Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Cuba
Reload this Page >

Need help with a 4* or 5* hotel January 15 weekend

Old Dec 21, 15, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

I'm having a really hard time finding a hotel in Havana for the weekend of January 15 in the 4-5* categories.

Any suggestions? I've tried several and they are all fully booked.
Old Dec 22, 15, 10:07 am

Programs: Sky Miles - Gold, IHG - Platinum, SPG - Gold, HHonors - Gold, AAdvantage - Gold
I had the same problem this past week. I honestly think that the nice hotels in the city arent really booked - they are reserved for tour companies who do the booking for the hotels... As an alernative - check out Air BNB - they have a lot of postings for Havana and I stayed in two great places - with no problem and likely a nicer place than some of the supposed 4 or 5 star hotels... If you really have your heart set on a Hotel - try the Hotel Capri - its run by the NH hotels brand - is in a great location in the Vedado and their staff is excellent along with probably the best views of the city (as long as its not too smoggy)...
Old Dec 22, 15, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. I did look at the site but traveling alone I think I would be more comfortable at a 4-5* hotel.

I am in the US. Do you know a tour operator I could contact?

If the operators haven't sold their blocks, do they typically release them back to the hotel by a certain date?
Old Dec 23, 15, 8:36 am
Ambassador, LAN LANPASS

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles, Virtuoso TA
Meliá Habana seems available... Are there restrictions for direct booking if you're based in the US?
Old Dec 23, 15, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Hotel prices have sky rocketted. I suggest staying in Miramar, you can get a villa at Hotel Comodoro. Do not book on this site as it charges a Euro Rate.

http://www.cubaism.ca/en/hotels/view/hotel-comodoro/242

Search this Thread
Search Engine: