Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Cuba
Reload this Page >

US citizen - arrive in Havana, depart from Santa Clara?

Old Jul 13, 18, 3:26 pm
Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

I want to use Jetblue points for my itinerary. Ideally, it makes the most sense to fly into Havana and depart from a point much farther east so I don't have to travel all the way back to Havana. As a US citizen, I want to make sure I'm not doing anything that will look complicated or cause an issue. Have any other Americans secured an open-jaw Cuban ticket?
Old Jul 13, 18, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MileageAddict View Post
I want to use Jetblue points for my itinerary. Ideally, it makes the most sense to fly into Havana and depart from a point much farther east so I don't have to travel all the way back to Havana. As a US citizen, I want to make sure I'm not doing anything that will look complicated or cause an issue. Have any other Americans secured an open-jaw Cuban ticket?
My wife is a US citizen, travels to Cuba about 8-10 times a year, and has has booked open-jaws multiple times, for herself and fellow travelers. There is no impediment.
Old Jul 14, 18, 4:24 am
Original Poster

That's the answer I was hoping to hear - thank you!
Old Feb 23, 19, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Post trip update: I ended up flying to Santa Clara and home from Havana. SNU airport is very small. No airbridges; you walk from the plane to the terminal, go through passport control then luggage x-ray then hand in your health form to a dude wearing a white lab coat. Money exchange is located outside the terminal to the right and around the corner.
MoreMilesPlease and SFLboogie like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: