Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Upgrade Available But Not Clearing: Shouldn't I Have Gotten It Already?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Upgrade Available But Not Clearing: Shouldn't I Have Gotten It Already?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2009, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rylan
So I guess it is still a problem with getting upgrades to process on DL ticketed/numbered flights operated by NW? Noticed that the OP is likely in this situation. I also may be in the same situation in a couple weeks, since my outgoing leg of a trip is NW op but DL ticketed/numbered. I thought this issue was supposed to be fixed already?
There's no problem as you describe above... I don't think it has anything to do with dl ticketed/nw operated. It looks to me as though the standard NW EUA process is running, and the DL folks just aren't used to the system yet.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 4:42 pm

thanks everyone. I did get the upgrade, and it seemed to have been a glitch. I think maybe DL.com was showing "available" even though no upgrade was actually available.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 6:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM/Amex Reserve 2 Million Miler
Could someone be kind and tell me what EUA stands for and how the NW EUA worked...? Thank you...
Old Oct 15, 2009, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by robnsfla
Could someone be kind and tell me what EUA stands for and how the NW EUA worked...? Thank you...
EUA= Elite Upgrade Automation (or something to that effect)

it's similar to DL, where at the upgrade windows the computer automatically assigns upgrades based on specific criteria. As mentioned above, the timing is simply slightly different.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 8:42 am

Programs: Delta 1M, SM Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Upgrade Not Clearing: Shouldn't I Have Gotten My Upgrade Already?

Here are the basics:

Hit the 5 day window on return leg of flight next week. It is my first flight since the merger, and I moved to Plat with the merge.

Return flight is ORD-MSP-SEA, NW flights 139 and 627 on 10/29. Dummy bookings in Delta shows Upgrade 'available'. NW K fare.

I called and had my WP/SM number re-entered after I wasn't upgraded at the 5 day window on the outbound flight, so my correct number should be in there.

Flight was booked on the NWA.com website pre-merger (when I was NW Gold).

Additonal oddity - my seat assignments, which used to show up on the Delta.com website, are gone as of this morning.

Anyone with EF want to take a peek and see if in fact I should have been upgraded already? Additionally, if I should have been upgraded, can the elite line put me in front if I call, or do I have to wait for the computer to find me and do it during the nightly sweep?

Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
If it shows "Available" you should be upgraded.

I'm having similar problems, booked on NWA.com last night as it showed "Available", selected F seats. Checked NWA.com this morning and I'm in Y.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 8:54 am
KLC
In Memoriam

139 = r8
627 = r5
Old Oct 24, 2009, 8:59 am

Programs: Delta 1M, SM Diamond, Hilton Diamond
So does a call to the elite line do any good?
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by kgbreb
So does a call to the elite line do any good?

it may. however DL.com may be behind, so even though it shows as available, if the flight is nw metal, the upgrade might not actually be available.

But if the upgrade truly is available, the agents will try to upgrade you (if you get one that knows what he/she is talking about)
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by bmw303
(if you get one that knows what he/she is talking about)
I love how the default excuse now by both DL & NW agents... "Because of the merger..." I had to cancel a ticket last night, DL agent transferred me to NW agent. NW agent couldn't pull up my itinerary (booked on NW.com) without a confirmation number. "Sir, because of the merger, I can't find your reservation."
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:39 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
I love how the default excuse now by both DL & NW agents... "Because of the merger..." I had to cancel a ticket last night, DL agent transferred me to NW agent. NW agent couldn't pull up my itinerary (booked on NW.com) without a confirmation number. "Sir, because of the merger, I can't find your reservation."
Yep. I had my electronic ticked "unhooked" last week for my present travel. Unfortunately, because "of the merged system" my eTicket for the segments on NWA and AF got *DELETED* and are in fact reissued as a *PAPER* ticket now!

That also affects upgrades since my ticketing time is ... yeah ... unknown now. Neither the kiosks nor the UGL is picking up my segments ...
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
I'm not 100% sure, but I think NWA's EUA clears the same way as Continental. They run EUAs at set times, not like DL when V/X are available they clear.

I don't know if NWA is the same, but CO runs EUA 5, 3, and 1 day before departure and then again at 3 hours before departure. So, only during those windows will your upgrade clear.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
This is not necessarily true... Just because there are R seats available does not mean that EUA has run since those seats were made available. Therefore, there is a period of time during which upgrade space is available but automated upgrades have not yet been processed.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
I'm not 100% sure, but I think NWA's EUA clears the same way as Continental. They run EUAs at set times, not like DL when V/X are available they clear.

I don't know if NWA is the same, but CO runs EUA 5, 3, and 1 day before departure and then again at 3 hours before departure. So, only during those windows will your upgrade clear.
Yes, this is true, and is what I was mentioning in my above post. The only difference is that the EUA runs a bit more frequently than just 5,3,1.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Originally Posted by GBadger
This is not necessarily true... Just because there are R seats available does not mean that EUA has run since those seats were made available. Therefore, there is a period of time during which upgrade space is available but automated upgrades have not yet been processed.
Got it, didn't realize that. On DL, it usually clears at booking or within 5 minutes after.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.