Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

I got my integration Welcome to DL packet today

Old Oct 7, 09, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, Marriott Plat

which includes a welcome letter and a Gold Medallion card expiring 02/10. First, I have been a WP Plat for more than a month now. Second, I already got a GM card expiring 02/11. So thanks Delta. Good job.
Old Oct 7, 09, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
What does your status show on DL.com?
Old Oct 7, 09, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL platinum
Originally Posted by hw711 View Post
which includes a welcome letter and a Gold Medallion card expiring 02/10. First, I have been a WP Plat for more than a month now. Second, I already got a GM card expiring 02/11. So thanks Delta. Good job.

It could be worse. I've been demoted even more than you. Platinum here, but just got my SILVER welcome packet. Both NW and DL sites correctly reflect my Platinum status, but all I've got now to show for it are measly silver colored plastic luggage tags.
Old Oct 7, 09, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zsmith2 View Post
What does your status show on DL.com?
It was GM before integration, now it's PM after my WP PE status moved over.
Old Oct 7, 09, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott LT Titanium
There is a Q&A as part of the FAQ that Delta posted about this exact topic.

DL tried to pre-empt some of the cards to be mailed and sent out a batch in September before accounts were merged. If you receive a package with the wrong elite level you're not to worry...a new package has been sent out. DL has mailed thousands of them this week (supposedly) after the accounts merged to anyone who has a change in elite level.

-RM
Old Oct 7, 09, 9:09 pm

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
"I RECEIVED THE WRONG SKYMILES MEDALLION CREDENTIALS PACKAGE. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

This credential package reflects your status as of September 1, 2009.
If your status changed between September 1, 2009 and today, you will receive your new updated credentials packet in 4 weeks. However, your current status is already recognized in our systems and you will receive all of the applicable Medallion benefits when flying on either Delta or Northwest flights."

Before you complain, please READ the information they sent you! Merging these two programs is a monumental task, and I have to admit that so far I am impressed with the plan and the process that has been put in place. My WP miles were moved to my DL SM account on Oct. 1, and then today the miles I earned between Oct. 1 and 6 were again moved to my SM account. It appears there is a well thought out procedure that is being implemented. It just takes a little time to do things like print new Medallion plastic cards and send out mailings. Perhaps we have all gotten used to "instant updates" and "instant gratifications"???? Chill out, please!

Needless to say, I was quite surprised and pleased by the "Welcome Gift" from Tiffany's that Delta included in my packet as a former NW Plat. There are many things that I have been disappointed with during the past year of this merger process, but there have also been many things that have surprised and even astounded me. I am still willing to sit back and see how this whole merger proceeds before making some rash decision like moving on!
Old Oct 7, 09, 9:12 pm

Just curious... were there any drink coupons in the packet?
Old Oct 7, 09, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by humanoid94 View Post
Just curious... were there any drink coupons in the packet?
Nop, just a card and letter.

Originally Posted by mrcimino1 View Post
It appears there is a well thought out procedure that is being implemented.
And my issue is more that I already got a DL GM card prior to the integration so why are they wasting money to print/send me another one. That just made me feel like they DIDN'T plan this thoroughly.

If I were in charge of integration, I'd

1. gather the mapping of SM/WP accounts
2. merge the accounts
3. replace all the old WP # reference with new SM # in system
4. print new creditial and mail them out

2 and 3 can (and should) be programmed to excute immediately one after another. This way, the there wouldn't be as many inconsistency problems.

It makes no sense to print out 1 month old creditial only to have to redo them later.

I'm a software developer for a trading firm so I guess I'm more used to thinking any major deployment very very thoroughly cause any screw up can cost the company a lot of money and me my job.
Old Oct 7, 09, 9:50 pm

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by hw711 View Post
Nop, just a card and letter.

And my issue is more that I already got a DL GM card prior to the integration so why are they wasting money to print/send me another one. That just made me feel like they DIDN'T plan this thoroughly.

If I were in charge of integration, I'd

1. gather the mapping of SM/WP accounts
2. merge the accounts
3. replace all the old WP # reference with new SM # in system
4. print new creditial and mail them out

2 and 3 can (and should) be programmed to excute immediately one after another. This way, the there wouldn't be as many inconsistency problems.

It makes no sense to print out 1 month old creditial only to have to redo them later.

I'm a software developer for a trading firm so I guess I'm more used to thinking any major deployment very very thoroughly cause any screw up can cost the company a lot of money and me my job.
I agree with your way of thinking and do it the same with my clients, but if you read this forum DL/NW does not have the most understanding or patient client base. I am sure they were tryng to be pro-active to keep the "no-no penguins*" somewhat placated. Either way they were screwed with this population

** no-no penguins references "Our Iceberg is Melting" (which is a book on change management by John Kotter)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: