Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Cuba
Reload this Page >

Cuba booming as tourists flock there before Americans come

Old Mar 24, 15, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA/AA

Tour bookings have doubled and tripled since word of U.S. thaw came, and it's not Americans visiting yet

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/cuba...come-1.3005558
Old Mar 24, 15, 5:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Interesting article. Thank you for the link.
Old Mar 25, 15, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Totally understandable.
I dont think there are many people who would deny the fact that Americans will "ruin" Cuba.
Look at the Bahamas or DR - both crime-ridden, corrupt and 100% reliant economies on the (mainly US) tourist dollar.
Old Mar 28, 15, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
Totally understandable.
I dont think there are many people who would deny the fact that Americans will "ruin" Cuba.
Look at the Bahamas or DR - both crime-ridden, corrupt and 100% reliant economies on the (mainly US) tourist dollar.
I have been going to Cuba since 2001, and I have to say I like the authenticity of the place, it still reminds me of my childhood, the smells and homes etc. Now, it'll be a shame to see the golden arches and US$ being the currency. Sad really.

Cuba Si Americano's No!!
Old Apr 1, 15, 7:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by djjaguar64 View Post
I have been going to Cuba since 2001, and I have to say I like the authenticity of the place, it still reminds me of my childhood, the smells and homes etc. Now, it'll be a shame to see the golden arches and US$ being the currency. Sad really.

Cuba Si Americano's No!!
I never understand this complaint. So a McDonald's sets up shop in a foreign country? Who's forcing you to go there? When the time comes that there's one in Havana, the average Cuban won't be able to afford to eat there anyway.

Search this Thread