Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Cuba
Reload this Page >

Taxi service recommendations

Taxi service recommendations

Old Nov 17, 18, 9:11 am
  #1  
Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 14,030
Taxi service recommendations

Hello - I will be landing at Santa Clara (SNU) and need to get to Trinidad. Should I book in advance with one of the online services or simply grab a taxi after arriving at SNU? The online prices for the one-way trip seem to be around 80 CUC.

Thanks!
MileageAddict is offline  
Old Nov 17, 18, 4:50 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Southern California
Programs: AA EXPlat; HHonors Diamond
Posts: 490
Originally Posted by MileageAddict View Post
Hello - I will be landing at Santa Clara (SNU) and need to get to Trinidad. Should I book in advance with one of the online services or simply grab a taxi after arriving at SNU? The online prices for the one-way trip seem to be around 80 CUC.

Thanks!
Don't book in advance. You can probably catch a cab at the airport for 60 CUC or so.
catcher1 is offline  
Old Nov 22, 18, 6:45 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 27
does Uber work In Cuba?
joao_elportu is offline  
Old Feb 17, 19, 7:53 am
  #4  
Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 14,030
Originally Posted by catcher1 View Post
Don't book in advance. You can probably catch a cab at the airport for 60 CUC or so.
I ended up having the host at my arrival casa particular arrange to have a driver waiting for me. Super convenient (he held up a piece of paper with my name on it) and it cost 70 CUC.
MileageAddict is offline  
Old Feb 17, 19, 8:06 am
  #5  
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 7,664
Originally Posted by joao_elportu View Post
does Uber work In Cuba?
LOL
skywardhunter is offline  
Old Feb 17, 19, 8:16 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Southern California
Programs: AA EXPlat; HHonors Diamond
Posts: 490
Originally Posted by MileageAddict View Post
I ended up having the host at my arrival casa particular arrange to have a driver waiting for me. Super convenient (he held up a piece of paper with my name on it) and it cost 70 CUC.
Fair price for the service. Hope you enjoyed your trip.
catcher1 is offline  
Old Feb 19, 19, 5:41 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: YYZ
Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Posts: 13,340
Originally Posted by joao_elportu View Post
does Uber work In Cuba?
Yes they have Uber in Cuba also known as Taxi Particular!
djjaguar64 is offline  
Old Feb 19, 19, 7:28 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,654
Originally Posted by djjaguar64 View Post
Yes they have Uber in Cuba also known as Taxi Particular!
Can we please not joke with those already uninformed?
Forget most anything to do with your smart phone, except taking photos. There are some Wifi hotspots if you buy an ETECSA card.
VidaNaPraia is offline  
Old Feb 20, 19, 6:24 am
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: YYZ
Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Posts: 13,340
Originally Posted by VidaNaPraia View Post
Can we please not joke with those already uninformed?
Forget most anything to do with your smart phone, except taking photos. There are some Wifi hotspots if you buy an ETECSA card.
This is not a joke, you need to relax. Cuban Uber is Taxi Particular, the only difference is you cannot call them by phone you wave them down on the street. It functions as Uber Pool.
djjaguar64 is offline  
Old Feb 20, 19, 7:27 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,654
Originally Posted by djjaguar64 View Post
This is not a joke, you need to relax. Cuban Uber is Taxi Particular, the only difference is you cannot call them by phone you wave them down on the street. It functions as Uber Pool.
Yeah and the only difference between a horse cart and a taxi is the number of horses in their horse power.
I use the Uber app on my phone to connect with Uber slightly in advance of my trip,. The app tells me the time the ride will take, the fare, for all options. If I choose a 'Pool' option from the several offered, the app advises me to walk to a certain close-by meeting point , and gives me details about the type of car I am meeting, its license plate number and the driver's name.
How is this even remotely like a Cuban taxi particular?
Please don't mislead the novice travelers to Cuba.
VidaNaPraia is offline  
Old Feb 27, 19, 6:27 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 10
I truly hope that you enjoyed your tour
sophiakarter23 is offline  
Old Apr 9, 19, 12:25 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by joao_elportu View Post
does Uber work In Cuba?
There isn't uber in cuba.
joseandres is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread