Community
Wiki Posts
Search

flying on Delta metal as NW elite

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
flying on Delta metal as NW elite

I'll be flying from SEA-ATL-AUA on October 2. I am Silver on NW, and I gave my NW WP number when I booked the flight (and that's the number I registered with my Delta Amex for the double miles promo). My Delta and NW accounts are linked. I'm sure everything is *supposed* to happen automatically with the changeover to Delta, but is there anything I should do to make sure I'm in line for an upgrade, that my miles and EQMs (or whatever they're called on Delta) post, and that my double miles for Amex get credited properly?

I haven't flown on Delta in many years ... as NW silver, is there anything I should do other than use online checkin exactly 24 hours in advance to maximize my chances of getting upgraded?

Lastly, is there a Delta website where I can check to verify that my name is on the upgrade list? And is there a mobile-phone-browser version of it? (Sorry, I'm sure this is covered somewhere - just haven't found it yet)

thanks in advance,
-huge
Old Sep 30, 2009, 10:39 am

Programs: DL 2MM, AA ExPlat, UA S, HH S, MR LT Titanium, National Exec
Originally Posted by huge
I'll be flying from SEA-ATL-AUA on October 2. I am Silver on NW, and I gave my NW WP number when I booked the flight (and that's the number I registered with my Delta Amex for the double miles promo). My Delta and NW accounts are linked. I'm sure everything is *supposed* to happen automatically with the changeover to Delta, but is there anything I should do to make sure I'm in line for an upgrade, that my miles and EQMs (or whatever they're called on Delta) post, and that my double miles for Amex get credited properly?
As a Silver unless it is a mid day flight, chances of upgrade are probably low anyway. I am waiting to see if the double miles post for me after tomorrow but have confidence they will.

I haven't flown on Delta in many years ... as NW silver, is there anything I should do other than use online checkin exactly 24 hours in advance to maximize my chances of getting upgraded?
Delta basis priority in fare classes by when you purchased not when you check in.

Lastly, is there a Delta website where I can check to verify that my name is on the upgrade list? And is there a mobile-phone-browser version of it? (Sorry, I'm sure this is covered somewhere - just haven't found it yet)
I believe they added that functionality recently but have heard it isn't really working very well, especially the mobile piece.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 11:55 am

Lastly, is there a Delta website where I can check to verify that my name is on the upgrade list? And is there a mobile-phone-browser version of it?
After you check in online there will be a link on your itin page showing the upgrade list. for checking it on your mobile, i believe it's www.mobile.delta.com and you can see the same thing there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.