Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Cuba
Reload this Page >

Traveling to Cuba as a EU-Citizen with a J-1 Visa

Old May 14, 2017, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Hey,

I'm a EU-Citizen(Germany) and live in Alabama for an Internship at the moment. My holidays will be at the end of Juni and i would love to travel to Cuba.
I own a J-1 Visa and now I'm wondering if I'm allowed to travel to Cuba, legally.

Do any of you already have experience with that? I would be glad to get an advice
Old May 14, 2017, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by PDewais
Hey,

I'm a EU-Citizen(Germany) and live in Alabama for an Internship at the moment. My holidays will be at the end of Juni and i would love to travel to Cuba.
I own a J-1 Visa and now I'm wondering if I'm allowed to travel to Cuba, legally.

Do any of you already have experience with that? I would be glad to get an advice
You are subject to US law regarding travel to Cuba, which means that, like all US passport holders leaving from a US airport/port, you must sign an OFAC declaration (US gov't), picking one of the 12 reasons/excuses for travel (one of which is NOT tourism).
There is a lot of information on this situation on various travel forums for Cuba. No one has reported a problem, although you may be asked the purpose of your trip on re-entry.
If your J-1 visa is OK for re-entry to the US, you should have no problem.

Cuban gov't requirements:
You will need a pink tourist card (purchased from the airline or its agent).
You will fill out a health form at the airport, to be handed in on arrival.
You will fill out a customs form at the airport, to be handed in on arrival.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.