FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Access to KLM lounge with Delta Sky Club ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1003488-access-klm-lounge-delta-sky-club.html)

kalinkula Oct 7, 2009 2:11 pm

Access to KLM lounge with Delta Sky Club ?

Hi all,

i was wondering, if i can enter one of the KLM crown lounges in AMS as a member of Delta Sky Club - i have to say, i am on a 30 day membership.
Can i bring a guest (my spouse) ?

Does anybody have exprience or advise ?

Thanks in advance,
regards,
K.

AndyTLe Oct 7, 2009 2:27 pm

Welcome to FT.

Yes to access. Yes to spouse.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp

kalinkula Oct 7, 2009 3:31 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

I was just a bit insecure, because on the delta.com website it says for the 30 day membership:

"(At partner lounges, guest access is subject to the policies of each lounge partner. Delta Sky Club cannot guarantee guest entry at partner lounge locations.)"

Are you sure, that this will work for my spouse then ? And the class i am flying does not matter ?

Thanks again.

AndyTLe Oct 7, 2009 3:49 pm

IIRC, spouse is allowed.

There is no specific mention of guest limitations in this PDF found from this website.

kalinkula Dec 7, 2009 12:43 pm

...too bad ?

I am travelling from Montreal to Amsterdam on Dec 23rd and planning to get the 30day pass of Delta Sky Club again. Now i saw that i can only access the Crown Lounge 52 - F gates, 2nd floor in AMS. I have to say, i have a connection flight to Cologne, so i would appreciate a lounge in the Schengen area.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks a lot - K

ScottinMEM Dec 7, 2009 12:57 pm

I just flew through AMS and was able to get into both the Crown Lounge locations with my 30-day Sky Club membership. However, the agents at the front said my travelling companion could not enter with me as all I had was a temporary membership card. He is SkyTeam Elite Plus anyway so it didn't matter, but you might have issues getting in with a guest using a temporary membership card.

kalinkula Dec 7, 2009 1:13 pm

Hmmmm

Too bad for the guest, as i was certain, that this should not be a problem, when i read that a 30 day pass member can bring up to 2 guests:

I also just realized, that after my flight from Montreal to Amsterdam i will be a FB gold member (i currently have appr. 39.000 level miles...). Anyone thinks that this might help ? And furthjermore: Its christmas morning...

Thanks!

fti Dec 7, 2009 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by kalinkula (Post 12942323)
Too bad for the guest, as i was certain, that this should not be a problem, when i read that a 30 day pass member can bring up to 2 guests:

I also just realized, that after my flight from Montreal to Amsterdam i will be a FB gold member (i currently have appr. 39.000 level miles...). Anyone thinks that this might help ? And furthjermore: Its christmas morning...

Thanks!

Print the rules and bring them with you, but KLM's favorite sentence is, "That is not possible, sir."

kalinkula Dec 7, 2009 2:04 pm

So i guess, all we can do is hope (that even dragons celebrate christmas)..

JoelDW Dec 7, 2009 2:32 pm

Don't want to be the messenger of disappointment, but I have been present at KLM agents sending Sky club member away saying that only Elite plus (i.e PM) on Skyteam flights can enjoy thier service.

kalinkula Dec 7, 2009 2:46 pm

oh man....i am wondering: what can you rely on these days ? I am travelling with KLM. Upon the day of arrival i am practically a gold member. Plus: I am on a 30 day sky club pass and still noone can really confirm to me, that i will have access in AMS...i think - when nothing helps - i will go with the "But its christmas, lady. Dont you have a heart ?" - tactic. Lets see if that helps.

DeltaFirst Dec 7, 2009 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by kalinkula (Post 12942967)
oh man....i am wondering: what can you rely on these days ? I am travelling with KLM. Upon the day of arrival i am practically a gold member. Plus: I am on a 30 day sky club pass and still noone can really confirm to me, that i will have access in AMS...i think - when nothing helps - i will go with the "But its christmas, lady. Dont you have a heart ?" - tactic. Lets see if that helps.

They generally won't let you in if for example you own a regular Sky Club membership and are traveling on a non-skyteam ticket. To access most airline lounges of int'l clubs, to be a plat in their alliance usually is king. That said, in my experience, KLM tends to be the most forgiving. Good Luck.

CaseyN2 Dec 7, 2009 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by kalinkula (Post 12942323)

Thanks!

How can you make gold after your flight from Montreal to Amsterdam.
39000 and approx 4000 = 43000 approx. Which is still 7000 from Gold elite.

From experience with the Dutch ladies in the lounges the answer will be .
" This is not possible"

DJMeatBall Dec 7, 2009 4:21 pm

Delta hasn't sent me a new SkyClubs card so I've been relying upon my old WorldClubs card (with a measly 3 year membership). In terms of Europe lounge access, I am guessing Delta (in their continuing quest & enthusiasm to erase any & all NWA brand identity) has scrubbed the images of WorldClub cards from those guidebooks that European Lounge matrons use to validate that a card is permissible for entry.

Should I ask Delta to mail me a new SkyClubs card?

GenevaFlyer Dec 7, 2009 5:41 pm

Hi Casey,

Originally Posted by CaseyN2 (Post 12943354)
How can you make gold after your flight from Montreal to Amsterdam.
39000 and approx 4000 = 43000 approx. Which is still 7000 from Gold elite.

From experience with the Dutch ladies in the lounges the answer will be .
" This is not possible"

For FB (as stated by Kalinka), Gold is at 40K, not 50K. However, if Kalinka is North America based, that doesn't change anything, since NA Gold is only Elite not Elite Plus, and thus no lounge access.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer