Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

CO poaching DL/NW Elites, SkyClub/WC members..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO poaching DL/NW Elites, SkyClub/WC members..

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2009, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL-GM/MM, DL-SC (lifetime), Hilton Diamond
Smile

Originally Posted by iiwii
A clarification - the status should be matched within 24 hours and you will receive the new OP credentials within 6 weeks...hope this helps!

So, I called CO SWAP today around 1 PM, spent about 15 min on the phone with the rep (international ticket sales), had to provide my old NW number, they could not access the new DL number, got a match confirmation on the phone, 3 hrs later I received an e-mail that my 1-Pass account had be upgraded to platinum through the end of Feb 2011. Cards to follow.

I checked the web and the status is reflected. I'm not sure that I'll ever use it but it's nice to have just in case.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Did you get matched to dl plat or co plat. If Dl plat what is this co swap number?
Old Oct 8, 2009, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I'm really tempted by the CO offer, since I travel on my own dime.
But starting later this month, since they won't be carrying any NW pax to EWR/IAH to connect, CO will fly ONLY Jungle Jets on MSP-EWR and MSP-IAH! Meaning, 2-3 hour flights to connect. Yuck.
Otherwise, I do prefer CO's service, generally newer planes, and treatment of Plats.
I will decide soon whether to give CO a try.....
Old Oct 8, 2009, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
agree on the jungle jets to get a connection.... but CO Plat brings along star alliance gold which seems worthwhile to have.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 9:05 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond since inception
Easy as pie - sent and email with my current 120K eqm's for the year and a scan of my card late Tuesday night and Wednesday AM email I am CO platinum. That was sure easy
Old Oct 8, 2009, 9:19 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by kyushuman
I'm really tempted by the CO offer, since I travel on my own dime.
But starting later this month, since they won't be carrying any NW pax to EWR/IAH to connect, CO will fly ONLY Jungle Jets on MSP-EWR and MSP-IAH! Meaning, 2-3 hour flights to connect. Yuck.
Otherwise, I do prefer CO's service, generally newer planes, and treatment of Plats.
I will decide soon whether to give CO a try.....
I find the CO ERJs a lot more tolerable than the old NW CRJs. There is a single row and much more padding in the seats. Still a small plane, but at least bearable.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 9:46 pm

Programs: DL Dm, CO Silver Elite, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, National Exec Elite, Marriott SLVR
just called and was told co service center closed for night. just sent email though so we'll see in the am....i'm over 175 k for the year and was thinking about trying to earn status on another airline for the rest of this year. this made it easy...
Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:41 am

Sent an email with my new DL silver statement on yesterday afternoon to CO. Got note today "Congratulations on becoming a CO silver elite" good until Feb 2011. Thanks Flyer Talk members for the heads up!
Old Oct 9, 2009, 9:22 am

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
Originally Posted by cliburn
agree on the jungle jets to get a connection.... but CO Plat brings along star alliance gold which seems worthwhile to have.
I've had *A gold for the last 2 years (via TG Gold), and have not found it very worthwhile to have outside the airline I have status with. I didn't even bother trying to make it for next year (and I have flown enough to make it along with DL DM and AA EXP)

Your milage may vary.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 9:26 am

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
Originally Posted by robbert
I find the CO ERJs a lot more tolerable than the old NW CRJs. There is a single row and much more padding in the seats. Still a small plane, but at least bearable.
I find all the ERJ140/145 and CRJ200/500/700s
intolerable for more than a 1 hour flight, regardless of the operating carrier (DL/NW/CO/AA). Flying them on 2 hour plus routes is tantamount to torture that should be considered a violation of international treaties on human rights.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: AA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by wheeze
Sent an email with my new DL silver statement on yesterday afternoon to CO. Got note today "Congratulations on becoming a CO silver elite" good until Feb 2011. Thanks Flyer Talk members for the heads up!
Same here. Good stuff!
Old Oct 9, 2009, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by PMMMDL
I find all the ERJ140/145 and CRJ200/500/700s
intolerable for more than a 1 hour flight.
Why? They're just like Lear Jets or Gulfstreams, but with more room and a few more seats.

Returning to the topic, people, remember, status match is usually once in a lifetime; so save it until you actually will use it, don't just do it because you can.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 11:05 am

Programs: PC Plat, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, United Silver, DL Plat, IC Gold, Hertz. #1, AMX Plat
If CO doesn't upgrade a CO award ticket, so? Neither does DL. Flew NW Tues, was upgraded on an award ticket. Return award flight on DL, told absolutely no upgrades on DL, all booked NWA.com. I just try to avoid any flights on DL if possble until years end.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 3:56 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Originally Posted by transportbiz
On board the so called FC cabin had NO attendant, no drinks were offered as they were far too busy talking to each other at the entry door (mid cabin, 757-200) yes an "NW" flight. This was followed by a couple FAA mistakes, that I will NOT even get into here.

After take off the pax in the coach seats behind me were offered their first beverage service, BEFORE it began in FC. Which really is one of those "whatever" things for me...but all added up I am sitting there trying to figure out what service the new DL does offer.

Requests by several passengers kept being "forgotten", and again there was much conversation going on between the FA's. Even the last of the coffee cups and glasses were not picked up before landing.

Even the SkyClub at lax was lacking service, packed with ONE person handling the bar by herself.

So, while many seem to be perfectly happy paying a premium price for a mass market level service, I am not. I have not issue with paying more, but I expect to get service when I do.
Were you on my flight from LAX-MSP in FC? No, actually, I was never offered drink service nor a snack basket....only got something when I stopped the FA for a drink and they didn't pick it up so had to hold the glass during landing so that it didn't go flying....
Old Oct 9, 2009, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL Dm, CO Silver Elite, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, National Exec Elite, Marriott SLVR
woke up this am to find myself a platinum until feb 2011...should help with occasional IAH or trips on united

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.