

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DiverDave View Post

David
It was referred to as "one of the best days ever" and "when are you coming back" :-)
Old Feb 8, 10, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL FO 1.4MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
"when are you coming back" :-)
Well, that's what we all want to know....!

David
Old Feb 8, 10, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Plat, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat Prem
Originally Posted by WBurcham View Post
Wirelessly posted (ATT Tilt: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

I think Skyteam777 was the winner in the spending department.... I love to shop but swear that I haven't seen many people walking around with armfuls of stuff like that very often.
And I enjoyed every minute of it
Old Feb 8, 10, 4:50 pm

Smile I'm local (ATL) and very interested in attending

I missed last year's event due to work but am hoping the dates for this year work out in my favor. I really want to attend. A pilot friend took me on a personal tour of the Sims at ATL WHQ and while we did not get to take one for a spin I did get to walk inside/sit in all of them and it was quite amazing to say the least. Would love to participate in RWT.

Looking forward to the details when they are available.

James
aka [email protected] (which is now old because I no longer live in ORF but reside in ATL area but I'm not changing my FT handle)

Search this Thread