Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL terminal move at PHL and new Sky Club as a result [Now Open]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL terminal move at PHL and new Sky Club as a result [Now Open]

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2011, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by jimrpa
That's why you're supposed to stop by the massage parlor first - to limber up before you crawl around on the SkyClub floor
Or, at my age, perhaps after I crawl around on the SkyClub floor.
Old May 3, 2011, 5:00 am

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure it's a mid-west versus "coast" (both east and west) thing. I've always said "soda" up and down the east coast. I remember when my parents moved to Detroit, everyone there called it "pop" or occasionally "soda pop". I've friends from Pittsburgh, and they'll sometimes refer to it as "pop".
Enjoy: http://www.popvssoda.com/countystats/total-county.html.
Old May 3, 2011, 8:35 am

Programs: DL Diamond;AA Gold; UA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Plat
I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure it's a mid-west versus "coast" (both east and west) thing. I've always said "soda" up and down the east coast. I remember when my parents moved to Detroit, everyone there called it "pop" or occasionally "soda pop". I've friends from Pittsburgh, and they'll sometimes refer to it as "pop". They'll also refer to those containers that grocery stores put your purchases in as "sacks", not "bags". Very odd.
There are a lot of regional terms

I grew up in Boston and always called it "tonic", as do my parents, my wife, and my in-laws. When I was in college I remember my roommates being confused by the tonic aisle that contained all sorts of soft-drinks.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 7:25 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm at the PHL SC right now (only person here in fact) and I must say it's an impressive club. The lighting and ceilings do a good job concealing the fact that there are no windows and the agent on duty is very friendly.

However, I wish there were more signs. I flew in on US and walked all the way to the end of the D Concourse and couldn't find the club. Eventually, I had to ask a gate agent where it is. While walking back, I noticed numerous signs pointing the way to the United Club, but none to the Skyclub.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 7:35 am

To know what is where, one needs to read Flyertalk!
Old Aug 19, 2012, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm at the PHL SC right now (only person here in fact) and I must say it's an impressive club. The lighting and ceilings do a good job concealing the fact that there are no windows and the agent on duty is very friendly.

However, I wish there were more signs. I flew in on US and walked all the way to the end of the D Concourse and couldn't find the club. Eventually, I had to ask a gate agent where it is. While walking back, I noticed numerous signs pointing the way to the United Club, but none to the Skyclub.
Those signs pointing to the UA club have been there for years, probably 5-10 minimum. Also notice many of them still have the UA tulip.

But I agree, unless you come from the D/E checkpoint it is tough to find the DL club.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nova08
Those signs pointing to the UA club have been there for years, probably 5-10 minimum. Also notice many of them still have the UA tulip.
every sign I saw had the new globe logo on it.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
No wonder no one was there when this thread was reactivated !

Bob H
Old Aug 21, 2012, 4:30 pm

Really, I thought I've seen at least 2 or 3 with the old tulip though it was a few weeks ago.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by nova08
Really, I thought I've seen at least 2 or 3 with the old tulip though it was a few weeks ago.
Well think about it, they didn't come up with the name "United Club" until the merger and by then they'd updated the logo so it stands to reason any sign saying United Club will have a Globe, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.