FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Was thanked by DL elite line for being a PE MM (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1009471-thanked-dl-elite-line-being-pe-mm.html)

hooverer Oct 24, 2009 9:43 am

Was thanked by DL elite line for being a PE MM

Wow, I dont recall hearing this before, was thanked by a very nice DL elite line person today for being a SM MM and for being a SM PE as he and DL appreciated all of my business.

He went on to say how much he appreciated that my satisfaction resulted in business for DL which in turn enabled him to get a paycheck. ^

The person was very helpful, provided some tips on some things I had been trying to do or look at getting done, similar to those in the NW GE/PE center.

What I found most interesting is that this person realized the connection to customer satisfaction = continued business = employment = paycheck somethig, perhaps some of the DL management or decision makers particularly in the bean counting or revenue prevention department could use a refresher course in.

Nice job DL elite line^

-H

AndyTLe Oct 24, 2009 9:58 am

While waiting for the computer to pull up whatever, I've typically had agents thank me (also great when FAs do it while in F). Also, I've found that phone agents have returned to using formal greetings again (Mr., Ms. etc). There was a period where agents got away from doing that.

takamine727 Oct 24, 2009 1:01 pm

I was also given what seemed to be a very 'intentional' message of 'thanks for your continued business and being a PM' from the counter agent when checking bag this morning. Sounds like a new thanks initiative being rolled out or something...^

orlandodlplat Oct 24, 2009 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by hooverer (Post 12701707)
Wow, I dont recall hearing this before, was thanked by a very nice DL elite line person today for being a SM MM and for being a SM PE as he and DL appreciated all of my business.

I'm glad you guys from the NW side are finally able to access the DL Medallion line, and see what we have known for years: the line formerly known as SMS provides a level of service very similar to what you were used to.

One thing though... you're no longer a PE!

CaseyN2 Oct 24, 2009 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by orlandodlplat (Post 12702548)

That will take a while though, after being a PE for many years the term PM or soon to be DM hasn't taken hold yet.

SkyTeam777 Oct 24, 2009 6:52 pm

How do we access the NW Elite line for reservations that Delta.com (and sometimes DL agents) cannot work with? Is there a number we can call for their Elite line?

Also, why do some Delta agents refer to themselves as Ms. XYZ instead of their first name? It makes me feel like Im in grade school sometimes, haha!

ContinentalFan Oct 24, 2009 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by hooverer (Post 12701707)

It's a real thank-you-fest this year. The people on the elite line thank you for being PM; FAs wander around the FC cabins thanking you for flying DL--they even shake your hand on international flights. They are very nice gestures.

hooverer Oct 27, 2009 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by orlandodlplat (Post 12702548)
I'm glad you guys from the NW side are finally able to access the DL Medallion line, and see what we have known for years: the line formerly known as SMS provides a level of service very similar to what you were used to.

It just dawned on me, I was actually a PM before, that is PE + MM = PM :D

GMill Oct 27, 2009 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan (Post 12703596)
It's a real thank-you-fest this year. The people on the elite line thank you for being PM; FAs wander around the FC cabins thanking you for flying DL--they even shake your hand on international flights. They are very nice gestures.

It costs so little. But it sounds so good.

Robert Leach Oct 27, 2009 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan (Post 12703596)

The thanks and a handshake on international flights in BE is not a gesture new to, or specific to, this year. That has been done a number of times in the past.

Not on every flight, by any means, but a decent percentage of the time.

LHR-ATL in December 2008 comes to mind. And, actually, I had a FA on LGA-ATL in September extend that gesture in F as well.

LKYGSR Oct 27, 2009 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 12703558)
How do we access the NW Elite line for reservations that Delta.com (and sometimes DL agents) cannot work with? Is there a number we can call for their Elite line?

Also, why do some Delta agents refer to themselves as Ms. XYZ instead of their first name? It makes me feel like Im in grade school sometimes, haha!

Here is the number to the NWA Platinum Elite Line
(Number Removed by Moderator)

Wish I could say same about Delta Platinum ELite Line, since the skymiles conversion started this month I have dealt with two rude Delta agents, both calling me ny my first name and both using there first name with me only. I did have one good Delta agent, very kind and helpful, until we got disconnected, when I called back I got stuck with another rude one....I already miss NWA customer service...:(

DeltaDiamond Oct 27, 2009 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 12703558)

LOL - Just trying to be professional; I guess. Response to another poster --- I have ALWAYS been acknowledged on the phone for my loyality; not so much at the airport.

DeltaDiamond Oct 27, 2009 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by LKYGSR (Post 12722395)

Wish I could say same about Delta Platinum ELite Line, since the skymiles conversion started this month I have dealt with two rude Delta agents, both calling me ny my first name and both using there first name with me only. I did have one good Delta agent, very kind and helpful, until we got disconnected, when I called back I got stuck with another rude one....I already miss NWA customer service...:(

OK - I'm gonna get clobbered for this this... but here is a number to the best of the best DL call-center agents. No menu or long hold times... sometimes you will hear music w/o even as much as a greeting, so just wait. These agents can handle any domestic issue; most often w/o a long hold for a supervisor to review... just highly trained DL SR agents on this line. Downside... it's not 24/7. The magic number is (Number Removed by Moderator)

RCarverJr Oct 28, 2009 7:28 am

Originally Posted by LKYGSR (Post 12722395)

Haven't experienced that at all, in fact it's been a pleasant experience each time I have had to use them. But, if you are so inclined, you can still call the number on your NWA PE card, they are still answering and doing great things in Chisolm for me as well!

LKYGSR Oct 28, 2009 8:43 am

Originally Posted by DeltaDiamond (Post 12722504)
OK - I'm gonna get clobbered for this this... but here is a number to the best of the best DL call-center agents. No menu or long hold times... sometimes you will hear music w/o even as much as a greeting, so just wait. These agents can handle any domestic issue; most often w/o a long hold for a supervisor to review... just highly trained DL SR agents on this line. Downside... it's not 24/7. The magic number is (Number Removed by Moderator).

Thanks so much! I'll use the number carefully and won't mention who I got it from. Hope you don't get clobbered for doing a good deed.