Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First or business class-no under seat storage

Old Sep 30, 09, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Hi
I was on a 757-200 with 16 seats in first and all the audio-video equipment is stored under the seat so there is no room for luggage or pets. I didn't care for this trip since I was not traveling with my dog. The FA said often people board with their dogs only to realize that they have to sit in coach with them on this plane. Does anyone know if Delta has any other planes like this that I should avoid when traveling in first with the pooch?
Old Sep 30, 09, 2:52 pm

Thinking back to the time I flew F ATL-LGA and a woman brought a dog on the plane with her that relieved itself no fewer than two times during the flight, without an apology to the other passengers in F or the FAs who had to smell its business for 2 hours...I'd prefer you didn't bring it into F at all, personally.

That being said, SeatGuru is pretty good about noting seats that don't have any underseat storage.
Old Sep 30, 09, 2:53 pm

Never had this issue before. HOWEVER, the ex-TWA 757's with Business Elite seats allow pets and bags just behind the seat in front of you.

Was this what the seats looked like:

Old Sep 30, 09, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

WBurcham Thanks but now I'm confused. I think that was the plane I was on- Flight 703 from JFK to LAX and there was no under seat storage nor were we allowed to put anything in back of the seat in front of us. That's why I questioned the FA about the dog.

Abeforman329, not to turn this thread into should dogs be allowed in first class or not, but there was clearly something wrong with the woman who brought that dog on board. No dog, unless it was quite sick or a maybe a very young puppy, would relieve itself twice in its carrier on such a short flight; if this were the case a responsible owner would not take the dog on the flight at all. Also a responsible owner does not feed or give water to the dog prior to the flight. Believe me, I have been on many flights in first with my dog and no one even knows there is a dog on the flight. That being said, there are some irresponsible dog owners just as there are irresponsible parents with small children, people who do not bathe, people who wear too much perfume etc. etc. who are just inconsiderate. All of the aforementioned annoy others but they are the small minority of flyers. By the way, are you sure it was the dog and not the woman who relieved herself? Sorry for the rant but I couldn't let it go. Oh and I did check seatguru after the flight and there was no mention of the issue re under seat storage on these planes.

I'm almost afraid to ask but can anyone else help with the under seat storage issue? Thanks
Old Sep 30, 09, 4:25 pm

I've never had behind seat storage issues on the BE equipped planes. ALways have left my backpack and/or other bag directly behind the other seat.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: