Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confused with Trumps New Cuba's Restrictions !!! Help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Confused with Trumps New Cuba's Restrictions !!! Help

I only recently learnt that MR Trump is changing Cuba Restrictions, which was announced in June 2017 and unfortunately I booked my flights on the 25th of June 2017.
I have been reading some of the threads on this, but still a little confused as to whether I would be okay on p2p, but not going with a tour operator.

1. I hold a British Passport, booked flight with Virgin Atlantic for March 2018 from LGW to Havana Cuba Return from SFO to LHR.

2. Booked separate flights with Delta Departing Havana Cuba to Las Vegas for a few days and then onto San Francisco for a few days.

My concern is when I booked the Delta Flight departing from Cuba to Las Vegas, it gave me the option to choose one of the 12 OFAC authorised travel categories and I chose p2p.
If the new restrictions do come into effect, would I still be okay leaving Cuba to Las Vegas as I will be on a Delta Aircraft or would I have to choose a different category in OFAC and if so, which would be the best one.

any guidance would be appreciated

Thanks all
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:14 pm

Nothing has changed yet.

Try "Support for the Cuban People" as an alternative, very vaguely defined in the OFAC literature, if you need to change categories for reason to travel.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Thankyou

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.