Can now accept schedule changes online

Old Oct 14, 2009, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Can now accept schedule changes online

It appears that starting today you can accept some schedule changes online. I was just looking at my Christmas itin yesterday after they changed the schedule once again on the outbound and return as they keep messing with lone SAN-CVG direct flight timing and nothing was different with the screen. Today I went back in and there was a yellow box at the top with a button to accept the changes they had made.

A big ^ to DL for getting this portion of the NW technology integrated - especially when they constantly change flights by minutes.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 3:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Very cool. I had a tiny schedule change, but was too lazy to call/ chat to get it fixed. Just checked and theres a big green banner at the top of the itin
"There has been a change affecting one or more of your flights. Your itinerary has been updated."

They did it for me. I don't mind, but I hope this isn't stand practice- especially with large time changes.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
To the OP was this domestic or international? Problems with seats? What cabin?
Old Oct 14, 2009, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
It was domestic only itin. Can't seem to see a seat map on one leg now (on an RJ) so not sure if that is just a problem with that equipment or with the schedule change function. Other leg is fine.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
^ A definite improvement
Old Oct 14, 2009, 5:05 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Awesome! I also had an Xmas domestic itin with schedule changes and the button seemed to work! No problem keeping the seats on the changed DL operated flights. I did get kicked out of the bulkhead on one of the NW flights, however.

Finally a real improvement to the website!
Old Oct 14, 2009, 5:24 pm

Interestingly I didn't get this button online BUT all of the pending schedule changes disappeared and some flights have the check mark, others don't. No selecting anything.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Thank God for this! I always thought it was a huge waste of time to have to call or do online chat to clean up or fix a schedule change reservation.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
Great change! ^

Although, I had a 6 segment itinerary with an international component, with 1 segment indicating a schedule change. When I confirmed, FOUR of the segments indicated successfully changed with green check marks.

If I recall, there were previously scheduled changes to those flights in the past (that I confirmed with an agent a month or two ago).

Thank goodness delta implemented this. It was driving me crazy even that when we call, we couldn't even do it via the IVR; it required agent intervention.

For those who are wondering, it does confirm in green with a message: "You have acknowledged the flight change affecting one or more of you flights, and your itinerary has been updated. "
Old Oct 14, 2009, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Interestingly I didn't get this button online BUT all of the pending schedule changes disappeared and some flights have the check mark, others don't. No selecting anything.
This is definitely cool. ^

I think that at 60 days out the schedule changes are still being automatically processed. This new enhancement allows us to accept schedule change PNR's more then 60 days out and then we can assign or change seats or flights without having to call an agent.

Originally Posted by reddawngrl
I had check marks on mine but no changes this past week. I take the marks to mean those are segments that have had changes made in the past which reflects accurately on mine. The ones without checks are still confirmed, just no change to that particular segment.

And this is definitely true that the green arrow shows up for any past flight or a flight that has been through a schedule change in the past so we know what the changes are / were and compare it to the original. 4 out of my 6 next trips suddenly have arrows on segments that changed the time a little or the flight #.

It's true that the schedule changes are run so often that this feature is a neat self-service option. Or you can still call

Last edited by varjak831; Oct 14, 2009 at 9:56 pm
Old Oct 15, 2009, 4:27 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Considering the quantity of reported schedule changes, I'd be suprised if this wasn't the #1 prod-support non-outage change-request,... and that it took so long to implement.

nwa.com had this for quite some time.

Seem to remember my last remaining NW award ticket had to have a schedule change approved, after they shuffled the Japan flights a bit (change was just a few minutes). Did it all online, never talked/chatted with a person.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Great improvement to the website! Was able to clear minor changes on two itineraries that are still several months out.

The only issue I can see is, what happens if its one of those changes where the system gives you impossible connections or drops a flight entirely and you click on the continue button? Does it screw things up when you call to get it fixed, since it shows as already making a change to the flight? Would be great if there was also an option to change/modify flights for free 1 time if the proposed change isn't acceptable.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 8:58 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by rylan
Great improvement to the website! Was able to clear minor changes on two itineraries that are still several months out.

The only issue I can see is, what happens if its one of those changes where the system gives you impossible connections or drops a flight entirely and you click on the continue button? Does it screw things up when you call to get it fixed, since it shows as already making a change to the flight? Would be great if there was also an option to change/modify flights for free 1 time if the proposed change isn't acceptable.
If you click on the continue button with that much concern, then you get what the system gives you. If you end up in that situation, then it's time to call, and use your Elite status to get what you want.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 9:03 am

Programs: DL: DM / Royal Ambassador /PC:Plat / Hertz:5*
This was noted yesterday in another thread -

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...mark-mean.html
Old Oct 15, 2009, 12:04 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by rylan

I had a change on an international itinerary recently with this exact problem- the new trans-atlantic flight times caused me to arrive in MSP after the international flight departed. In that case, clicking the button said "We're sorry, this change cannot be processed online, please call" and a number.

The dumb part was, when I called the number, they said, "Oh, sorry, this is an award ticket change, so we can't deal with it, we have to send you over to skymiles..."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.