Experiences with Cuba Travel Services?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences with Cuba Travel Services?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
I think you're looking for something that just isn't there. You're not eligible for these flights with the type of trip you're taking.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SJOGuy
I think you're looking for something that just isn't there. You're not eligible for these flights with the type of trip you're taking.
If I sign the form and check off one of the silly boxes like "journalist," then I satisfy the airline's paperwork requirements. No one cares. I don't know why you keep harping on eligibility, I didn't ask about it and it has no bearing on the questions I've asked.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 12:39 pm

I don't know why you keep harping on eligibility, I didn't ask about it and it has no bearing on the questions I've asked.
It doesn't take much to figure out that you're not eligible. Look. You asked about travel with CTS and eligibility is a key part of it. This is not just any travel agency where you book a plane ticket with them and that's that. I can't help it if this is not the advice you wanted to hear. Anyway, you said they will not sell you a Cuba-USA ticket.

I wish you well in your future travels.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yes, just to follow up for anyone who may be interested, when I messaged Cuba Travel Services and asked about a one way Cuba-USA ticket, they specifically said they couldn't sell a one way Cuba-USA ticket.

I called today and got a live person on the phone and asked about a round trip Cuba-USA ticket (I would have just thrown away the return portion, so very naughty) and she said they can't sell any tickets at all originating in Cuba.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: lh sen
Why are you so keen to buy a one way out of Cuba with CTS? Just fly to Cuba and buy in any travel agency in Cuba a one way flight to any destination in the world except the US of A. What is the problem?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Because I will be in Santiago and I want to fly from Santiago to Miami and then on a separate ticket back to Las Vegas. One stop.

There are no other one stop itineraries, and no convenient two stop itineraries.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Because I will be in Santiago and I want to fly from Santiago to Miami and then on a separate ticket back to Las Vegas. One stop.

There are no other one stop itineraries, and no convenient two stop itineraries.
Depending on when you are going and flexibility, you could fly WS HOG-YYZ and then YYZ-LAS. Unfortunately it can't be sold as a single ticket but you do have 2 1/2 hr layover at YYZ. Should be a cinch if you have Nexus.

WS2625 HOG 1431 YYZ 1826
WS1118 YYZ 2050 LAS 2230
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Interesting. How long is the drive from Santiago to HOG?

I actually don't have NEXUS. I also don't want to take this flight on Monday, and unfortunately it looks like that's the only day of the week that WS flies HOG to YYZ.

Last edited by jphripjah; Sep 18, 2015 at 8:29 pm
Old Sep 18, 2015, 11:43 pm

Programs: lh sen
Originally Posted by jphripjah

I want, I want, I want.

Just buy SCU-HAV-PTY and a seperate ticket from PTY.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carpetbagger
I want, I want, I want.

Just buy SCU-HAV-PTY and a seperate ticket from PTY.
Or I could buy SCU-HAV then a separate ticket on Copa HAV-PTY-LAS. But either way it requires an overnight stop in Panama City that I'd rather avoid, plus either a 7 hour layover in Havana or an overnight stop there too.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 6:35 pm

You're looking for a convenience that doesn't exist. You won't return the way you came. You want a one-stop itinerary to Las Vegas. You won't fly on Monday. You won't do a seven-hour connection in Havana. You won't overnight in Havana. You won't overnight in Panama City. You wanted to buy a plane ticket from a tour operator that isn't legally permitted to sell you one.

Welcome to Cuba, and guess what? Convenience is often not part of independent travel there. I've gone as a journalist (a real journalist, not a pretend one). That meant I had to travel independently. The trip was amazing and rewarding ... and filled with hassles and things that didn't work out exactly as I would have liked.

Your plane ticket "woes" might be just the beginning of things that will inconvenience you in Cuba. Steel yourself and roll with the punches. Look at alternatives. People here have given you good suggestions. Consider them, rather than finding fault with them.

My original suggestion still stands: Buy a round-trip PAP-SCU-PAP ticket. Return to Port-au-Prince and spend the night there before flying to Miami the next day on the return leg of a USA-Haiti-USA ticket.

Last edited by SJOGuy; Sep 19, 2015 at 11:27 pm
Old Sep 20, 2015, 9:07 am
Original Poster

I've actually been to Havana before on the Mexican airline. SomethingJet.

I've considered the suggestions and I appreciate them, but they don't interest me. If flying from PAP to SCU on Thursday for two days means that instead of getting back to Las Vegas on Saturday, I get back on Monday, then it's not worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.