767 International Fleet seating update

Old Apr 28, 2010, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Sky Club, United Club, Admirals Club, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Lie-flats on the 767-300ER are a year or more away. The balance of the 767-400ERs and 777-200ER conversions come first.
Curiously I am on ATL-TLV late August it is the 777-ER - sure wish they had the lie flats installed by now but I am pretty confident they won't. If NY-CAI has it ATL-TLV should (in principle). I wonder if I should change to LAX-CDG, or, just fly the other direction :-)

Any updates from our resident insiders on the timeline is appreciated!
Old Feb 18, 2011, 2:21 pm
rwd

Hello

i am travelling CDG to SLC on the 26th Feb...will the IFE be overhead or individual? thanks.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 2:29 pm
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by davetravels
I was going to post this as a new thread, but since I found it here, I thought I'd add it here . . .

I flew NRT/PDX Saturday on a 763-ER and the first thing I noticed was the winglets! I've NEVER seen those before on a DL 767!! And the whole interior had a newer, fresh feel about it compared to the ones I usually fly from JFK (TXL, for example) that just feel almost like 3rd world! I was on a LOT flight WAW/EWR recently that felt newer than these, but the one with winglets on Sat was quite nice! New carpeting. The walls and bins had a fresh feel to them - same old horrificly sized overhead bins - just seemed cleaner and newer! The main overhead TV's seemed like a newer style - not sure exactly how different. Have these been refurbished semi-recently?
We have a winglet ship on the tXL route quite frequently. Unfortunately, the interior was (Feb.) still the crappy old 763. I have never checked the tail # but I think it's more than one.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by rwd
Hello

i am travelling CDG to SLC on the 26th Feb...will the IFE be overhead or individual? thanks.
Overhead if in Y, individual if in J. It's the 767-300ER.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 4:57 pm
rwd

Thanks Griffey...economy I'm afraid
Old Feb 19, 2011, 5:23 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by c_d
We have a winglet ship on the tXL route quite frequently. Unfortunately, the interior was (Feb.) still the crappy old 763. I have never checked the tail # but I think it's more than one.
I saw another post a few days ago, that says that JFK/TXL is one of the first new routes to get lie flats in BE! Well, unless I'm op-upped, I'm never up front - - except - - my award trip in July!!! Yay!! When I happened to look at the seat map a week ago, I didn't recognize the 1-2-1 config, but I really didn't think about it!! It certainly wasn't 1-2-1 when I booked it MONTHS ago - - and I never book J, even on an award ticket, but the exact date I wanted was available in "low J", but not "low Y", so I grabbed it!! Yay!!
Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:46 pm
c_d

I saw another post a few days ago, that says that JFK/TXL is one of the first new routes to get lie flats in BE! Well, unless I'm op-upped, I'm never up front - - except - - my award trip in July!!! Yay!! When I happened to look at the seat map a week ago, I didn't recognize the 1-2-1 config, but I really didn't think about it!! It certainly wasn't 1-2-1 when I booked it MONTHS ago - - and I never book J, even on an award ticket, but the exact date I wanted was available in "low J", but not "low Y", so I grabbed it!! Yay!!
Good luck to you. By the way, I stand corrected. Being on JFK-TXL about once a month, I had the first DL AVOD/pTV ship yesterday EVER! Strangely, no winglets though.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 7:22 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by c_d
Good luck to you. By the way, I stand corrected. Being on JFK-TXL about once a month, I had the first DL AVOD/pTV ship yesterday EVER! Strangely, no winglets though.
It looks like you were on N1612T, but that aircraft definitely has winglets. JFK-TXL is currently seeing the AVOD-equipped 767s about 3 days a week, but there's no guarantee this will continue during the summer.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 7:31 am
c_d

Originally Posted by timf
It looks like you were on N1612T, but that aircraft definitely has winglets. JFK-TXL is currently seeing the AVOD-equipped 767s about 3 days a week, but there's no guarantee this will continue during the summer.
Really??! Winglets? I must be blind then! I could have sworn there were none. Maybe I was too excited seeing pTV onboard and power ports ...
Old Feb 21, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by timf
Actually, JFK-TXL will be one of the flat-bed 76T routes this summer. Here is the full list of flat-bed 76T and 76D routes this summer:

JFK:
  • JFK-AMM (76T, June 1)
  • JFK-BUD (76T, June 21)
  • JFK-CAI (76T, June 1)
  • JFK-LHR (3x 76D, existing service)
  • JFK-MAD (76D, April 1)
  • JFK-MXP (76D, April 15)
  • JFK-NCE (76D, June 15)
  • JFK-SVO (76D, June 16)
  • JFK-TXL (76T, June 16)
  • JFK-VCE (76D, June 15 to July 13)

ATL:
  • ATL-FCO (76D, July 14)
  • ATL-FRA (76D, June 1)
  • ATL-GRU (76D, existing service)
  • ATL-LHR (76D, existing service)
  • ATL-MUC (76D, existing service)

DTW:
  • DTW-FRA (76D, June 1)
  • DTW-LHR (76D, existing service)

MSP:
  • MSP-LHR (76D, existing service)

BOS:
  • BOS-LHR (2x 76D from March 27 to June 15, 2x 76T from June 16 onward)

MIA:
  • MIA-LHR (76D, March 27)
Old Feb 21, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
was on a 767 FRA-JFK on Sunday with winglets, but never went back to check out the coach cabin. Is there a true correlation between winglets and PTVs in the coach cabin?
Old Feb 21, 2011, 2:39 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by RobertS975
was on a 767 FRA-JFK on Sunday with winglets, but never went back to check out the coach cabin. Is there a true correlation between winglets and PTVs in the coach cabin?
No. I flew last year NRT/PDX on a 767 with winglets, but overhead TV's. I'm sure somebody more aircraft savvy can chime in with specifics.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 3:12 pm

No. I flew last year NRT/PDX on a 767 with winglets, but overhead TV's. I'm sure somebody more aircraft savvy can chime in with specifics.
For the time being, all the 763ERs that have PTVs also have winglets (these are the 76Ts for 12+ hr flights), but then Delta added winglets to some planes in the standard 76L configuration, so winglets do not indicate whether or not a plane has PTVs. PTVs do indicate that a plane has winglets, but that doesn't have any use, and you'd be on the plane by the time you figured that out!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Delta 764
Actually, JFK-TXL will be one of the flat-bed 76T routes this summer. Here is the full list of flat-bed 76T and 76D routes this summer:

JFK:
  • JFK-AMM (76T, June 1)
  • JFK-BUD (76T, June 21)
  • JFK-CAI (76T, June 1)
  • JFK-LHR (3x 76D, existing service)
  • JFK-MAD (76D, April 1)
  • JFK-MXP (76D, April 15)
  • JFK-NCE (76D, June 15)
  • JFK-SVO (76D, June 16)
  • JFK-TXL (76T, June 16)
  • JFK-VCE (76D, June 15 to July 13)

ATL:
  • ATL-FCO (76D, July 14)
  • ATL-FRA (76D, June 1)
  • ATL-GRU (76D, existing service)
  • ATL-LHR (76D, existing service)
  • ATL-MUC (76D, existing service)

DTW:
  • DTW-FRA (76D, June 1)
  • DTW-LHR (76D, existing service)

MSP:
  • MSP-LHR (76D, existing service)

BOS:
  • BOS-LHR (2x 76D from March 27 to June 15, 2x 76T from June 16 onward)

MIA:
  • MIA-LHR (76D, March 27)
Are flights like JFK-TXL not using lie flats in November or at the seatmaps simply not loaded into delta.com as yet?
Old Feb 21, 2011, 9:03 pm

I absolutely loved the lieflats on DL's 764. and from what i see, they're are also being introduced on the 763. my question is what the H is DL waiting for to complete the install? I may be off on my numbers, but it seems CO has donr their retro of the 777 and 757 pretty quick, however with no action on the 767's.

they havent made much progress on the 772ER's, all of the 764's or hardly any of the 763's. what's the deal?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.