Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Miles didn't post after flight even though SM # included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2009, 8:26 am
Original Poster

My miles usually post immediately upon scanning of my boarding past. After my flights last night, they still have not posted as of this posting. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a system glitch or is there some problem with my account?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 8:30 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, Priority Club Platinum Elite
This seems to be a fairly widespread problem at the moment! Let's ALL hope that DL figure out what the problem is and rectify it fast!
Old Oct 12, 2009, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
With the merger, the backbone for the SM system was switched to NW's. It should take up to 24 hours for flight activity to post.

On your SM activity page...
Flight activity can take up to 24 hours to post to your account.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dollerman73
This seems to be a fairly widespread problem at the moment! Let's ALL hope that DL figure out what the problem is and rectify it fast!
Care explain the practical benefit to a significant fraction of SkyMiles account holders of miles posting immediately (the old DL standard for DL-op flights), versus miles posting 24 hours later? This is a non-issue, IMO.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:17 am

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Care explain the practical benefit to a significant fraction of SkyMiles account holders of miles posting immediately (the old DL standard for DL-op flights), versus miles posting 24 hours later? This is a non-issue, IMO.
Well for me since Oct 1 the segments are not posting in the order flown, when they finally post 24 or so hours later. It makes it harder to determine if you are missing miles.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
I'm still missing a segment 7 days after the flight. I requested credit online after 4 days. I will be patient a little while longer, but I have my boarding pass just in case I need to fax it in.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I've not gotten credit yet for flights on 10/4 and 10/8. I'm still holding onto the BPs for these flights - I'll probably wait till next Monday since it'll have been 2+ weeks for one flight, and over a week for the other one.

Both flights were on NW metal (I'm a legacy South person)...JFK-MSP and MSP-EWR.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA, VX, VS, UA
Had a similar problem. Two flights on NW metal and from the time of booking to flight times, DL made some kind of administrative change to my ticket and the miles weren't posted until 6 days after flying. The miles posted 3 days after I put in an online mileage request and made a phone call.

As the others are saying, this seems to be common during this period.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 8:51 pm

Programs: SkyMiles Silver, OnePass Gold, AAdvantage Gold, AS, NW, US, UA, LH
Speaking of this sudden delay. How long does it usually take (or how long is it supposed to take) for KLM flights (on a KLM ticket) to post to the SkyMiles account?
Old Oct 14, 2009, 4:14 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, Priority Club Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
It may be an anal quality I know, but as others have commented, for those flying daily, and there are many on this forum, it does make keeping mileage reconciliations much easier...
Old Oct 14, 2009, 7:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM/Amex Reserve 2 Million Miler
The Skymiles system as we knew it before 10/01/09 is now BROKEN....

1.for example 2 flights flown 10/9 five days ago 1 posted one did not...two flights flown 10/12 neither has posted...you called SMS and no one knows anything and they say they will send it to skymiles service center and still nothing happens

2. Platinum upgrades 5 days out for my flights are not clearing.(they do show available)....i go to delta.com and buy a new dummy new ticket for exact same flights and they clear about 5 minutes later..go figure..something in the coding for tickets bought prior 10/02/09..

3.the sms phone system prompts all changed 10/1/09..the agents i'm getting seem different..or they are just playing dumb..i can't figure that out either..

4.in the skymiles activity page on the web its hard to read in logically order with all the jumble about air activity and non air activity and data migration

5.partner points from alamo and avis have not posted at all since 10/1/09

6.On two occassions I have found fares cheaper by the hundreds of dollars on nwa.com verses delta.com

Bottom line...why do we the customers have to put up with all this crap...the Skymiles program "accounting system" is BROKEN and has gone backward since 10/1/09...time to spread my business to some other carriers
Old Oct 14, 2009, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by robnsfla
Bottom line...why do we the customers have to put up with all this crap...the Skymiles program "accounting system" is BROKEN and has gone backward since 10/1/09...time to spread my business to some other carriers
The switchover to NW's backbone system for the FF program has definitely done some funky things. And of course time is wasted waiting to see if it'll be fixed and e-mails to be written. But be careful on your complaining, you're setting yourself up to be attacked. NW > DL.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 8:50 pm

My Oct 8th and 11th segments on DL metal have not posted.

I have noticed that your last name is now required to sign into your SkyMiles account. I'm wondering if the credit problem is a name match error. For example, my SkyMiles account is "F City Traveler" (always has been) and my ticket is "Fog City Traveler" (to match drivers license/Passport).
Old Oct 15, 2009, 2:16 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Just as an FYI, this is certainly not normal for the NW system. We are accustomed to miles posting within 24 hours of the completion of the flight. I think integration has taken a toll on the system as things are not normal for WP or SM members.

I also do not think the name matching is the issue either. I am still waiting for several post 10/1 NW and KL flights to post. All were booked under the same name I always used and had my WP number in the res months ago. I assume all the changes mean there will be a lot more manual processing until the kinks get worked out. Rest assured, if the former NW WP folks intend to keep the standards as they were before, flights on KLM/AF/DL/NW should all post within 24 hours. Other partners may take longer.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by New York City Flyer
Speaking of this sudden delay. How long does it usually take (or how long is it supposed to take) for KLM flights (on a KLM ticket) to post to the SkyMiles account?
Not sure about KLM, but prior to 2009-10-01 an Alitalia flight posted in 3-4 days. After 2009-10-01 an Air France ticket (with the FF # printed on the ticket) hasn't posted in over 2 weeks after the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.