Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Cuba
Reload this Page >

Daytrips from Havana?

Daytrips from Havana?

Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Daytrips from Havana?

I'm planning to be in Havana soon for a few days. Are there any worthwhile daytrips I should take - thinking of places with historical interest, natural beauty, etc.?

I'm open to packages as well as DIY that isn't too complex.

Thanks!
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:21 am

Vinales can be a day trip to see tobacco fields, hills, ride horses, etc. COuld be overnight as well.
Maybe the beaches just outside Havana if the weather is right, or an overnight (long day trip) to Varadero for lovely beaches.
Trinidad is also not too far from Havana.
But if you only have "a few days", you might just want to explore Havana itself.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Vinales might be exactly the kind of place I'm looking for (the pictures look gorgeous!).

Any hints on a reliable way to get there and back without renting a car?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by discoverCSG
Any hints on a reliable way to get there and back without renting a car?
http://www.viazul.com/.

Or you can hire a private driver. Your CP should be able to help you arrange this.

IMHO I'd suggest going overnight and not just for the day. It's about 3 hours in each direction.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Book a Vinales tour with one of the agencies in Habana, they are in the Tryp Habana Libre hotel and on the side of the hotel as well.
http://www.havanatur.cu/web/inicio.php
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
You can visit Ernest Hemingway's estate, about 30 minutes from Havana. Fusterlandia is also amazing. It's technically a part of Havana but it is not the main tourist circuit. The town is an hommage to Gaudi. There are amazing murals and statues. Google it and you'll see what I'm talking about!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.