Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can now accept schedule changes online

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2009, 11:14 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Now able to make changes too

Originally Posted by pitbrian
"There has been a change affecting one or more of your flights. Your itinerary has been updated."
I received this message a few weeks ago for an upcoming itinerary, and I clicked continue to confirm. This is how it stayed for a couple weeks. I checked the itinerary today and the same message now says:

"There has been a change affecting one or more of your flights. Your itinerary has been updated.
- If you are unhappy with this updated itinerary, you may be eligible to change your flights(s) by clicking the Change Flights button below (Conditions apply)"

It would seem that this DL.com feature has been further improved to allow you to not only accept the schedule change, but rebook as necessary within the terms & conditions. In case you want to know, if you click "Conditions apply" a window pops up that says:

"Conditions apply
If a Delta schedule or routing change has delayed your departure or arrival by more than one hour, you may be eligible to select an alternate flight at no additional charge. Note that the below conditions may apply:
Your origin, destination and travel date must remain the same
Alternate flights must be available, and you can only modify once as subsequent changes may result in additional fees
Voluntary changes to other flights not impacted by a Delta schedule change may result in additional fees"

Thanks, DL. I see this useful in the future where the updated itinerary doesn't provide enough connection time, etc.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
I received this message a few weeks ago for an upcoming itinerary, and I clicked continue to confirm. This is how it stayed for a couple weeks. I checked the itinerary today and the same message now says:

"There has been a change affecting one or more of your flights. Your itinerary has been updated.
- If you are unhappy with this updated itinerary, you may be eligible to change your flights(s) by clicking the Change Flights button below (Conditions apply)"

It would seem that this DL.com feature has been further improved to allow you to not only accept the schedule change, but rebook as necessary within the terms & conditions. In case you want to know, if you click "Conditions apply" a window pops up that says:

"Conditions apply
If a Delta schedule or routing change has delayed your departure or arrival by more than one hour, you may be eligible to select an alternate flight at no additional charge. Note that the below conditions may apply:
Your origin, destination and travel date must remain the same
Alternate flights must be available, and you can only modify once as subsequent changes may result in additional fees
Voluntary changes to other flights not impacted by a Delta schedule change may result in additional fees"

Thanks, DL. I see this useful in the future where the updated itinerary doesn't provide enough connection time, etc.
One of my international itins says exactly as above...so I select the change itin icon, select new flights, and the resulting page shows no fees and no balance due...so I continue on and then it asks for my credit card info, which raised a red flag for me. Why does DL need a CC for essentially a zero balance? I call the Medallion desk and CSA unable to see schedule changes so I'm switched over to IT support. IT support claims there was only a flt # change so I'm not eligible for a schedule change unless I pay for it I walk IT through every screen but IT maintains that $$ is due for selecting different flights. For clarification, the outbound had a 10 min later departure for the connecting flight out of ATL and a flight # change (no big deal and I agree with this), but the inbound return now has a 3.5 hr layover in ATL which, apparently, IT does not recognize. I wanted an earlier departure out of ATL to decrease the layover time. I'll call back later to try again.
Agree that the new functionality of accepting minor schedule and flight # changes is a positive step but, in this case, it has left me underwhelmed and disappointed.

Last edited by gsorob; Nov 4, 2009 at 12:54 pm Reason: For clarification
Old Nov 4, 2009, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Interesting thing now for me... I had the message about schedule changes to some flights a few weeks ago and I clicked accept. Now I notice that there is another schedule change, however it doesn't give me the option to accept or change flights for this new change. It just says that my itinerary has been updated. So how does this work now... you only get to accept once and it carries through even when more changes occur? Pretty crappy if that is the case. It also did not highlight the new change... I noticed only because I kept track of what the flight times were.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
sorry to bump this old thread, but how do you accept the changes online? there are two buttons which are not super intuitive -- change, and cancel. i don't like seeing either of those commands on a super cheap F round trip to hawaii

I called to get the flights i wanted, just trying to make the PNR sync up and be OLCI eligible.

Here's what i see along with the change and cancel buttons.

FLIGHT INFORMATION

There has been a change affecting your trip. If you are not satisfied with this updated itinerary, you may be eligible to change your flight(s) at no extra cost. ( Conditions Apply)
If we are unable to accommodate a previously purchased Economy Comfort seat, Trip Extras or other trip purchases please select the 'Cancel' button to see eligibility.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You likely have the green check mark which means there's nothing to do (it's treating the change as accepted). It eventually moves to this state if you do nothing.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL PM+MM
How to accept schedule changes to select seats and upgrades

Lots of changes for ATL weather this week. I have the flights I want after two cancelled and waited on hold for an hour. However, I cannot select EC seats, or any seats until I "accept the schedule change". I have the green check mark. How long until this clears? I also suspect that I am not on the upgrade list until the change is accepted?
Old Feb 11, 2014, 4:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When you rebooked by phone, shouldn't the agent have cleared the schedule changes at that time? If you can call in again, this might be the best thing as it would be good to be able to do OLCI rather than risk long airport lines.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SrChief
Lots of changes for ATL weather this week. I have the flights I want after two cancelled and waited on hold for an hour. However, I cannot select EC seats, or any seats until I "accept the schedule change". I have the green check mark. How long until this clears? I also suspect that I am not on the upgrade list until the change is accepted?
I'm having this issue as well. It's showing a schedule change. It doesn't say what it is. I think it's just a flight number change.

But now I can't take advantage of the Comfort+ upgrade that was there a few days ago. Do I need to CALL Delta to get the change "accepted"?

So much for all the self-service you can supposedly do.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ijgordon
I'm having this issue as well. It's showing a schedule change. It doesn't say what it is. I think it's just a flight number change.

But now I can't take advantage of the Comfort+ upgrade that was there a few days ago. Do I need to CALL Delta to get the change "accepted"?

So much for all the self-service you can supposedly do.
Well, after 30 minutes on the phone with DL.com support, they can't get rid of the flight change message. They just tell me that there's "no longer an upgrade offer", which of course I don't believe -- the first time this itinerary had a flight change (which we did NOT accept), after they changed the flight to one of our choosing, the original C+ offer re-appeared. I just didn't take advantage of it at the time. Now she's quoting me a (higher) price for the fare difference, but I 95% believe the original offer really would be there if they could just get the message to go away.

I suspected the record was out-of-sync, as the flight number on the eTicket receipt was the old number, but she said when she looks at the ticket it has the new flight number.

I don't think the message will ever go away on its own. I have another reservation that had a flight change months ago, and is still showing the message.

Any other suggestions?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:03 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
IME inability to accept a schedule change online correlates with the itinerary saying, before the schedule change, "this itinerary cannot be changed online" which, again IME, only happens when I have a cert waitlisted. Presumably could happen if waitlisted with mileage also, and I'm willing to believe it happens in other cases :-/

But in all past instances where I cared, a call or tweet was able to get the record "cleaned up" in whatever way that the schedule change became accepted.

Did you get the sense that HUCA wouldn't help? Otherwise I'd call back and hope for an agent with more knowledge/initiative.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Well, after 30 minutes on the phone with DL.com support, they can't get rid of the flight change message. They just tell me that there's "no longer an upgrade offer", which of course I don't believe -- the first time this itinerary had a flight change (which we did NOT accept), after they changed the flight to one of our choosing, the original C+ offer re-appeared. I just didn't take advantage of it at the time. Now she's quoting me a (higher) price for the fare difference, but I 95% believe the original offer really would be there if they could just get the message to go away.

I suspected the record was out-of-sync, as the flight number on the eTicket receipt was the old number, but she said when she looks at the ticket it has the new flight number.

I don't think the message will ever go away on its own. I have another reservation that had a flight change months ago, and is still showing the message.

Any other suggestions?
What happens when you view the ticket receipt from clicking on your itinerary on delta.dumb? Do you see a new ticket number showing the new flight number?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What happens when you view the ticket receipt from clicking on your itinerary on delta.dumb? Do you see a new ticket number showing the new flight number?
No, the e-ticket receipt has the old flight number. But the agent said what she saw had the new flight number and ticket number.
Maybe it is a HUCA situation. Although she did apparently talk to a supervisor while I waited on hold.

Would the ticket need to be reissued (with a new ticket #) in the case of a flight number change? What to be clear about what I need to ask them to do. Thx!
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
I've wondered about this. For an upcoming flight (still 7 weeks out) I was getting upgrade offers to D1 for quite a while... Until I got hit with a Saturday schedule change. Nothing crazy, and I accepted (and continue to when it happens) but the offers disappeared and I've not seen once since. I've wondered if the banner was supposed to go away, but it appears to 'stick'.

Would there be anyway to call to see if I should be getting offers or not? I don't have any status so I don't imagine I'd get a lot of help with regular CS...
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is quite frustrating. So the actual e-ticket has been revalidated with the new flight number (I had them re-email me the eticket receipts), but when you pull up the "receipt" on DL.dumb, it shows the original flight number. Seems the website thinks the reservation is out of sync, and I suspect this is what triggers that Flight Change notification language, and prevents the website from offering the option to purchase C+ or FC upgrades. I have two itineraries like this (one already upgraded to C+, but was previously showing a FC "offer").

I spoke to one rep in reservations and two in website support, the last one was "writing it up" to send to the "product support desk" or something, with expected resolution in ~4 hours (it's been almost 24)...

Are they trying to upsell people or not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.