Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Cuba
Reload this Page >

House GOP bill blocks new air flights, cruise ship travel to Cuba

Old Apr 30, 15, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA/AA

Ugh, Just When We Thought Open Travel to Cuba Was a Done Deal....members of the U.S. House of Representatives introduced a Department of Transportation bill this week with a caveat that could put the brakes on the momentum.

http://www.usnews.com/news/business/...-ships-to-cuba
Old Apr 30, 15, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
When I read this post, even before I read the linked article, I knew that the bill had to have been introduced by either Ileiana Ros Lehtenin (aka Gross Latent-Witch) or Mario Diaz Balart, two single-issue, shrill pandering members of Congress who are consistently in the lists of the Bottom 10 least-effective members of Congress.

This is nothing more than toady politicians playing to the green-tooth death-to-Castro rabble down in deepest Miami-Dade County.
Old May 1, 15, 12:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
As an outsider looking at this latest twist to the US political dance with Cuba, I wonder why folks continue to keep their heads in a bucket of sand wrt forbidding USC travel to Cuba.

It has not done anything useful since the embargo for travel was imposed on Americans. I just flew out of HAV today and the Cubans are doing as well as any other developing nation - working, paying taxes/license fees etc - and scamming gringo tourists when ever they can - just like European scam artists do

Hustling for US votes in Florida is what this is all about - at least I think so... As my Ph.D advisor said about US politicians: "We have the best politicians money can buy!" Gotta wonder about the sanity of it all

Search this Thread