Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

FLYNOW/STANDBY is this going away with the new changes OCT 1.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2009, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite

i keep getting tech failures today when trying to look at flight alternatives out of SNA. Thought maybe they jumped the gun and got rid of it early

thanks,

MNAudiS4
Old Sep 30, 2009, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec
While nwa.com checkin allows processing in the 24 hour window, the 'same day confirmed' and 'standby' options only show after 12 midnite on the actual day of travel. The screen may come up prior to midnite, but everything will show as 'unavailable'.

Switched a flight yesterday with SDC. Thought it worked fine, but it blew up and gave a message that the process was unable to be completed -- start over. Any changes that were made did save when going back into the process.

On check-in, it did not ask about comp UG nor did it place me on the UG standby list. Called the Elite line, was told that it was a glitch in the system when you switched flights. Could not be done manually.

At the airport, was told I was 'on the list' but not 'verified' so a battlefield did not clear. I already had a boarding pass but they did not know I was coming? GA manually put me on the UG list and snagged the last seat when a F reservation cancelled about 15 min prior to boarding.

This stuff will only get worse for a while.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
FlyNow/Standby will continue as normal on NW metal until the reservations cutover in January, when it will be the Delta system in place.

Tomorrow is the merger of the FFP aspect of the program; the reservations stuff will still be in effect until January though.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Pick2LiteMSP
While nwa.com checkin allows processing in the 24 hour window, the 'same day confirmed' and 'standby' options only show after 12 midnite on the actual day of travel. The screen may come up prior to midnite, but everything will show as 'unavailable'.
Not true. I've posted about this several times. I've had it offer free confirmed changes the day before, as early as 23:59. Though the rules of flynow state it's same day, the system allows it. I considered this to be a hidden benefit of NWA, but likely to disappear with the inferior DL IT.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...d-threads.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.