Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Removed WP # added SM #, won't recognize status

Old Oct 3, 09, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, WN A-List w/CP, UA Silver, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle

Silly me -- Now that my NW status has ported over to Delta (and I see it when I log into my SM account), I figured it would be smart to remove my WP number from my reservation on Monday and add my SkyMiles number instead (so that I could see the reservation on delta.com when logging in).

Once my SM number was added, I didn't see the upgrade status box any longer (and status wasn't listed below SM number)...I called Delta and after being put on hold for 20 minutes was told that this is an issue they are aware of and are working on. There was also no way to add back in my NW number...I guess I'll have to be added to the standby upgrade list at the gate?
Old Oct 3, 09, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Deltamatic does status update runs sat night / sun morning. So, it's possible that one system isn't showing your elite status yet, even though it does show it when you log in. Try waiting until Sunday and see what happens, perhaps delete and re-add it on Sunday.
Old Oct 3, 09, 12:17 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
It was communicated very clearly that you do NOT need to do anything with existing reservations. I have not touched mine. Got my UG yesterday. With all the info here, seems like people should read before acting!
Old Oct 3, 09, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, WN A-List w/CP, UA Silver, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
relax!

Sure I didn't need to do anything, but managing all reservations after logging into my SkyMiles account is far easier than having to search for ones tied to my WP account number individually.

In this clear communication that you mention, did it say that status wouldn't automatically be recognized in a reservation when deleting one program and adding another?
Old Oct 3, 09, 2:25 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
YEP, do not change your FFP #s on existing reservations....

I suffered for that today.. 45 minutes trying to checkin at JFK this am... good thing I left and expected to be there >90 minutes early .... plus did not get an UG on 757. Two base members were on manifest who got an UG per the very nice and empathetic FA in my Y area. Today was the first time I have not gotten an UG when there was a F cabin on a plane in >6 years! And to think I will not even get my 1000 mile bonus for having to sit in Y, as the NW Plat UG Guarantee has been taken away too!

It is good to check the reservations, but DO not change anything.

BTW, maybe we got different emails, but mine told me I was a PLAT MEDALLION. How are NW folks suppossed to know the system intricacies of DL yet???? Give us a break.

Good luck everyone.... hope you have a better DL experience at the airport than I did today...
Old Oct 3, 09, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Yes don't do anything, or else it will affect your UG's. However, one thing in another thread "DL/NW accts merged but Oct 1 flight accrued on WP acct and NOT SM acct" also has info about issues with miles posting at nwa.com (with DL ff# or NWA FF#) but not at dl.dumb.

Stay tuned, a few bugs to be worked out.
Old Oct 3, 09, 3:58 pm

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
System wants to charge $150.00 more

I am now a Delta Plat converted from NW Plat. Yesterday, I tried to book DTW to MCO for next week and it charges $150.00 fee for using miles for less then 3 days in advance booking. It was not recognizing my Platinum status. I called and Delta said fees billed on the web are not refundable so I must wait for the web site to fix the problem. Because I didn't want to pay $150.00 more, I booked a trip on Continental. It looks like Delta fixed this issue today.

The Delta system recognized my status as Platinum, but it was programmed to ignore the published rules which give a fee waiver for close in ticketing to PMs.
Old Oct 3, 09, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia., SPG Gold, MR Plat
Please, everyone change your FF # on all your reservaions ASAP so I can get my upgrades
Old Oct 3, 09, 5:37 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by GaryDD View Post
Please, everyone change your FF # on all your reservaions ASAP so I can get my upgrades
Exactly.
Old Oct 3, 09, 6:37 pm

Programs: PC Plat, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, United Silver, DL Plat, IC Gold, Hertz. #1, AMX Plat
Can I borrow your tag line?
DELTA - Driving Every Loyal Traveler Away
CO-Come Over to us!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: